[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Armorer73Topic starter
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Japan
Referrals: 0

230.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounty Hunter Discovery 2200
« on: January 22, 2013, 05:23:37 am »
Go Up Go Down

Got a question for yaz. I just got into MDing and my wife got me a BH 2200. I have really been trying to learn about how to use it and reading everything I can find. I have noticed a lot of people talking about weak tones for items buried deeper than "normal" It seems that my MD only has one tone volume. Is that a trait inherent to more expansive models or is it an "across the board" feature?

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,45767.msg248761.html#msg248761

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 08:12:00 am »
Go Up Go Down

Try an experiment with a coin on a cardboard box. The reason for the box is to be sure the coin had no metal around it. On your floor, for example, the coin would be near nails or reinforced concrete. So, with your coin on the box, detect it. Move your coil away slowly as you sweep until you barely get a sound. That's what people are talking about. Now before you say you don't hear a fainter sound, keep doing it until you notice the difference right at the edge of where you lose the target because you are too far away. In the air, this is a very sharp delineation because of a lack of moisture. In the ground, you might get a signal over a range of 4 inches or more. In other words, a target may be up to 4 inches deeper than you think it is and the sound will be faint.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,45767.msg248772.html#msg248772

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: