[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2011, 08:12:53 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Ground hogs , S3's First ADC's were all 15Khz.  Hot on the gold.   Later ADC's were produced in 5.5 geared for coins.

Cry

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23323.msg167652.html#msg167652

Offline warrenmonty71
Copper Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

660.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Ace 250, Fisher F2, White's Spectrum XLT
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2011, 08:32:26 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I still have my 1980 Garrett Marksman Deepseeker VLF/TR. This thing has the 12" Co-planner coil on it and is very heavy. I don't use it any more because I use the Ace 250 and the Fisher F2. I like the the lighter machines and especially the VDI on the Fisher. I just put a 10x13 DD on the Ace and love it. It gets great depth and excellent with pinpointing after learning how it works on that coil. I plan on selling the old Garrett to somebody who knows the old machines. I've heard alot about how deep they can go once you know the machine.

HH     Warren

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23323.msg167658.html#msg167658

Offline conan
Copper Member

Thank you7

Activity
0%

Australia

195.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2011, 02:40:43 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello I'm a big fan of the GARRETT ADS DEEPSEEKER and specially the later Master Hunter ads 3 model with the led's  to show you the mode you are in.I have strip down lots of them is one model you can take all the rivets out put new stainless steel ones replace the screws clean the dust and even give them a new kill-rust green paint-job.They were build to last,not like the new plastic ones.Why all this work you might say.Because if tuned properly in manual and with the right coil,specially the ADS three master hunter with an excellent stable threshold and solid meter reading(not like some new ones that jump left and right) they still beat the crap on some new models.(Unless you spend thousands on a Minelab.)Mine can pick up on VLF and ground balance properly on creeks with a lot of black heavy soil a half a gram of alluvial nuggets at 4 or five inches with the small coil and up to the ten inch coil.Since I have all the coils up to the 14 inch special heavy coil with very long lead and rope to go under water up to 30 feet.But on the small coil with the 4 to five inches is just enough to then go through the whole signal spot with a Garrett's anty gravity pan to get the deeper stuff.Amazing a lot of models this days missed that small size so I can still go were detectors have been and pull out all this small stuff and at $50 dollars a gram that's not bad not to mention the powerful audio and detection on larger items.Over my 20 years is the model that has found more than any other in parks school playgrounds beaches.Coins,rings money the lot.You say is heavy,yes all my detectors are hip-mounted and the Garrets ADS are so easy to do so by copying the small bracket that mounts on the two top screws and by mounting another bracket on the small shaft coming out of the control box.You can mount a sling around your waist and another over your shoulder and you have a control box that not only will take the weight but now if you are in water you have both hands free by putting the shaft with the coil down and no accidents like some people do when they get excited by the signal but forget the detector is not waterproof.Regarding the rest of the set up.Because older Garret ts you can get just about any spare parts.You get another full handle like the one on the control box,that fits very nicely inside the bottom shaft nice and tight and you can even put the armrest that was made to go on the handle.So now you have a control box hip-mounted a shaft with the coil and handle with a comfortable armrest to balance any coil.(hope I'm not boring anyone)But last, again spare part or make it yourself you get another lead to join the coil to the control box.I have made one female four pin to male four pin.And for the five pin coils groundhogs that came out with five pins and some other models with no difference because there are only four wires and the fifth  pin does nothing other than to look good.The wiring is simple because with the eye glass you can see the numbers one to five and the colors are mention somewhere by Garrett himself from the new ones to the old ones Red and Black are the same is only the other Green or White or Bare or Shield but following the numbers you can't go wrong.I have a four pin to a five a four to a four a five to a five and a five to a four.No problem using any coil.For those people looking for coils gives you a lot more of them out there.The only weakness people say about this model is the battery tray,WHY because you left cheap batteries in the detector for months and months and they leak and ruin your contacts who's fault is it? But they still sell them today with the new sealed way.The best way to practice at home with your ground balance or discrimination.Is get a small glass flask of black-soil or heavy mineralization and go over the coil while adjusting your ten turn ground control until you hardly get any change on the tune threshold.Mine I have added a pulverized rusty nail mixed in the flask with the soil and this Garrett can balance it out to the point of putting it on top of the coil with no change and going over with a gold ring or nugget and get a nice signal.Anyway before the post gets to long I hope I have helped or intrigue some people since the thread says "Does any one still use The Garrett ADS"This is a pic of my best model one with the led's.   Waveing

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23323.msg169539.html#msg169539

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

GARRETT4.jpg

« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 02:50:14 pm by conan, Reason: errors »
Offline OldGrey
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

5.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett ADS Deepseeker
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2012, 09:41:19 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Bit late in responding but I have had a Garrett ADS Deepseeker since they hit the market in Oz and guess what I found it just the other day complete with two coils  and I was thrilled to find that in putting new batteries it worked as the day I purchased it. I now intend to get back the fortune I spent in those years bringing up a tribe and being locked to the house.  Now to see if those old dreams become a reality. Even the box it came in is pristine...
I must say that when I did use it for a short time I collect a a few eating utensils a couple of coins, and saved a marriage from ending in the divorce courts when a friends wife lost her engagement ring in their back garden... Garrett Got It!  Never did collect the reward though!!!  Undecided

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23323.msg233700.html#msg233700

Print
Pages:  1 2    Go Up
Jump to: