[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Question:
Do you support the City of Chippewas Position or the Treasure Hunting Club's Position?  (Voting closed: January 28, 2015, 11:01:16 pm)
City - 1 (7.7%)
Club - 12 (92.3%)
Total Voters: 13

Pages:  1 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male
Referrals: 0

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2015, 01:50:56 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by ArfieBoy
Ouch!!

Yeah It's not A Very Nice Show of togetherness is it, and it is this kind of thing that allows people who we vote in to use us as a door Mat to better their own financial Gain.
As This Is A Public forum I will hold back what is on the tip of my Tongue, Because its people like you Guys that Make this Forum Worth While.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,59520.msg289973.html#msg289973

Offline nickel_n
Mod
Gold Member

Thank you357

Activity
7%
Male
Australia

6075.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows XP
Windows XP
Chrome 39.0.2171.99
Chrome 39.0.2171.99

Awards

MXT All Pro,EagleSL,Spectrum,XLT,DFX.Garrett Seahunter markII,SD2000,GT16000
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2015, 02:54:03 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by golddustcarl
We have 17,810 members. Only 3 have voted so far. Please vote. This is an anonymous poll, and it doesn't hurt to vote.  I know most of you have opinions from reading your posts on this site. Save our friends because we might need them to save us.
Dusty Carl

Dusty keep up the good work.
some time it takes time for things to start moving.
i also voted

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,59520.msg289979.html#msg289979

The Diggers Oath
We swear by the Southern Cross to stand by each other and fight to defend our rights and liberties.

Offline BitburgAggie_7377
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Platin Member

Define Treasure
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Thank you116

Activity
74%

United States

26045.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Chrome 39.0.2171.95
Chrome 39.0.2171.95

Awards

Fisher Impulse , Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett AT Max, Whites Sierra Super Trac
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2015, 03:44:41 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Yes, I'm reading it.   I was out getting sunburned in the desert yesterday.

I haven't responded because it isn't an either/or question at this point.

The city has NOT decided on a new (more restrictive policy), at least not yet.   What they have done is set a date (MARCH 10) to have a hearing so they can gather information so they can make an informed decision.   I applaud the city for:
A) reaching out to the local clubs for their input
and
B) publishing the date far enough in advance so that ALL interested parties can attend.

What generally happens is that Parks and Recreation committees tend to make these types of decisions with very little advance notice (and then published in some obscure portion of the paper).   When that happens the nay-sayers and the relatively uninformed have the weight of numbers and influence on their side.  

It doesn't have to be that way this time because the RESPONSIBLE committee is making an attempt to work with us.   Therefore we as a group should support this effort.   For those of us that live too far from Chippewa Falls to attend the meeting showing our support includes:

A) Thanking the Parks and Recreations committee for making an honest effort to involve responsible detectorists.  (If you choose to write them a letter be very courteous, respectful, and complimentary of their efforts, but let them know what you as an individual or a member of a club do to encourage and teach responsible metal detector use).  Including pictures of some the trash you pull out of your own local parks on a regular basis won't hurt.

B) Write to the local clubs and offer whatever support or written testimony they think might help them represent us.

C) If you live within a reasonable (say to 2 hour drive) of where the meeting will be held on Tuesday, March 10th, plan on attending if you can.   And if you do attend, mind your manners.  

In short, this is NOT an attack on our ability to hunt parks in Chippewa Falls or anywhere else.  It is an opportunity for us individually and collectively to show that we are willing to work with the authorities for the benefit of all.   It might very well be that some sort of regulation/structure is needed there, but if so we should make the policy making experience such that they (and other P&R committees) continue to actively reach out to us for our input rather than just focusing on what others say about us.

BA

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,59520.msg289989.html#msg289989

« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 03:45:13 pm by BitburgAggie_7377 »
Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2015, 04:28:30 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by BitburgAggie_7377
Yes, I'm reading it.   I was out getting sunburned in the desert yesterday.

I haven't responded because it isn't an either/or question at this point.

The city has NOT decided on a new (more restrictive policy), at least not yet.   What they have done is set a date (MARCH 10) to have a hearing so they can gather information so they can make an informed decision.   I applaud the city for:
A) reaching out to the local clubs for their input
and
B) publishing the date far enough in advance so that ALL interested parties can attend.

What generally happens is that Parks and Recreation committees tend to make these types of decisions with very little advance notice (and then published in some obscure portion of the paper).   When that happens the nay-sayers and the relatively uninformed have the weight of numbers and influence on their side.  

It doesn't have to be that way this time because the RESPONSIBLE committee is making an attempt to work with us.   Therefore we as a group should support this effort.   For those of us that live too far from Chippewa Falls to attend the meeting showing our support includes:

A) Thanking the Parks and Recreations committee for making an honest effort to involve responsible detectorists.  (If you choose to write them a letter be very courteous, respectful, and complimentary of their efforts, but let them know what you as an individual or a member of a club do to encourage and teach responsible metal detector use).  Including pictures of some the trash you pull out of your own local parks on a regular basis won't hurt.

B) Write to the local clubs and offer whatever support or written testimony they think might help them represent us.

C) If you live within a reasonable (say to 2 hour drive) of where the meeting will be held on Tuesday, March 10th, plan on attending if you can.   And if you do attend, mind your manners.  

In short, this is NOT an attack on our ability to hunt parks in Chippewa Falls or anywhere else.  It is an opportunity for us individually and collectively to show that we are willing to work with the authorities for the benefit of all.   It might very well be that some sort of regulation/structure is needed there, but if so we should make the policy making experience such that they (and other P&R committees) continue to actively reach out to us for our input rather than just focusing on what others say about us.

BA

Well Said BA, This is A Very rare Occasion where the Government are prepared to work with People and allow a balanced review of all Parties, This is how it should be So top Marks to them For Keeping an Open Mine,

I urge you all who have not Voted to please do so as this is A much bigger Issue and Not All Governing Bodies are prepared to listen  to all parties so we are all being given the chance to be heard, and it is better to work together.

Posted on: January 19, 2015, 03:55:18 pm
Please Note, It does not matter where in the world you live, Your Vote is just as important because we are in support of all Detectorists everywhere, So where ever you Please Vote and help this club out.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,59520.msg289997.html#msg289997

Offline ArfieBoy
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you294

Activity
3%
Male
United States

16031.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards

Compass X-70; Compass X-200; Compass Coin Scanner Pro II; Whites Coinmaster 2/DB Series 2
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2015, 07:35:12 pm »
Go Up Go Down

BA, I completely agree with everything you said.  You are obviously a deeper thinker than I am!   Great

I decided to vote, even though at this time it is not an either/or question.  I decided that it would be better for the club if they could point to more outside support to be able to place in evidence at the hearing.  Now we can only hope a decision that supports citizen's rights is made.

Like RR, I am greatly pleased that the city council is going about this the right way and allowing enough time for the parties to get there evidence in order!  It's the way our government should always work.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,59520.msg290002.html#msg290002

ArfieBoy

« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 07:35:53 pm by ArfieBoy »

Government can not give anything to anyone...  without first taking it from someone else!

Offline golddustcarlTopic starter
Silver Member

Mood:Happy
Happy

Thank you159

Activity
1%
Male
United States

7377.00 Gold
View Inventory
Linux
Linux
Chrome 28.0.1500.94
Chrome 28.0.1500.94

Awards

NOKTA SIMPLEX+,Tesoro Vaquero, VibraProbe 580, Garrett Carrot, Garrett Master Hunter ADSIII
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2015, 07:56:55 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Ditto Arfie.

Dusty Carl

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,59520.msg290003.html#msg290003

A bad day at gold prospecting or metal detecting is better than a good day at work.

GOLDDUST CARL

Offline Karl
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you211

Activity
0%
Male
United States

15290.00 Gold
View Inventory
Linux
Linux
Safari 4.0
Safari 4.0

Awards

Bounter Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 , Famous Trails MD3005 ,Cen-Tech Pin Pointer MD
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2015, 08:54:17 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Voted now where's my prize ?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,59520.msg290005.html#msg290005

"Keep Digging Its Down There Somewhere" Treasure Hunting, Gold and Coins.

Offline golddustcarlTopic starter
Silver Member

Mood:Happy
Happy

Thank you159

Activity
1%
Male
United States

7377.00 Gold
View Inventory
Linux
Linux
Chrome 28.0.1500.94
Chrome 28.0.1500.94

Awards

NOKTA SIMPLEX+,Tesoro Vaquero, VibraProbe 580, Garrett Carrot, Garrett Master Hunter ADSIII
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2015, 12:32:57 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Karl
Voted now where's my prize ?

Well Karl you now get.... (drum roll please)....to paint your thumb purple. Thank you for your vote.

I have some additional news, I received a reply to an email I sent to the past president of the detector club an am waiting to get an ok from him to post it here on the forum. Please everyone keep up the voting.

Dusty Carl

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,59520.msg290007.html#msg290007

A bad day at gold prospecting or metal detecting is better than a good day at work.

GOLDDUST CARL

Offline cache
Knight
Silver Member

NOT INGAGING IN IGNORANCE IS WISDOM
Thank you123

Activity
0%
Male
United States

4335.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 6.3
Windows NT 6.3
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards

Troy Shadow's,  X2, X2 and X3
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2015, 12:44:24 am »
Go Up Go Down

my vote is in....

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,59520.msg290008.html#msg290008

Always set your detector knobs on high dedication, higher devotion and at the highest persistence

Seconds Of Madness   Monster Munch   Military Snow  
Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2015, 12:51:26 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by ArfieBoy
BA, I completely agree with everything you said.  You are obviously a deeper thinker than I am!   Great

I decided to vote, even though at this time it is not an either/or question.  I decided that it would be better for the club if they could point to more outside support to be able to place in evidence at the hearing.  Now we can only hope a decision that supports citizen's rights is made.

Like RR, I am greatly pleased that the city council is going about this the right way and allowing enough time for the parties to get there evidence in order!  It's the way our government should always work.

It is Such A Blessing that the City has taken such an Honest and Open Stance, These People could Set The Standard that all Local Governments work to, I am Really Impressed and I hope the others follow suit because Great thing Could happen Here Not just for Detectorists But For American History, Not to mention what can be taught in our Schools.  

Posted on: January 20, 2015, 12:45:32 am
Quote:Posted by golddustcarl
Well Karl you now get.... (drum roll please)....to paint your thumb purple. Thank you for your vote.

I have some additional news, I received a reply to an email I sent to the past president of the detector club an am waiting to get an ok from him to post it here on the forum. Please everyone keep up the voting.

Dusty Carl

Well Done Dusty, I hope they don't mind because there is a lot to be Gained by this,

WTG,    RR

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,59520.msg290010.html#msg290010

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Jump to: