[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2011, 09:26:59 am »
Go Up Go Down

if 100 people on here purchased 100 different detectors,
photocopyied the schematics and posted them for us all,
ah life would be a dream,
oh well , back to the world of supression and secrecy.

So your saying the inventor of a product should have no rights to profit from it. I guess I should post my 1000's of pages of research here for free with no hope of recuperating any of my time of money. 

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22404.msg160977.html#msg160977

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Offline GREY RIDER
Bronze Member

There is iron in my words
Thank you10

Activity
0%
Male
United States

540.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

MARKSMAN &  FISHER  F-2     Garrett pro pointer
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2011, 09:51:13 am »
Go Up Go Down

seldom i know ya got some good research i will start the bidding at $500 cause if you post it all on here you won't get nothin i agree with ya  i know a little about tractors i gotta lot of seat time on em (example ) some of the old ones ford and other companies made over seas in small countries the goverments were overthrown and the dies and specs siezed goverment or goverment owned company  and now they make brand new tractors  this years model but i dentical to 1950's fords and other brands (exept the labels are in different language and sold as different brand ) and ford didn't get squat .gotta support ideas  some and come up with own  or improved  not pirated  it can get you in deep stuff this day and age .
just sayin .. bad mojo  but if ya figure out legalities then maybe cause companies legally do it to each other but you make a valid point sir .  personally this stuff aint fer me  but its cool to talk about  i have to say i do like to take stuff apart to see what makes it tick not too sharp on electronics though  so i leave most of that stuff alone  $$   josey

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22404.msg160982.html#msg160982

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2011, 10:36:29 am »
Go Up Go Down

We understand that anything posted on the net and this forum will be copied and used elsewhere copyright be damned.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22404.msg160994.html#msg160994

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2011, 11:11:45 am »
Go Up Go Down

I'M watching YOU Shocked

Shocked But if they have let those older pateints lapse then you could get those drawings you need

AU

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22404.msg161005.html#msg161005

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2011, 11:37:49 am »
Go Up Go Down

LOL!  Every sense the 1950's TV movie TOBAR (ROBOT Spelt Backwards)  Man has been trying to duplicate the human mind.

People have a fascination on the Computer and it's abilities to do what we can't!  

Just last month, the Jeopardy show did a thing were a Supper Dupper computer from Sandi Labs her in New Mexico challenged two male humans .

It was a blast.

The computer did way more then good at first but it seems it could not do the Articulations the human mind can do.

Bottom line is that all The Bells an Whistles that the companies can  put in has nothing to do with what you have between your ears!

There has been little to NO advance over the past twenty years on metal detecting.

Some one needs ta come up with a New thing!

My old, Old Garrett works just fine as long as the Stuff between my Ears is working.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22404.msg161015.html#msg161015

« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 11:40:10 am by homefire »
Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2011, 11:47:20 am »
Go Up Go Down

Just had this conversation with a mate, His old Whites Thrashing the New F75 SE Laws of physics dictate

The Shall i dig or not, 15" is gonna make ya sleep well, and after a few of them you won't be Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss

Not with out hooking ya self up the the national grid Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

AU

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22404.msg161016.html#msg161016

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2011, 03:09:38 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by DOOLEY1972
checking patents is ok, had a look a couple of days ago,problem is that quite often patents tend to be "quite loose" on there description so quite hard to develop anything from it.
the general idea is there ,it has to be, but nothing is exact, if it was exact then,

The theory is clearly defined while the technically exact details are hidden. With good reason. The theory is the important part for the learning process. Knowing that a feedback circuit locks the frequency of an oscillator is far more important than seeing one of the hundreds of ways to accomplish that.After you learn the theory, you can search the web for examples.

The above accomplishes two things. One, you learn about something new and search for means to do it. Second, the actual design remains the property of the designers. In this day of the Internet, where nothing is considered off limits, publishing documents that don't belong to you is quite easy but highly illegal. You may not agree that it should be illegal, but that's just the point.

I recently provided a schematic for a White's detector which I knew to be released by White's into the public domain. A little extra care guarantees me a clear conscience. Just study the patents. You won't regret it in the end.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22404.msg161052.html#msg161052

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2011, 03:30:04 pm »
Go Up Go Down

LOL! SEEN that and knew you was going to make a point of it.

Don't worry, I got my copy!   :Smiley

Most everything used in that detector has been copied and reworked by most manufacturers over the years.

Nothing new or secret in there.

As a matter of fact, most of it is so old, I find it funny folks are still buying them.

Standard Discrete components, SMT or what ever it's still the same machine.

The computerized readings are just showing what you should be able to see/hear your self.

Lazy Folks.  LOL!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22404.msg161056.html#msg161056

Offline tatumj
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

25.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett, Fisher, homebuilt
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2011, 10:40:27 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I found it a pleasure to use a couple of small detectors I built 20 years or so ago. They were reverse engineered from a Tesoro Silver Sabre. Actually worked better than the commercial units.

About the same time, working from patent info, I started to design a unit compatible with Whites old 6000 series. While doing so I found one of the same detectors very cheap in a truck line salvage store and did not finish the project. I still have some of the boards in my junk box. When I looked inside the White's unit I was surprised to find that in what part of the detector I had finished I had used the same chips used in the production unit. Actually later I did have a schematic of the same unit.

So, as to why one would reverse engineer a detector; it is just fun to do so and see it work.

If I knew it, I would never buy a detector made by any company who hide the identity of components. Would make it impossible to repair yourself.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22404.msg166102.html#msg166102

Print
Pages:  1 2    Go Up
Jump to: