[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline JanotaKing
Copper Member

Hey its me xD
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Portugal
Referrals: 0

370.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Building a SandBanks PI and the SurfMaster
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2010, 04:54:32 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I just told the best thing to do, you shouldn't try to handle old explosives, the correct thing to do is to call the cops, they will do the job, you should not bring the explosives to them. I just wanted to say that... 

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,16969.msg109047.html#msg109047

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2010, 05:26:32 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by JanotaKing
I just told the best thing to do, you shouldn't try to handle old explosives, the correct thing to do is to call the cops, they will do the job, you should not bring the explosives to them. I just wanted to say that... 

You only did that after I chastised you for being flippant. Even now, you still think your comment was acceptable when it was in very bad taste. It's all right. Your youth and inexperience excuse you.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,16969.msg109053.html#msg109053

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline BitburgAggie_7377
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Platin Member

Define Treasure
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Thank you116

Activity
73%

United States

26045.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Impulse , Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett AT Max, Whites Sierra Super Trac
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2010, 10:38:41 pm »
Go Up Go Down

It definitely does NOT look like a grenade.   Hispano did make 20 and 30 mm anti-aircraft rounds as well as other shells.   And, yes, the authorities should be called to dispose of all suspect munitions (don't try to transport or clean them yourself unless you have proper training---getting a good picture is not worth the risk.)

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,16969.msg109097.html#msg109097

Offline dtmTopic starter
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Netherlands

205.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

whites prizm 3
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2010, 01:09:19 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hey boy's, please stop arguing, I didn't mean to upset anybody, I will stop posting if you like, I'm new on the forum and I don't want to create problems. I found these things by accident, I don't aim to find them. If I do find them in a farmers field or so then the proper authorities are informed but that takes day's before they respond. The reason they wasn't informed over this is because it was in the middle of a deep forest which even I could not retrace my steps so I thought the best thing to do would be to rebury it very deep. If searches reported all ordenance to the authorities from these dark forests they would close them down, I'm sure because things like this are being found on a regular basis. I only posted because I thought somebody would find it interesting. Very sorry if I offended.
Greetings, Dave Undecided

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,16969.msg109111.html#msg109111

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2010, 03:37:57 am »
Go Up Go Down

What you did was still dangerous and irresponsible. Do not ever rebury live ordnance. Take it from an ex-military man, that is the most dangerous thing you can do with it. No matter how long it takes, call the authorities. If they close your site, too bad.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,16969.msg109123.html#msg109123

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline dtmTopic starter
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Netherlands

205.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

whites prizm 3
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2010, 05:46:16 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi GOLDdigger!,
First of all this is not my site, please read your history books before commenting, the Ardennes covers a hell of a block of Europe, thousands and thousands of square miles, how I wish it was my site!!! People come from all over the world to see this beautiful area, including America, so closing down "MY SITE" would be world news but no problem my gold digging friend, you carry on digging for gold and I'll carry on saving and remembering our history, when I say ours, I mean mine, being English fighting in Europe and yours, being American fighting in Europe. From both countrys, very brave men and they do not deserve to be forgotten. Have a nice day my friend and good look in finding somebody else's gold.
Greetings Dave

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,16969.msg109132.html#msg109132

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2010, 12:45:35 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Leaving live ordnance in the ground is irresponsible. That bears repeating. Next time, keep your very selfish act to yourself and you won't hear from me. Others here now know what kind of relic hunter you are and by your example, know what not to do when they find live ordnance.

I don't care how historic your site is. I also don't care that you believe you are somehow being noble. Leaving live ordnance in the ground is a deadly and irresponsible thing to do. You should be ashamed of yourself but you seem, instead, to be very proud.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,16969.msg109198.html#msg109198

Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline gearhart
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

35.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Firefox 86.0
Firefox 86.0

Awards
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2021, 07:47:59 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Man keeps saying this is a grenade,no way.Driving band,rifling marks,odd shape for a grenade,no size reference.Just going on memory which ain,t all that good anymore I think the only Hispano weapon in WWII was a 20MM auto cannon.Still dangerous,still notify the proper authority,but ain,t no grenade.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,16969.msg332869.html#msg332869

Print
Pages:  1 2    Go Up
Jump to: