[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline cuirava
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

620.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

fisher
« Reply #100 on: October 22, 2010, 02:05:19 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Thank you for the input, thats very educational.
If you guys dont mind me asking why would the military be interesting to make those trail roads in a peak that is in the back of a resrvation leading nowhere in particular and why was it made only after the victorio peak gold claim discovery ?

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4190.msg122112.html#msg122112

Offline kent13
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

465.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

fisher
« Reply #101 on: October 22, 2010, 04:47:35 pm »
Go Up Go Down

A couple years ago i did some research on vpeak. It is the same as what ur talking about. There is a lot out there, about the government, including keeping people quite. If u can put it all together in one book I think it would be good reading for those who dont know.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4190.msg122121.html#msg122121

Offline Victorio Peak
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

135.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #102 on: October 23, 2010, 03:58:18 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by cuirava
Thank you for the input, thats very educational.
If you guys dont mind me asking why would the military be interesting to make those trail roads in a peak that is in the back of a resrvation leading nowhere in particular and why was it made only after the victorio peak gold claim discovery ?

The roads in and around Victorio Peak were cut originally in 1949 by a worker and Noss family friend named Jack Wood.  He was hired by Ova Noss to make easier access to the Peak.  The roads were further cut and improved by the Gaddis Mining Company in 1963 by operation manager Les Smith during a 60 day hunt.
I have attached a couple of pictures.  The b/w photo of the north side of the Peak was taken in 1990 during our environmental assessment prior to our excavation.  The other photograph was taken in 1949 with Letha,  Ova Noss's daughter in the foreground.

So many people have mistakenly thought these roads had been cut by the military. 

Thanks for the great question!

cheers,

-alex

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4190.msg122168.html#msg122168

There are 2 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

VP Northside.jpg
letha with dozer.jpg

" The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about"

Please Register or Login

www.victoriopeak.com

Offline hardluck
Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #103 on: October 23, 2010, 04:25:57 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Victorio Peak

Thank you for the interesting post. If you have more documents I would be interested in seeing them. I am open minded on the subject especially if there is verifiable documentation of sorts support any claims. Please forgive some of our healthy but some times overzealous cynicism as like with all treasure legends there have been many claims and counter claims. Now you have most probably have seen that yourself in your own research on the subject.

To me that is what makes treasure legends so interesting.

Do please continue as it sounds that you have have done some interesting interesting research.

Hardluck

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4190.msg122170.html#msg122170

Offline GUESS WHO
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines

905.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #104 on: October 23, 2010, 05:20:15 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Victorio Peak
I thought I might share a page from a new set of books being released before the end of the year regarding Victorio Peak and details about the theft.  Below is the polygraph document from the two airmen that started the whole F. Lee Bailey involvement into the Peak and John Dean testifying at the Watergate hearings about the this gold.  You see many of you are right.  Sometimes it's hard to even believe first hand accounts.  But documents, can hold a different view about this tiny little mountain.  More evidence that you can even imagine exists about an enormous treasure from Victorio Peak.  These books will be reveal for the first time what no one has ever compiled or seen before.  I will share some more from time to time. Please enjoy and keep the posts coming about VP.

The following is an excerpt from page 50 of The Gold House book II due to be out soon.

More information concerning the existence of gold bars inside Victorio Peak appears in a document generated by the government. According to the official ?Lie Detector Examination Report? submitted by James H. McNevin on September 13, 1961. Major General W.M. Canterbury Commander at Holloman AFB had personally requested Fiege?s test. The test was authorized by the ?District Commander, OSI District 17? and was ?conducted from 1320 to 1435 on September 5, 1961, at Holloman AFB, New Mexico.? The 17th OSI District is situated at Kirtland Air Force Base in Albuquerque, New Mexico, the second largest base in the United States. McNevin was a ?Lie Detector Examiner? from the 17th Office of Special Investigations (OSI) at Kirtland AFB. Whether or not the FBI and the Treasury Department were also involved is not known; however, it is not unlikely they were somehow involved in the planning, sanctioning and implementation of the examination.
Fiege ?was informed of the nature of the offense and advised of his rights under Article 31 and acknowledged that he understood his rights.? The polygraph examination undergone by Leonard Vernon Fiege and Thomas Berlett produced the following results:
Did you find bricks in a cave in the San Andres Mountains in November? Yes.
Is your statement concerning the finding of the bricks completely true? Yes.
Did you or any of your companions bring any of the bricks out of the cave? No.
Did Berlett also see these bricks in the cave? Yes.
After an analysis of the charts pertaining to this examination, it is the opinion of the examiner that the Examinee was truthful in his answers to the above questions. ?James H. McNevin
~
One question remains concerning the polygraph testing; what was the meaning of ?nature of the offense? and why was it necessary to advise Fiege ?of his rights under Article 31? prior to the examination? If Fiege, Berlett, and their two other friends were guilty of a crime, what was the nature of the offence? The group claimed they were hunting the day they found the cave entrance at Victorio Peak, and according to Shinkle, it was a designated hunting area. Was it a crime for them to enter the cave, or could it be they were charged with a violation of the Gold Reserve Act for possessing the gold simply by picking up some of the bars? Apparently there were charges made, but what they were is unknown. And there was yet another incident that centered on Fiege?s credibility, an event that took place at the home of Thayer Snipes in El Paso, Texas.

cheers,

-alex

Hi Alex ~  Did the actual author or his publisher give you permission to publish this?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4190.msg122173.html#msg122173

Offline Victorio Peak
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

135.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #105 on: October 23, 2010, 09:25:12 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by GUESS WHO
Hi Alex ~  Did the actual author or his publisher give you permission to publish this?

Yes he did. I was the Director of Operations of the Victorio Peak Project in the 90's.  I must admit that I have done little independent research,  there was no need I was right in the middle of it all.  I have hundreds of hours of video tapes of Letha, Dorothy, daughters of Ova Noss and step daughters of Doc Noss.  They were in their 80's at the time.  Along with their interviews I had Marvin, Letha's brother, Wes and Jerry Cheatham Letha's boys as well.  All are dead now.  The only surviving members are Jim and Terry Delonas of which Terry was the General Partner for the Ova Noss Famly Parthnership (ONFP)
Terry is the one who spearheaded the project and lives in Orange County, California as do I.
Terry cooperated with Jack completely and felt his work was the best he had ever seen.  So,  Jack had full access to the Noss files.  I have full access to the Noss files as well and was given permission to use any information I deemed necessary to educate the world of this story and Jack's books that are soon to publish.  The other fellow is correct on trying to sell books.  So what? It's the most definitive and exhaustive work to date. These new books make,   "100 Tons of Gold" look like a children's book.  There are 1200 pages of detailed research, documents, photos, letters from Doc Noss, etc. 
Letha wasn't the most trusting person.  Even during the project years she kept her "foot lockers", locked and off limits.  She delivered information as needed but spoke freely on her years at the Peak with Doc.  The new Victorio Peak website will contain some of the videos I speak of.  The rest are being prepared for a documentary.

As far as treasure hunting blogs as Rodney Dangerfield would say,  "this is a tough room".  I fully understand the cautious concern but I do appreciate your sincere comments and lust for history and treasure stories.  Now for some more pictures.

cheers,

-alex

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4190.msg122199.html#msg122199

There are 3 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Doc Noss & Crew at Rock Shack.jpg
Lower Noss Shaft.jpg
Upper Noss Shaft.jpg

« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 10:06:33 am by Victorio Peak »

Please Register or Login

www.victoriopeak.com

Offline cuirava
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%

United States

620.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

fisher
« Reply #106 on: October 23, 2010, 01:00:09 pm »
Go Up Go Down

thanks Alex for the info and the correction,thats to much work involved for it to be a hoax,specialy in the time span of events, regards

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4190.msg122224.html#msg122224

Offline kent13
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

465.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

fisher
« Reply #107 on: October 23, 2010, 02:15:34 pm »
Go Up Go Down

That is true. Can u share the pictures. I would like to take a look. There appears to be a small amout burried near one of the roads. I think this is what doc was going to use to bargin with the enginer he hired at one time, before he died. A look at the pictures would be great if u can post them. thanks.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4190.msg122229.html#msg122229

Offline hardluck
Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #108 on: October 23, 2010, 05:41:52 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Victorio Peak

What happened to Leonard Vernon Fiege and Thomas Berlett after the lie detector examination. ?

Did they ever try to get involved with the treasure again with the Noss family or on their own?

Thanking you in advance.

Hardluck.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4190.msg122261.html#msg122261

Offline Victorio Peak
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

135.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #109 on: October 23, 2010, 06:45:40 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by hardluck
Hello Victorio Peak

What happened to Leonard Vernon Fiege and Thomas Berlett after the lie detector examination. ?

Did they ever try to get involved with the treasure again with the Noss family or on their own?

Thanking you in advance.

Hardluck.

My understanding is that Fiegge was murdered.  I will check with Jack, it's in the book.  I can tell you that Fiegge was interviewed by Dan Rather when 60 Minutes visited the Peak.  This video and others will be available on the victoriopeak.com website shortly.  I will post back to you on Fiegge.  Tom Berlett,  I met once in a hotel in 1990 in Las Cruces as we prepared to go to the Peak.  He wasn't very friendly,  he seemed threatened.  The reason for this,  as it was explained to me,  he was claiming the treasure.  His position was that he discovered something different than Doc Noss.  The Noss family claims everything on the Peak.  A foolish position to take,  we were the only game in town with access to the Peak.   We feel we already know where he went in.  It's the same location the military entered after he showed them the access point.  It's this same location that the captain in charge of the illegal dig left evidence of their dig.  This location was only made know by Fiegge and Berlett.  As far as I know Tom lives in Chicago.

I have attached a couple of theft evidence photos within the Peak.  These photos are inside of the area where Fiegge and Berlett made their access to Victorio Peak.

The first picture, the wide shot is within Soldier's Hole as it became known.  The Captain Orby Swanner's name can be seen just above to the right of the person in the cave.  The second picture is a close up of Swanner's name on the wall.  This was the date of one of the removals.

cheers,

-alex

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4190.msg122279.html#msg122279

There are 2 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Soldier's Hole.jpg
SwannerName.jpg

« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 06:50:56 pm by Victorio Peak »