[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline ViracochaTopic starter
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
Canada
Referrals: 0

1790.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

Sea Hunter II , Makro JeoTech Led
« on: May 18, 2012, 01:13:10 am »
Go Up Go Down

An interesting review I found about the old XLT:

5 pre installed ready to use programs with 10 Basic Adjustments, and 29 Pro Options. Adjust virtually every hunting aspect of your metal detector including Tone I.D., Sweep Speed, Silent Search, Fade Rate, Recovery Speed,etc.
High definition adjustable luminescent display back lit display for low light.
Automatic Ground Balance with AutoTrac.
White’s exclusive SignaGraph. What’s in the ground is on the screen.
Sweep and watch the display read out bold VDI numbers alongside target icons.

“After a day in the field with this machine, I’m impressed. Used XLTs are the 1 bargain, and better than machines twice the price. The SignaGraph target analysis is superb at identifying iron and trash but telling you when to dig. Sweeping the coil several times over a target builds up columns on the display, and you soon see if it’s worth digging if there are only one or two adjacent tall columns or part columns. It works almost perfectly.
VCO pinpointing is excellent, although depth indication is not always too accurate (but I didn’t expect it to be with the variety of target size I’m looking for). Not a problem at all. The bottom line is target analysis, and the XLT scores heavily in that area.
Well made 8AA battery compartment, and a well-balanced machine – I carry mine on my shoulder on the stem S-curve, and it stays there without me hardly touching it.
Very sensitive to extremely small targets – I was amazed. This is critically important in the UK where our ancient coins are tiny.
Lots of settings to play with, so lots of reading is required. Look at everyone’s programs and comments on the web, and find out what works for you. The XLT is a powerful user-friendly machine. With a little experience you’ll discover how to unleash its power and intelligence. Not really a beach machine.
I’ve used a number of different detectors in my time, but this is honestly the best metal detector. I’ll be looking to buy a second one in case they get scarce in the future. For the experienced user, the XLT is a must-have.”

“I spent 2 years with a fisher 1266x-a powerful, non computerized detector. After several months with the XLT, these are my impressions:
1)The four pre-set programs are good, if a little lacking in depth. It’s possible to increase sensitivity & pre-amp gain to get a bit deeper. The coin program still will only get you about 6-7 inches on a dime/sixpence. This is your limit for a trashy park.
2) very sensitive on hammered & small items-very useful for the ancient & medieval sites we have in the uk.
3) The use of mixed mode with a enhanced relic mode really shows the XLT to be a depth monster!
Silver threepence at 7 inches gives a huge signal!
This program not possible on aluminum infested parks, only quieter fields. Also the mixed mode operates like a goldmaxx, not nulling out a coin next to a nail.
In short a great detector. It will take a while to be at full speed with it, though it will be worth it.”

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36438.msg223232.html#msg223232

EarthKinEnergy.com  :We bring green ideas to Light!"

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: