[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2010, 07:55:42 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by leocondino
hello,its that true that a japanese gold buried in philippines has change color or to a rock?
hello,its that true that a Japanese gold buried in Philippines has change color or to a rock?

Yes Yes it can plus I read that 5 pounds of gold in the Philippines only weighs 3.2 pound after you cross the border by plane or 3.6 pounds if you leave by boat so if at all possible use a boat to leave the area

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10726.msg112985.html#msg112985

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2010, 05:32:56 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by seldom
Yes Yes it can plus I read that 5 pounds of gold in the Philippines only weighs 3.2 pound after you cross the border by plane or 3.6 pounds if you leave by boat so if at all possible use a boat to leave the area

You can put it into a dehydrator and the powder weighs mere ounces. You can cross dress and pack it into your brassiere. Just like Jack Lemmon.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10726.msg113389.html#msg113389

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2010, 08:25:35 am »
Go Up Go Down

a dehydrator and the powder weighs mere ounces.

Dude you the man

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10726.msg113397.html#msg113397

Offline ricardo
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Turks and Caicos Islands

100.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

PMR
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2010, 04:32:13 am »
Go Up Go Down

buddies,
do you have idea/comments about PPL treasure finder of fitzgerald? share some info.
thanks,
Ricardo

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10726.msg114713.html#msg114713

Offline Crown of Siam
Copper Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%

Philippines

95.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

LONG RANGE LOCATOR
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2010, 07:54:49 am »
Go Up Go Down

The information you forwarded is true to a certain extent.  But I totally disagree with your that military men should be involved in this activity or even the government itself.  Doing so is just tantamount to having the devil himself a partner in the operation.  Have you ever forgotten what happened to the treasure hunter Roxas who found the famous Golden Buddha? It was the military than confiscated all he found and turned over the find to the Marcos Government.  His golden buddha was switched and he died a penniless and desolate man.

Consider the following scenario;

1.0  When there is a successful find, there are no guarantees that this uniformed men will not kill you to get the treasure for themselves.  I have been in this hobby for the good 20 years and have heard verified and sad stories about hunters with legitimate finds being robbed by military and the police and more often than not killed. 
2.0  The government procedure in the sharing may be considered, but the procedure of sharing will give you 99.9999% disadvantaged. Why? Because the procedure is that the government will first get all the find in the guise of doing the  "inventory" and "accounting before the sharing.  With our very very corrupt officialsand thieves in the high places, what are the the  chances of the finder getting his share?  chances are he and his family will be in danger of being killed.  If they can steal the people's money which is supposedly subject under audit by the COA, what will prevent them from stealing a treasure that has not been accounted?

We have a dangerous and very corrupt government that will not allow this kind of transaction.  And the sad reality is--these thieves in the high places are despicably referred to as "HONORABLE".

For the real treasure hunters it would be best to keep all operation highly confidential and if there is a find, plan for ways to dispose of this so as not to arouse suspicion. You will be safe and can help yourself, your family and many other people rather than declaring it to the government.

Your intentions are noble, but it is unfortunate that it is not a reality

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10726.msg116038.html#msg116038

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2010, 08:31:44 am »
Go Up Go Down

I have been in this hobby for the good 20 years

That statement alone make it hard for me to take you serious. The so called treasure hunters of the Philippines make it a point to go to internet forums and advertise their finds, and ask the same questions over and over is that's a sign is this a maker did General Yammy pee on that rock?  The first secret or treasure hunting is keeping your mouth shut and your info close to the vest.
What little Yammy treasure there is left in the Philippines is being taken out on daily  by several Japaneses groups and more power to them.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10726.msg116052.html#msg116052

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2010, 03:18:31 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Seldom, to be honest we do have a lot of discussions on other lost treasure but nothing compares to the rumor and innuendo surrounding the WWII treasures alleged to be hidden in the Philippines. The real issue is the depth of poverty there. People are absolutely desperate to find a way to financial stability and will believe in that treasure even after the last bit of it is gone.

What I don't get is the fantasizing in the form of pretending or imagining that something is a sign of some kind when it is clearly just a natural grouping of items. I also have a hard time trying to understand why they see what they consider a sign and they MOVE it! For heaven's sake, mate, that's the LAST thing you want to do to a treasure sign. Cover it up, bury it, hide it but for goodness sake, leave it where it is! It does no good at all setting on your fireplace mantel unless you have recovered the treasure. Then, it is a really nice conversation piece when you share a nice Brandy with a friend. As long as Brandy doesn't mind being shared, that is.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10726.msg116239.html#msg116239

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2010, 05:20:11 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Well GD its a mute point really as we all know that the Japaneses did not leave  signs on every rock in the county. I have yet to see one true sign from there.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10726.msg116261.html#msg116261

Offline tagacanlumpit
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines

100.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

I do not own or have use one yet.
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2010, 07:39:40 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Greetings of Peace!

How do we get a license for treasure hunting and what are the requirements for THAPI membership?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10726.msg116292.html#msg116292

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2010, 03:45:40 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by seldom
Well GD its a mute point really as we all know that the Japaneses did not leave  signs on every rock in the county. I have yet to see one true sign from there.

I found a genuine, verified Japanese sign. See attached.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10726.msg117918.html#msg117918

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

527px-japanese_stop_sign_svg.jpg

Let's Talk Treasure!

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14   Go Up
Jump to: