[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline tboniusTopic starter
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

30.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« on: December 11, 2009, 02:56:35 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Greetings
  I've been thinking about diging into my old Bounty Hunter 1100, just to tinker with it, and see if I can increase the sensitivity. of course, I seem to have had a bit of trouble locating the schematic, as expected. proprietary stuff.
but, I've wandered around a pc board or two, I should be able to trace things down, even so without a decent circuit description it's gonna be uphill, both ways, in 5 ft of snow.
  anyone have a circuit description for the Bounty Hunter Discovery 1100, or even better a schematic.
  I know this is a cheeeeap detector,but if I can modify'er and get what I'm looking for, no more collecting soda bottles for a new detector!

Tbonius

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9923.msg62381.html#msg62381

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2009, 05:57:56 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Here is some info:

Please Register or Login

http://support.radioshack.com/support_games/69936.htm

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9923.msg62407.html#msg62407

Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

30.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2009, 10:02:54 am »
Go Up Go Down

thanks Homefire
  I'm actually looking for something a little more technical.
my temptation is to try and play with the oscillator circuits.
which will mean a search coil adjustment, and um a whole host
of headaches, or fun, depends on how you look at it!

sorry folks
  I realized that I may be asking for something proprietary (schematics) on my bounty hunter
since they are still on store shelves. so allow me to rephrase, have any of my fellow electronics techs
played with the freq. circuits in one of these (Bounty Hunter Discovery 1100). just thinking that maybe
I could fool it into working on the 2nd harmonic (3rd harmonic more likely w/bipolar xisters), allowing for smaller(down side "shallower") targets. the coil itself may not function without adding some series capacitance. even then
could wind up in runaway oscillation. so without more tech info, maybe I should consider one of the kits. Or find someone, who has a nice repairable minelab, Garret, or whites.

Tbonius

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9923.msg62812.html#msg62812

Offline technos
Copper Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United States

250.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

whites eagle spectrum
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2009, 12:26:25 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by tbonius
sorry folks
  I realized that I may be asking for something proprietary (schematics) on my bounty hunter
since they are still on store shelves. so allow me to rephrase, have any of my fellow electronics techs
played with the freq. circuits in one of these (Bounty Hunter Discovery 1100). just thinking that maybe
I could fool it into working on the 2nd harmonic (3rd harmonic more likely w/bipolar xisters), allowing for smaller(down side "shallower") targets. the coil itself may not function without adding some series capacitance. even then
could wind up in runaway oscillation. so without more tech info, maybe I should consider one of the kits. Or find someone, who has a nice repairable minelab, Garret, or whites.

Tbonius

There's nothing wrong for asking for a schematic for your detector. The patents on many of these machines have either expired or will expire in the near future. It's certainly your right to modify your machine if you want to!

However there is a dearth of schematics because they usually have to be "reversed engineered" by someone who has access to a machine, and that can (usually) lead to a destructive "teardown." What there is tends to be incomplete or inaccurate. And there does not seem to be widespread demand for schematics for anything (since when was anything repaired?). There are some of us who are more advanced and consider the technology interesting, but a rag tag group it is.

I wish that there would be people who would mail me their broken machines so I could derive some accurate schematics from them! In any event, I'll probably look up some broken machines to buy. However, it's whatever model that is available that will get it's schematic traced!

That said, I do not see much advantage to changing frequencies of the detector, as it is designed to operate at that one frequency (i.e. the coil) and will be quite hard to shift around and get working at another frequency. It truly may be better to start from scratch - but I have seen very few good schematics that I'd consider building from the ground up at this point! And I have seen even less kits - the reason being is that it can be difficult to build a reliable and working coil (and detector for that matter).

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9923.msg64636.html#msg64636

Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

30.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2009, 03:46:15 pm »
Go Up Go Down

yep, it sounds like lots of fun. so now I'm on to trying to make it into a dual(seperate) coil system.
my old microhenry meter is no longer functional, so gotta get another, or use my fluke and a sig gen.
I figure if I can seperate the tx/rx coils maybe I can get more depth out of something already in the
tool box.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9923.msg64739.html#msg64739

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: