[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline farmdigger
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

2085.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2009, 09:58:31 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Capnrich,

I'm not sure where but somewhere on this forum in one of the topics theres alot of discussion about these boxes.  Take a scroll around, you'll find them.  Seems like they're fake or else not valid anymore.

Quote:Posted by Rational Observer

Oh good grief. 

Will these scams ever end?

I believe you but could you tell us a little bit on how these scams work please?

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6542.msg49657.html#msg49657

Offline Rational Observer
Silver Member

Thank you5

Activity
0%

United States

2730.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2009, 02:49:18 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by farmdigger
Capnrich,

I'm not sure where but somewhere on this forum in one of the topics theres alot of discussion about these boxes.  Take a scroll around, you'll find them.  Seems like they're fake or else not valid anymore.

I believe you but could you tell us a little bit on how these scams work please?

Like any other scam. Find gullible people and take their money.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6542.msg49701.html#msg49701

Offline gold_seeker13
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines

150.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2009, 06:40:09 am »
Go Up Go Down

guys,

i am from cebu, and im a lawyer...yes, there are lots of scams involving frn boxes, wells fargo notes among others....but i think its perfectly harmless if i tell you that yes, there are buyers for authenticated items

no buyer will buy anything without authentication, and yup i have seen quite a few fakes....and i have seen quite a few that almost got 100% authentication if only the holder did not get scared for his life......so lets, leave it that, if possible...  Hello

a fair warning however should be issued, do not give your money, simple as that...but there are those who found such items in good faith and until now do not know if what they are holding have commercial value or not hence the need for authentication...if it passes authentication, then you know what would be next, right?

-seeker-

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6542.msg49819.html#msg49819

Silver Member

Thank you5

Activity
0%

United States

2730.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2009, 06:48:44 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by gold_seeker13
guys,

i am from cebu, and im a lawyer...yes, there are lots of scams involving frn boxes, wells fargo notes among others....but i think its perfectly harmless if i tell you that yes, there are buyers for authenticated items

Authenticated items?

Throwing your profession into the mix does not validate these fraudulent bonds, note or boxes. This is the internet, anybody can be whatever they want to be. Just 'saying' you are a Lawyer does not make this scam/swindle/scheme legitimate.

Passes authentication? Good grief.

Seen quite a few fakes? They are ALL fakes

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6542.msg49824.html#msg49824

« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 06:51:22 am by Rational Observer »
Offline gold_seeker13
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines

150.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2009, 11:59:34 pm »
Go Up Go Down

rational observer,

you are free to air your opinion...you have yours, i have  mine...if  you dont believe it...then dont mind us...is that so hard to understand?

rational as you are, everybody has a right to believe on anything...is that acceptable to you? or would you rather if my countrymen and i will talk via pm's?

-seeker-

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6542.msg49916.html#msg49916

Silver Member

Thank you5

Activity
0%

United States

2730.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2009, 02:29:38 am »
Go Up Go Down

rational observer,

you are free to air your opinion...you have yours, i have  mine...if  you dont believe it...then dont mind us...is that so hard to understand?

rational as you are, everybody has a right to believe on anything...is that acceptable to you? or would you rather if my countrymen and i will talk via pm's?

-seeker-

There must be some misunderstanding. I am not offering an opinion. I am posting facts that are validated and supported. I am warning of scams, swindles and illegal activities.

You and your Countrymen have the freedom to do anything you wish behind closed doors (private messaging)...but, once these scams hit the open forum, you should be prepared to face the truth of the matter.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6542.msg49928.html#msg49928

Offline gold_seeker13
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines

150.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2009, 02:45:46 am »
Go Up Go Down

hello admin,

pls feel free to delete this topic...if its a scam, i will be the first to shoot those who will fool me...but until then, i would like to believe there is some commercial value unto it, even if its only centavos

-seeker-

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6542.msg49932.html#msg49932

Offline gold_seeker13
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines

150.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2009, 03:04:40 am »
Go Up Go Down

i believe this is better: to my countrymen and to all treasure hunters in the Phils,

fair warning is given to everyone...never deal with anything that talks about frb, frn, tov, jpmorgan notes, liberty bonds as they are all fake...specially if it comes from the Philippines...

-seeker-

p.s.  Kiss

neverthe less, if you have found bars and coins you may contact me Smiley i will not reply if you ask me about notes except if they are philippine victory notes or japanese notes

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6542.msg49937.html#msg49937

Offline Diazen
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines

25.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2009, 09:52:04 am »
Go Up Go Down

i believe this is better: to my countrymen and to all treasure hunters in the Phils,

fair warning is given to everyone...never deal with anything that talks about frb, frn, tov, jpmorgan notes, liberty bonds as they are all fake...specially if it comes from the Philippines...

-seeker-

p.s.  Kiss

neverthe less, if you have found bars and coins you may contact me Smiley i will not reply if you ask me about notes except if they are philippine victory notes or japanese notes

-seeker-

p.s.  Kiss

Hi there, back to the FRN again, I have 1 G-7 small box but when reading the previous posts, it was stated that their is a mother box and should contain 12 small boxes... Whether fake or not, does it really mean this should stored in a mother box together with the other 11 small boxes?
    Smiley Smiley Smiley

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6542.msg49982.html#msg49982

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2009, 05:38:29 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Yes, indeed. It's very hard to create fake gold bars. Alchemists have tried for centuries without success.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6542.msg50048.html#msg50048

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6   Go Up
Jump to: