[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline hardluck
Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%
Referrals: 0

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #110 on: October 24, 2010, 01:44:20 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Victorio Peak

Why would this Captain Orby Swanner put his name rank serial number and date in cave that he was allegedly looting of behalf of the Army or government?

Its like a Burglar breaking into your house leaving his name address all the evidence to leave for a conviction?

This does not make any sense?

Whatever happened to Captain Orby Swanner?

Thanking you in advance

Hardluck

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4190.msg122325.html#msg122325

Offline kent13
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

465.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

fisher
« Reply #111 on: October 24, 2010, 07:18:02 am »
Go Up Go Down

Those photos are real nice. It is good that u share them. That is a part of american history that many americans dont know. Do u have photos to the outside of the vp showing the roads around vp. Thanks

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4190.msg122371.html#msg122371

Offline Victorio Peak
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

135.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #112 on: October 24, 2010, 10:29:43 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by hardluck
Hello Victorio Peak

Why would this Captain Orby Swanner put his name rank serial number and date in cave that he was allegedly looting of behalf of the Army or government?

Its like a Burglar breaking into your house leaving his name address all the evidence to leave for a conviction?

This does not make any sense?

Whatever happened to Captain Orby Swanner?

Thanking you in advance

Hardluck

Good question. I can tell you this,  Captain Swanner told his family that he felt what he was ordered to do was wrong.  He knew,  somehow, this was ordered by General Shinkle and it was a get personally rich mission .  This was not an official removal by any means.  This was an opportunity to line one's pocket with enough cash for life.  Swanner,  wanted to get busted to tell all.  When the victoriopeak.com website goes live shortly I have posted the Unsolved Mysteries segment 1 and 2.  Episode 2 is about the theft which includes Swanner's sister telling what happened that day as explained to her by her brother.  If you have never seen it before it's worth seeing.  Also,  on the site will be some news segments as well as the original 60 Minutes program with Dan Rather on the Peak.  He interviews Ova Noss as well as Leonard Fiegge. These videos will help fully answer your questions.

Please Register or Login

http://www.victoriopeak.com

cheers,

-alex

Posted on: October 24, 2010, 11:23:10 AM
Quote:Posted by kent13
Those photos are real nice. It is good that u share them. That is a part of american history that many americans dont know. Do u have photos to the outside of the vp showing the roads around vp. Thanks

Here is probably the best shot to see the roads on the Peak.  Remember these roads were not cut by the Army.  These roads were made by Jack Wood and employee of Ova Noss in 1949 and by an expedition done by the Gaddis Mining Company in 1963.  These were access roads for both efforts in hopes of pushing a rock over and to gain access by chance.  Didn't work! 

cheers,

-alex

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4190.msg122395.html#msg122395

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

Peak Oblique.jpg

" The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about"

Please Register or Login

www.victoriopeak.com

Offline Idaho Jones
Gold Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United States

7930.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #113 on: October 25, 2010, 12:38:43 am »
Go Up Go Down

Very interesting information, thanks for sharing it.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4190.msg122485.html#msg122485

Offline GUESS WHO
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines

905.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #114 on: October 25, 2010, 01:08:51 am »
Go Up Go Down

I was referring to Oren. No big deal as long as the story is told.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4190.msg122488.html#msg122488

Offline kent13
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

465.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

fisher
« Reply #115 on: October 25, 2010, 05:59:43 am »
Go Up Go Down

I have seen that picture from the air before. I am looking for pictures that may have been taken from the area at ground level. There was a certain cia agent invlolved. I have not seen his name mentioned in these articles. Do u have articles on him.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4190.msg122495.html#msg122495

Offline Searcher1
Pull Tab

Picture taken in 1956.
Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

45.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Scorpion
« Reply #116 on: October 26, 2010, 08:52:50 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi all...I am new and just found this thread today...I am happy to see Alex here

Alex...we met at the peak in the 90s several times but I don't imagine you remember...I and my long time prospecting friend T.M. were there as guests of Pat Heydt.

I first arrived at then WSPG a young GI on July 6, 1956. I and a few fellow GIs  found the "Curse of The San Andres" in the post library. On weekends we often went to the peak as well as other excursions....as I told the ONFP group on my first visit "I couldn't tell them where the gold was but I could sure tell them where it wasn't in 1956"

I got reclassified into Army reserves and went to work with the Bell System on the Nike project in 1959. 

I put my name and serial number in the mountain in 1956 as did others...just to show we were there....

I never heard of Fiege till the 70s...I have always thought he was a fraud using his story and tests and the Holloman Air Force PM guy as a way to gain access thinking he could find the way to the gold....at any rate when I was there in the 90s and was shown the Fiege location I can honestly say we were in there several times in 56 and 57 and there was no gold there then....I was privy to a lot of information leaked when Gen. Shinkle, O. B. Swanner and others were digging around.....rumor had it that Shinkle had a small gold bar he used as a paperweight on his desk....

I gave the ONFP a set of the pics I took in 1956....I need to get busy and get them scanned so I can post them here.....

I am 78 now and TM is 82 and we still go out and prospect....I dream of getting back to the peak again....

I will have more to comment soon....

Searcher1

Two recent pics...if they load ok....one is of windmill at base camp Alex ya left yer flood lights up on it....and the other at turn off to the peak..

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4190.msg122739.html#msg122739

There are 2 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

MVC-003F.jpg
MVC-004F.jpg

Offline Victorio Peak
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

135.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #117 on: October 26, 2010, 10:40:44 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Well, it's great to see a fellow Peaker here. I have just recently joined thunting.com and also have posts on treasurenet.com as well.  I never posted or joined any of these blogs before because I didn't see the point, until now. I can't possibly guess your name and sorry about that.  We had several hundred people at the Peak over the years. We all just dropped off the earth,  it wasn't until I heard about this research going on regarding books that I resurfaced.  I felt I had to find out about it.  It's been a few years now since I met Jack and helped him in anyway I could. Now we are probably just a few weeks out from book one release and I'm excited about it no doubt.  But,  it's really book two and three that have all the thunder in it.  You will probably appreciate all the General Shinkle information that Jack has gathered.  You may have some interesting comments when you see all the documents.  I can't wait for you to post some thoughts when you read it.

Please do post any photos you can.  This is all part of our history.  I too will post some more things shortly.

cheers,

-alex

Posted on: October 26, 2010, 11:32:45 PM
Quote:Posted by kent13
I have seen that picture from the air before. I am looking for pictures that may have been taken from the area at ground level. There was a certain cia agent involved. I have not seen his name mentioned in these articles. Do u have articles on him.

There were many CIA people involved with this story,  I would love to try to answer questions.  Just need a wee bit more detail. The photos I have in my collection which includes the Noss collection and all of the photos taken during the 1990's.  It's thousands of picts.  It's only recently that we started to scan photos.  We had 10,000 slides taken alone.  It's  quite a project.  Ground level shots of the Peak exist but they were mostly taken during the 90's.  It sounds like you are looking for something that may have been taken by this CIA guy,  is that right?  If so,  I'm not aware of it.  Sorry,  I couldn't be more help.

cheers,

-alex

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4190.msg122743.html#msg122743

" The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about"

Please Register or Login

www.victoriopeak.com

Offline 79au
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

5.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

many
« Reply #118 on: October 26, 2010, 10:52:12 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Very interesting story!

Cant wait to get my hands on a copy of the book, or better yet time to go comb  Detecting  the New Mexico dessert .

Treasure Fever  Cheesy

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4190.msg122744.html#msg122744

Offline GUESS WHO
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines

905.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #119 on: October 26, 2010, 11:11:22 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Victorio Peak
Well, it's great to see a fellow Peaker here. I have just recently joined thunting.com and also have posts on treasurenet.com as well.  I never posted or joined any of these blogs before because I didn't see the point, until now. I can't possibly guess your name and sorry about that.  We had several hundred people at the Peak over the years. We all just dropped off the earth,  it wasn't until I heard about this research going on regarding books that I resurfaced.  I felt I had to find out about it.  It's been a few years now since I met Jack and helped him in anyway I could. Now we are probably just a few weeks out from book one release and I'm excited about it no doubt.  But,  it's really book two and three that have all the thunder in it.  You will probably appreciate all the General Shinkle information that Jack has gathered.  You may have some interesting comments when you see all the documents.  I can't wait for you to post some thoughts when you read it.

Please do post any photos you can.  This is all part of our history.  I too will post some more things shortly.

cheers,

-alex

Posted on: October 26, 2010, 11:32:45 PM
There were many CIA people involved with this story,  I would love to try to answer questions.  Just need a wee bit more detail. The photos I have in my collection which includes the Noss collection and all of the photos taken during the 1990's.  It's thousands of picts.  It's only recently that we started to scan photos.  We had 10,000 slides taken alone.  It's  quite a project.  Ground level shots of the Peak exist but they were mostly taken during the 90's.  It sounds like you are looking for something that may have been taken by this CIA guy,  is that right?  If so,  I'm not aware of it.  Sorry,  I couldn't be more help.

cheers,

-alex

Isn't it Oren's book?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4190.msg122745.html#msg122745

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15   Go Up
Jump to: