[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline sayanganTopic starter
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines
Referrals: 0

320.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2009, 04:41:25 am »
Go Up Go Down

slider,boy scout, ....pasensya ta maki ususarak iti laptop, thats why its not that easy for me to reply.... awanak dita. i'm here in the middle east, thats why every vacation sakto makagaraw..... maybe next year i will go home for good.  The group of treasure hunters of old use to meet at dagohoy st. the last time i go there they're not there, according to 'lily' they become inactive, its not easy to climb/hike the mountain karkaro no adda rayumam, one time i hang out in malcolm square many old folks of baguio sitting conversing all kinds of topics and i did not hear a single word about treasure.... naumadansan he he, i hope you documented the places you know so it will not be forgotten,they're waiting to be taken out.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2687.msg21579.html#msg21579

Offline Bavaria Mike
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Germany

886.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

White's XLT, Fisher CZ7A, Garrett MH5
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2009, 06:22:56 am »
Go Up Go Down

Interesting post!  Good luck and be careful.  HH, Mike

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2687.msg21581.html#msg21581

Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines

320.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2009, 02:29:46 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Thanks for the concern Mr. Mike, the last time i ask my partner to visit the place, he reported that theres a little erosion inside the tunnel. Well, its but natural since its been raining the past months, you may not ask, the place is a little bit far from the city where we live more or less 54 kilometers and about one hour hike from the main highway, the hardship of reopening a closed tunnel doesn't dismay us, our desire to know what was hidden by a small detachment of japanese soldiers who was stationed here during WW2 is one of the driving force to let us go back again this summer, for who knows some of the so called yamasita treasure is there waiting to be recovered. Again thanks.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2687.msg25574.html#msg25574

Offline Cornelius
Silver Member

marching to the beat of a different drummer
Thank you33

Activity
0%

Netherlands

4895.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2009, 03:34:54 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Any gold collected by the Japanese army may / was   shipped to Manila for trans-shipping to Japan . These amounts of gold came from areas under the controll of the Japanese army . Most of the gold was shipped directly to Japan . The gold that was conviscated by the Japanese while occupying the Philipines was gathered in Manila for shipment to Japan . What makes you guys think that there were tons and tons of gold just laying around somewhere ?  Most of the gold that could not be moved by the Americans before they were swamped by Japanese troops was hidden . This gold was picked up by Marcus when he came into power . The gold that came into the hands of the Americans was dumped in Manila bay to be picked up after the war . Some of these bars are still on the bottom of Manila Bay . So if you are chasing gold , which gold do you have in mind ? Any gold controlled by a group of renegate Japanese ? Com'on you are smarter than that !  While they were winning the war there was no reason for digging holes and fill them with gold . When they were loosing the war there were no Japanese going 10 feet in to the jungle because they would have their  heads  chopped off by the natives . And even if they did , do you think the natives are stupid and not uncover what these Japanese just covered -up . And than another thing . Even if they covered up some gold , how many persons knew about  it ? They all had to kick the bucket because otherwise at least one would come back to look for the gold .  I am giving you all an A for your adventurous moods , but no  , I don't believe in any of these stories . Cornelius

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2687.msg25585.html#msg25585

Offline aquanut
Bronze Member

I have 18x24 signed Giclee Stretched Canvas prints are available for $200 each. The entire set will go for $700. This is the demise of the 1715 Spanish Plate (silver) Fleet in a Hurricane and has been two years in the making. I hope you like it. This didn
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

800.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Impulse, Tesoro Tiger Shark
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2009, 07:16:03 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Cornelius, I couldn't agree with you more! I really can't imagine how this BS even got off the ground.
Aquanut

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2687.msg25609.html#msg25609

Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines

320.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2009, 10:53:51 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Mr.Cornelius ask me which do i have in mind, of course not the tons of tons you are talking about. I'm not capable of that nor do have the logistic to try to recover those big ones if ever since Mr. cornelius said was shipped out directly to Japan. I'm after the small ones hidden by the individuals or a group of Japanese soldiers while retreating to their last stand before they surrendered. I'm not convincing anybody to believe the existence of this yamashita treasure its up to the individuals, i joined these forum to learn from the experiences of others.....and i think that is the essence of what we called treasure hunting and feel the excitement. And talking about natives? i'm one of them a full blooded Igorot of the Cordillera's.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2687.msg25620.html#msg25620

Offline Cornelius
Silver Member

Thank you33

Activity
0%

Netherlands

4895.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2009, 04:45:38 am »
Go Up Go Down

Where did these individual  , or small groups of Japanese get this gold from . It was strictly against the law for Japanese soldiers to hold on the captured gold . Was this gold that the natives had ? If so it also was turned over to the  Kempe-Tai . Any change from this was punishable by death . So even if a few soldiers had a few loose coins in their pocket thay had to turn them over to be used by the Emperor . Now ,,,,, if you want to look all over the Philipines for these few coins  , .....be my guest . You , being a native does not change anything in this story . My frank opinion is that you are using the believes of foreigners to make some money .  More power to you but don't think everybody can be suckered into this adventure . How much gold do you have discovered sofar ? Your tru answer would be ....nothing .   Still there is no hard feeling toward you . Just want to let you know that some of us are on to you .    Cornelius

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2687.msg25633.html#msg25633

Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines

320.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2009, 04:49:47 am »
Go Up Go Down

The "Closed Tunnel" is not about solliciting money to anybody.Its for the treasure hunting community to the undegreed archaelogist as describe by the university of treasure hunting ,to share their opinion, the meaning of the mark and symbols being confronted by the individual hunters in the field. Its not just grabbing your metal detector and go the desert or beach, its more than that. You have to be physically sound in body and mind.Many have given their lives and wealth in pursuit  of the 'treasure' up to the extent that nobody believe about this treasure any more.Even here in this part of the world they have the same attitude with regard to the yamashita treasure.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2687.msg25753.html#msg25753

Offline stonebreaker
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

805.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

sears tr descriminator,Whites Coinmaster, Harbor freight 9 function
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2009, 03:41:10 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Cornelius   

" My frank opinion is that you are using the believes of foreigners to make some money .  More power to you but don't think everybody can be suckered into this adventure "

I've read over his post and see nowhere where he asks for anything more than information?
or did I miss something?
Stonebreaker

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2687.msg25792.html#msg25792

"Become one with a rock.
Only then are you truly down to earth"
Stonebreaker aka Dusty

Offline Cornelius
Silver Member

Thank you33

Activity
0%

Netherlands

4895.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2009, 03:48:32 pm »
Go Up Go Down

After 25 years in  South East India  I know better . But you are entiteled to your opinion . No hard feelings . Don't mind an old man that has seen it all and been there .  Lets forget about this subject . I have warned against pittfals that is all I can do .  Regards  Cornelius

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2687.msg25798.html#msg25798

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4   Go Up
Jump to: