[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline FaithstoliTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

85.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Whites Coinmaster 6000, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Minelab Safari
« on: April 25, 2010, 11:51:10 am »
Go Up Go Down

Welcome hello all! Glad to be a member and was hoping someone could help me out with my Whites Coinmaster 6000. I've had it for about 2-3 months now (bought it off eBay) and with doing plenty of research and finding awesome sites to search (most of them being totally unsearched).. I've only come up with a bag of current coins and 2 Indian head pennies that I found at 2-3 inches. I always make sure I ground balance before every hunt and yet still cannot get a hit lower than 3-3.5 inches.. I know I'm missing out on good finds, do I need to get a tune up?? Please help and thank you for any advice!

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,13809.msg87428.html#msg87428

-You miss out on 100% of the treasure you don't dig for-

Offline Mudflap
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you92

Activity
0%

United States

9300.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2010, 02:38:06 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Welcome. I used the 6000 some time ago and found the 6000 has a bit of a learning curve to the deeper depths. Mainly it is always using headphones and listening for the faint sharp "good sound". Sort of like you have to train your ears! Seemed like it took a few weeks of detecting to get back into the swing every spring. Good luck!
jim 

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,13809.msg87457.html#msg87457

Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

85.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2010, 06:56:54 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Thank you for the reply Jim! Now when I'm out hunting there are times when I hear the sound youre decribing, I go back to pinpoint the spot and it just disappears... Almost like a false signal.. But I'm too new with the machine to understand the difference, oh and I don't know if it makes a difference or not but I normally use GEB Disc to search. Is GEB Max worth getting use to? Thanks again for your time!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,13809.msg87515.html#msg87515

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2010, 07:28:17 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Your machine is a motion machine and has a few quirks to learn. First of all, a fast sweep will get you nice sharp returns on the surface or near surface metal objects. Slow sweeps will allow you to hear the very faint whispers of deep coins. Unless - and this is important - you have a surface target blocking the deep one. So, my advice is to turn off your discrimination, dig every object you detect and when the big, noisy ones are gone, the very faint deep ones will remain. Stop trusting the discrimination circuitry. Even in modern machines it's only a guess.

Trust me on this one. You won't regret it.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,13809.msg87521.html#msg87521

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

85.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2010, 07:46:53 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Wow I appreciate all the good replies! And thank you GD, that makes a lot of sense.. I have been always using a fast sweep and have been wondering why all my targets have been so shallow, nevermind all the passing by of targets assuming it is trash! I guess the only way to truly learn is to dig everything and become more familar with my machine! Thanks for all the help guys! I'll let you know how it turns out!! Time to re-search all over again!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,13809.msg87528.html#msg87528

Offline flashs
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

35.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

minelab sovereign Xterra 70
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2010, 10:03:08 pm »
Go Up Go Down

As a Relic hunter I found that the best way for me to hunt was in all metal, after getting a target I check it with Disc. (set up to accept everything but iron) Also, ground balance is critical to getting the best depth. It also helped me to run the threshold at a higher level than pre-set... seemed like I could hear more deeper targets that way. Another thing that helps is to be sure there is only one target under your loop at a time, try changing the direction of your swing so each target is read as a seperate hit. This system will try your patience when hunting trashy areas with lots of targets, but it always helped me pull out some good items if I went slow and listened to what the machine was trying to tell me.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,13809.msg112482.html#msg112482

Offline GooniePirate
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

225.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2010, 07:37:02 am »
Go Up Go Down

I have the 6000 Di S3
These tips make good sense. Going to get some headphones and study the tuning a lot more.

Allen

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,13809.msg123769.html#msg123769

"If we lose freedom here, there is no place to escape to. This is the last stand on Earth."   R. R.

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: