[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline FenixTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Australia
Referrals: 0

105.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Spectra v3
« on: July 27, 2011, 08:32:46 am »
Go Up Go Down

My experience with spectra v3,(not yet updated to v3i)
This is only my own view, after owning a Spectra V3 for more than a year and hunting in parks, beaches and casual trip to old gold field.
This detector is the only detector which give you around exceptional depth  on any ground if you give a time and patience to learn the machine. Someone  said   the detector is only god as the person which is using it. This rules  apply double. Hot rock is  trouble but in prospecting the machine can handle mild ones and black sand is sometimes trouble to but set up your machine on different program, change setting up a little or down a little and off you go. It is hard to exactly say this setting is for this and that, mainly because each different mode has own priority, but as I find out this detector have a responded well for me and when I Change setting up or down it is always telling me if it's like the setting or not. The sound is something  which will tell you ,just listening and than confirming on display will do the trick.
All the program is preset for you, so no problem if you use it as turn and go detector. But don't expect a miracles from preset modes .There are very good ,but they need to be modified for different  ground to master machine to give you a best of the best on each different ground. Display is easy and you can see what is a probably in the ground and how deep, but again ground balance is in autotrac  but you can select slightly -/+ offset , discrimination that is a mode which you have to play with to achieve the ultimate result for the machine and ground where you hunt and what you expect or want to find and reject  rest in setting. In park it is sometimes to much junk, but a push  away to High trash mode and you are in for surprise ,all junk is non existent anymore and you digging only the coins. It is a bit gamble, as you can walk over of  some  good targets as well.
I love the wireless headphones, and change to metric units is for me a treasure on its  own, as I have Europe background.
Audio sound is a song on its own as each program respond differently in all  frequencies or you can  pick only one frequency.
In Prospecting mode it will go very deep it is sometimes unbelievable how deep I have to dig, to only find a of metal, if is rusty  as in, prospecting I don't  discriminate to much, I dig everything as in gold field you never know, rusty nail and gold could be not far from each other .
I did not master the expert set up as this is a more deep setting and you can play with this as much as you like and still can restore the machine to original setting, and off you go turn and go again as new. To use a basic set up ,it will give you a beep-beep sound on many happy findings as no other detector probably could as you using a only one detector. I believe this detector is a more than metal detector it is a real threat  in someone hands ,who like the detector as I do. I don't have much experience with others detector and I know there are better detectors out there than a Spectra .But Spectra is for me a personal thing with this to say , if it was not a detector I would have said someone from Whites put a soul to it.
Fenix Detecting

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,26727.msg188282.html#msg188282

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 08:44:18 am »
Go Up Go Down

Fenix that good write up mate and at times I must admit i was worried you were gonna say something
to scare me off getting one, but all is well, bloody Ripper

AU

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,26727.msg188287.html#msg188287

Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Australia

105.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Spectra v3
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 09:37:31 am »
Go Up Go Down

Ridge runner, mate the  only one thing is probably scary, with  the detector and that is at least for me fear of run out of batteries, it use the batteries with display  and all use of gadget on detector, it is bit  alarming  rate the batteries go, so it pays to buy a extra or a car charger will help. They last around eight hours, but I find this is a bit over estimated it is more like five, if the batteries are on low the detector just stop and switch it self of. But you can buy a Nimh battery pack from whites and have a extra back up or a expensive batteries .With a head phones the batteries last a long time and as they are wireless connected to detector they use only little power. Otherwise all good, as I know and I’m happy  to use one where ever I have the opportunity to go. If you consider one it is like if you buying a car  I like Ford, Holden is better but none of those cars can compete with Ferrari.
Fenix

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,26727.msg188295.html#msg188295

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2011, 09:48:47 am »
Go Up Go Down

Yeah I know what you mean, with my 3x Whites they are awsome and they say the batteries are good for 40 hrs,
But I am doing alot better than that I took the last lot out at 57hrs and they still were'nt flat,
It's a good feeling knowing I can grab it and go, but old habbits die hard I still take a spare set with me,
I'm going to go and have a play with the V3i when I get my Tax check back so dont go into hiding coz I might
need help, LOL

AU

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,26727.msg188297.html#msg188297

Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Australia

105.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Spectra v3
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2011, 05:36:23 am »
Go Up Go Down

I'm not planing to hide,if I can help,  I've be happy to share my experience with Spectra.When you buy the detector ask for coil protector cover(skid plate),they not come normally with it and I believe distributor would be happy to trow one in for you.Good lack with tax check,I hope you use money from it on Spectra as they are V3i version ,it would be interesting to share and compare the units.I know they have extra programs and more of display on prospecting.

Fenix

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,26727.msg188418.html#msg188418

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male