[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline jvealawTopic starter
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Philippines
Referrals: 0

335.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

gemini 3, dowsing, garrett, nokta
« on: July 31, 2011, 07:05:02 pm »
Go Up Go Down

found by client in bohol.  he said he found 4 pieces only.  although i dont believe he found only 4, lets give him the benefit of the doubt. hehe.  the color is golden and the asphalt/tar are those black things there

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,26803.msg188972.html#msg188972

There are 3 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

u.s. dollar1.1.JPG
u.s. dollar1.JPG
u.s. dollar2.1.JPG

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2011, 07:12:25 pm »
Go Up Go Down

The 1890 Morgan dollar is very common, worth 25 to 40 bucks each. But I find the story hard to believe with out more facts Sorry

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,26803.msg188976.html#msg188976

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Philippines

335.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2011, 07:25:47 pm »
Go Up Go Down

he said he got it from a cemetery in bohol.  i wasnt there so i cant give you any factual account.

Posted on: July 31, 2011, 07:21:20 PM
it may be common in the u.s. but is it also common in the philippines?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,26803.msg188978.html#msg188978

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2011, 07:35:46 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by jvealaw
it may be common in the u.s. but is it also common in the philippines?

Of course. Remember the Spanish American War in which the Philippines gained their ultimate independence from Spain?

Look it up.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,26803.msg188980.html#msg188980

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Philippines

335.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2011, 07:42:49 pm »
Go Up Go Down

excuse my ignorance but i dont know that dollars were used in the philippines during the american times. what i know is that the u.s. made money but still in peso and centavos denomination.  not in dollars.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,26803.msg188982.html#msg188982

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2011, 07:54:52 pm »
Go Up Go Down

They used American coinage between themselves and carried it with them into battle. There's no mystery in finding a few dropped coins. I have found Philippine Pesos here in Australia on the beaches. Also, coins from Barbados, England, the United States, Canada, South Africa and lots of other countries. What does that tell you? That someone dropped a coin which was not Australian.

Look, mate, you have spent hours here trying to convince everyone who reads your posts that you have a huge amount of treasure where you are. What's the end game here? Are you really wanting everyone here to go over there and get it? Of course not. You want it for yourself but you haven't figured out how to get forum members here to help you get it.

A real, experienced treasure hunter would not be waving his arms around saying, "Look here! There's treasure here! You have to believe me because I found scratched rocks!" A real treasure hunter would go and recover the treasure as quietly as he could.

And that's the name of the game. It's the only game in town here. Do us a favor and just pay attention if you want to learn. If you are trying to teach us, join the Pinoy forum and teach all the other guys chasing fairy tales.

Posted on: August 01, 2011, 03:50:13 AM
what i know is that the u.s. made money but still in peso and centavos denomination.  not in dollars.

There were American banknotes in use overprinted with the Philippines in use as well as US coins. The immediate devaluation of Spanish coins and currency was part of rendering the Spanish helpless. There were also banknotes printed by the US Treasury just for the Philippines. Again, that was to make Spanish currency illegal so they couldn't buy ammunition or food. A military tactic for certain.

Please Register or Login

http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&safe=off&biw=1525&bih=650&gbv=2&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=spanish+american+war+banknotes+philippines&oq=spanish+american+war+banknotes+philippines&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=16960l21224l0l21626l14l14l0l13l0l0l337l337l3-1l1l0

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,26803.msg188985.html#msg188985

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Philippines

335.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2011, 08:05:49 pm »
Go Up Go Down

please dont misunderstand me.  i am not claiming to have gotten some treasures.  never did and never will.  i just want to share some pics of what other people have found.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,26803.msg188986.html#msg188986

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2011, 08:12:59 pm »
Go Up Go Down

please dont misunderstand me.  i am not claiming to have gotten some treasures.  never did and never will.  i just want to share some pics of what other people have found.

Then verify your sources. Sometimes those other people exaggerate or tell tall tales. Don't just post these unverified stories. In the case of these coins, the discovery is not hard to understand. Some of your other posts where you tell people to search with GPR and they will find treasure are just nothing but wishful thinking. If you really understood how GPR works, you'd know it is next to useless in the Philippines due to the density of roots and vegetation. Your terrain is also too hilly to make GPR workable.

There is no magic scanner. There is a human brain which will do far better if you focus it on the possible leads to treasure instead of focusing on the rumors and fairy tales told by old people who just want to see you suck the air out of a room. I call it the "gasp factor." They want you to gasp and hold them in reverence for their wisdom. They're laughing at you, mate. Always question unverifiable sources like stories told by the oldies. Yes, listen to them, but do some research and verify them before you believe in them.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,26803.msg188989.html#msg188989

Let's Talk Treasure!

Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Philippines

335.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2011, 08:18:01 pm »
Go Up Go Down

any yamashita treasure hunter will tell you that tar/asphalt is a sign of a big hoard.  the coin had asphalt/tar as shown in the picture. that's the reason why i think this way.  any dollar coin is rare in the philippines.  any peso or centavo is rare in any other country other than the philippines.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,26803.msg188991.html#msg188991

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2011, 08:57:45 pm »
Go Up Go Down

any yamashita treasure hunter will tell you that tar/asphalt is a sign of a big hoard.  the coin had asphalt/tar as shown in the picture. that's the reason why i think this way.  any dollar coin is rare in the philippines.  any peso or centavo is rare in any other country other than the philippines.

This post makes no sense at all. First off am pretty sure uncle Yammy did not have or hide a cache of 1890 silver dollars., so at best it is Spanish cache so that leaves the  tar/asphalt theory out. Now the  tar/asphalt theory is nonsense in itself will y'all ever get tired of making crap up?
I agree with GD all you have said here is get a GPR get a scanner your site is positive. I don't think you know what you are talking about, so until you are willing to include facts and a little reasoning with your post I am asking you to keep ypur commits to yourself.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,26803.msg188993.html#msg188993

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Print
Pages:  1 2 3   Go Up
Jump to: