[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2010, 04:44:38 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Paul A
1: Because I have emailed them now 5 times regarding a battery door over the past 4 months and keep getting the same response "we'll get back to you"

2: The "tone" of the email to me regarding help with a schematic.

3: The "technical" centre over here is so expensive it renders it un useable.

I NEVER had a problem that "Minelab" wouldn't help me with one way or another, they were brilliant.

None of that is grounds for a public tantrum. You could have asked for help without exploding about Tesoro and their support.

If your machine is broken, their warranty is for LIFE. If you open it and leave the tiniest mark, they'll know you tampered with it and your warranty will be void. You are creating your own future problem with Tesoro. Will you blame them if they choose not to help you under their warranty because you adjusted or tried to repair your unit?

I can understand frustration but what you asked was unreasonable. Nobody gives out schematics for their metal detectors. Show me where Minelab will do that for you.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,17259.msg111685.html#msg111685

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline Paul ATopic starter
Silver Member

Thank you7

Activity
0%

United Kingdom
Referrals: 0

4825.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2010, 02:11:01 am »
Go Up Go Down

This is what I sent!!

"Dear Sir,
I wonder if you might be able to help me.
I have a ?Laser B2? manufactured by Tesoro in about ?92.
Can you advise me if this machine should run with a faint ?threshold tone? as at the moment, although working o.k. the machine runs ?silent?.
I have noticed that in the operators manual for the Tesoro ?Bandido? model there are instructions for adjusting the threshold via a pot on the p.c.b.
Might this be the same, or similar, on the B2?
There are 2 pots on the B2 p.c.b. I wonder if you might identify them for me?
Or perhaps there may be a schematic available?
On another note, I have emailed you 5 times over the past couple of months regarding the availability of a replacement ?battery door? for the B2.
Could you kindly advise me if there is one available?
Many thanks,"

Now I DONT think anything I asked was "UNREASONABLE"!!!!!!

This is what I got back:

"Dear Sir,
Tesoro DO NOT give out schematics for any of our detectors.
You can return the machine to us for service but would have to pay postage (both directions) and a service fee.
Alternatively, you can send the machine to the service centre in your country.

Britt Smith "

How helpful was that?
Sorry, but I spent 25 years working in Customer support, so I Know when Customer Support stinks!
And yes, Minelab were INCREDIBLY helpful when the screen went dim on my Explorer 2.
They sent me a replacement component with detailed instructions of how and where, to fit it.
They also sent me a replacement battery holder free of charge!
They also responded within a day of me sending an email!

So, all in all, if someones customer support stinks.... I'll Bl"""" Well say so!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,17259.msg111764.html#msg111764

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2010, 04:16:14 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Paul, that is THEIR policy and you have to live with it. You admitted to opening the unit in your e-mail and thereby voiding the lifetime warranty. You chose your words to them very poorly since admitting guilt is not something advisable.

Badmouthing Tesoro over a personal issue like this shows you to be quite in the wrong here, not Tesoro. They, like most other manufacturers, do NOT give out schematic diagrams and if your unit had adjustments to be made, it would have been in the manual. To them, you must have sounded like a belligerent customer, not one asking for legitimate help. You are asking for things that are not normally done and when they don't do it, you throw a tantrum. Do you see that? They DO NOT normally give out such things. You got no less service than anyone else would get even from Minelab. Again, I ask you to show me Minelab coughing up schematics at your request.

To sum up the other side of this, when a customer acts like a pork chop, I'll say so.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,17259.msg111874.html#msg111874

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Silver Member

Thank you7

Activity
0%

United Kingdom

4825.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2010, 01:31:52 am »
Go Up Go Down

Oh Come on!
NOTHING in that email is "beligerent"!!
Take a look at the operators manual for the "Bandido".
They ACTUALLY tell you to remove the cover and how to adjust the detector with a "jewellers screwdriver"!
All I was asking really is which pot is which (i.e. which one is gb and which is threshold).
Read the mail I sent again mate and show me where you think I was rude or beligerent?
Would you think it was good customer relations to have emailed 5 times asking if they had a spare battery door and get no reply?
Don't think you would stand for that if it were maybe a spare part for your car or something.....
And yes, Minelab, (Ireland)were extremely helpful when they sent me replacement parts for my explorer.
They replied to my email within a few hours, sent a replacement component (free of charge),a photo of where on the circuit board it should go, talked me through opening the detector AND identifying the part, and also sent a replacement battery holder, again free of charge.
What is it??? ...... you got shares in Tesoro or something?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,17259.msg111970.html#msg111970

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2010, 04:17:00 pm »
Go Up Go Down

No shares in Tesoro, Paul, but an abiding respect for their most excellent customer service. Like it has been mentioned before, perhaps your local Tesoro office has a bad egg. That's no reason to take the entire company to task. Look through this very forum for some excellent reports about their customer service and look again at the number of complaints about Minelab. We could go on forever on this one but look at the number of people here who have supported your argument about Tesoro with examples of bad service. See any? Wonder why?

The belligerence I speak of is from your demanding tone in your posts here and your "25 years in customer support" being used as a hammer. Frustration is quite understandable. We all experience that in life but why didn't you think to go directly to Tesoro at the manufacturing plant using a different contact person when you got no satisfaction? Instead of complaining here, go directly to sales at Tesoro. They might put the fear of God into the tech support department and get you a better response. What did you hope to accomplish here? Did you really think that all the folks here would rally around you, gather up their torches and pitch forks to storm the Tesoro castle?

There's no need to tear down the reputation of a company just because you stomp your feet over a response you didn't like. Had you come here asking a simpler question like, "Has anyone else had a problem with response from Tesoro?" it would have been far less antagonistic and perhaps elicited more positive attention to your problem by members.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,17259.msg112077.html#msg112077

Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline STICKMAN
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United Kingdom

45.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

TESORO GOLDEN SABRE
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2010, 03:36:36 am »
Go Up Go Down

hi i had the same problem    from tesoro  and havent even had a reply from them. regarding what coil would fit the royal sabre as the one that came with my machine was the old seven and a half inch one, the original was 8 inches! it was not as if i was asking too much just to ask what coils are still available that would fit the royal sabre? does any one know? happy hunting brill site by the way/ stickman Hello
over here in in the uk theres a company called pentechnics that are reasonable for repairs if your machine is goosed! great help and friendly staff they know   there stuff just put there name into your search engine and give them a call they even accept paypal"  Wink

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,17259.msg113212.html#msg113212

« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 03:38:41 am by STICKMAN »
Silver Member

Thank you7

Activity
0%

United Kingdom

4825.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2010, 04:24:05 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hey Stickman,
ANY of the 5 pin connector coils will fit and work.
The newer 4 pin type won't.
Hope that helps!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,17259.msg113217.html#msg113217

Offline STICKMAN
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United Kingdom

45.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

TESORO GOLDEN SABRE
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2010, 06:14:30 am »
Go Up Go Down

hi paul thanks for your help will look into that cheers stickman!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,17259.msg113231.html#msg113231

Print
Pages:  1 2    Go Up
Jump to: