[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline wiljTopic starter
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

10.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

White's Eagle
« on: September 28, 2011, 08:49:24 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Can someone help me fix my White's Eagle which I just bought used? It worked for about five minutes my first time out, long enough to find a penny. I put it down gently to dig. About half a minute after I put it down, it started screeching and when I picked it up the screen went out and will not come back on. I tried changing the batteries (several times, and I know the batteries are good). NOTHING HAPPENS. NOTHING. No sound, no screen, nothing. I tried putting the rechargeable battery in. Again, nothing. I am bereft. I paid a lot of money for this used machine. Any ideas? Thanks for your help. Does anyone have a schematic?

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,27710.msg196567.html#msg196567

Offline Eugene52
M.D. Electronic Builders Club
Gold Member

Mood:Happy
Happy

M.D. Electronic Builders Club
Thank you397

Activity
0%
Male
United States

17957.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Teknetics , Fisher , Discovery3300 and TIANXUN 19 kHz VLF Metal Detector
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 09:55:12 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by wilj
Can someone help me fix my White's Eagle which I just bought used? It worked for about five minutes my first time out, long enough to find a penny. I put it down gently to dig. About half a minute after I put it down, it started screeching and when I picked it up the screen went out and will not come back on. I tried changing the batteries (several times, and I know the batteries are good). NOTHING HAPPENS. NOTHING. No sound, no screen, nothing. I tried putting the rechargeable battery in. Again, nothing. I am bereft. I paid a lot of money for this used machine. Any ideas? Thanks for your help. Does anyone have a schematic?

Whites Eagle are still a Great Machine even by today's standards . Schematics are posted here on our forum in the download area . Sounds like a thermal/transistor related or capacitor problem . Definitely worth fixing !!

Best Regards...........Eugene

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,27710.msg196571.html#msg196571

Let's Talk Treasure right here on Thunting.com

Offline lockman209
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

35.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

(2) Whites DFX, Whites Eagle II SL 91, Whites PRL-1, Whites DB4, Whites 2010 Coinmaster,  Whites Surfmaster II, Fisher 1212X, and Fisher 1225X
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2011, 02:38:32 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Try taking out your battery pack and reaching in with a finger and bend the contacts toward the back of the machine.  The other problem is the inside of the battery box sometimes breaks a contact and the battery box needs replaccement. I also own a Eagle II SL 91. They are a great machine.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,27710.msg201565.html#msg201565

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: