[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline goldnboy
Silver Member

Thank you3

Activity
0%

Australia
Referrals: 0

6165.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

gold stinger
« Reply #60 on: August 02, 2011, 12:34:41 am »
Go Up Go Down

O dear , It looks like some people who have been on this site for a while are breaking the rules. I didnt think name calling was the done thing, threats also?

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10726.msg189246.html#msg189246

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #61 on: August 02, 2011, 08:33:44 am »
Go Up Go Down

I have just about had it with Goldenboy questioning everything a mod does. For a guy that is clueless on what is going on he sure seem to feel the need to tell people what to do.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10726.msg189264.html#msg189264

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #62 on: August 02, 2011, 06:43:24 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Wow!   Who Poked him in the Eye?

Grin

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10726.msg189341.html#msg189341

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

ATT00017.jpg

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #63 on: August 03, 2011, 05:01:11 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by goldnboy
I didnt think

Clearly you have not. Perhaps you should kind of back off for a while, mate. I know you like this site but there is a lot more going on here than you know.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10726.msg189389.html#msg189389

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline goldnboy
Silver Member

Thank you3

Activity
0%

Australia

6165.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

gold stinger
« Reply #64 on: August 03, 2011, 05:38:41 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by GoldDigger1950
And yes! I have seen genuine markers in the Philippines, it's important to know how to read them.

Sorry. The joke forum is over there ====>

Could this be what set of Diggin dog ?

Posted on: August 03, 2011, 05:29:02 AM
didnt think name calling was the done thing, threats also?
(

Gd Send me a pm & let me know what you think is going on.

I like to call it as I se it. Im not here to try and cause trouble or insult other members  Cool

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10726.msg189395.html#msg189395

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #65 on: August 03, 2011, 05:53:09 am »
Go Up Go Down

Goldnboy, it's simple. There are those who think that moderators believe they are special when in fact we do not. We believe we have as much right to enjoy these forums as anyone else does but according to some, we are supposed to let anything they say or write go unchallenged even when it is patently wrong. When we disagree with someone, we are being bullies. When they disagree with us, they are standing up for their right to free speech. When we save someone from being scammed, you never really even know about it because we don't come here and thump our chests bragging about how we did this or that.

The truth is, moderators do most of our work away from your eyes. Not because you are not allowed to see what we do but we don't want to make your experience here anything but positive. Some of our discussions on a private moderator forum would upset others. Not because we plot against people but because we discover so many nasty folks trying to scam people like yourself.

We do our best to stop you, the general user, from being duped into doing things that will cost you money that you can ill afford to lose. Because we are in a variety of time zones, there's nearly always a moderator here watching over things. I regularly delete posts from spam bots that are trying to flog everything from sex toys to time shares to land deals. You don't see them because we moderators remove them or send them to the moderator's forum to discuss what to do about them.

No matter how hard we work to keep this forum working in an enjoyable fashion, there is always, and I do mean always, someone who comes along and tries to blame their miserable existence on someone else. And guess what? The moderators on any forum are easy targets.

Forget all that for a moment and try to realize that as moderators, we do one job. As contributors here we do another but that one also happens to be where we kind of expect to enjoy ourselves. There are those who simply look under our user name, over our avatar and see we are moderators. To them, it means that it's all right to be nasty or mean.

We do it all for the big paycheck. Don't you know?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10726.msg189397.html#msg189397

« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 05:55:55 am by GoldDigger1950 »

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline goldnboy
Silver Member

Thank you3

Activity
0%

Australia

6165.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

gold stinger
« Reply #66 on: August 03, 2011, 06:18:06 am »
Go Up Go Down

Ok Mate,  just think you could have replyed to Diggin Dog in a differnt manner.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10726.msg189398.html#msg189398

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #67 on: August 03, 2011, 09:02:13 am »
Go Up Go Down

GnB, There is no glory in being a moderator because what ever you say is wrong,
Look at digger dogs post here, We arn't to say someones wrong or that something is'nt right
because we get that kind of filth, and then another member sticks his head up and we have to
be nice and helpful and carry on as if nothing happend.
You thought you were helping and look now he's no longer commenting and your left to carry the can
because you thought you were doing the right thing, We are all members here and we were before we
became Moderators and on every forum it is the same.
We do this thing because we think the forum (members) are worth it so just remember there are two
sides to every coin and read between the lines and you will get more out of this place,
How would you react if he said that to you in a Bar but there again if he was in a bar he would'nt dare say it.
remember this empty Vessels make the biggest noise,
Its good that you tried to do something honerable but it is a pitty it was wasted on such a person

AU

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10726.msg189415.html#msg189415

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #68 on: August 03, 2011, 09:45:29 am »
Go Up Go Down

First off diggin dog is a reincarnation of a person Christian ban several months back because he is a troll.

And yes! I have seen genuine markers in the Philippines, it's important to know how to read them.

After he made this statement GD did the right thing knowing the thread was about to turn bad. By adding a little humor he defused it. If GB had not decided to get involved the thread would have faded away.
Its getting old with the mod's getting blamed for everything that folks don't like, are getting put down for large post counts. Go look at the stats and less the 25% of our counts have to do with moderating most are helping new folks get info or on threads that we are interested in plus most of us have been here for years and our daily post count is a lot lower the many. 

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10726.msg189419.html#msg189419

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #69 on: August 03, 2011, 12:30:45 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Ok Mate,  just think you could have replyed to Diggin Dog in a differnt manner.

And you should have replied to me in a different manner. But you didn't. You chose to take me on. I've been very tolerant of this kind of abuse from members here since long before I became a moderator. In any field, there are those who have experience and speak or write from that experience. Then there are those who don't have the experience, want it and are too impatient to get it by trial and error. If a statement is made, they are right there to tear it apart. Digging Dog was the return of a bad character here who put on a different avatar and name hoping we wouldn't know him or remember him.

Now just for the record, if you want to question a moderator's actions again in the future, you would be better doing it by PM than doing it here. Whether you like it or not, you have gone from being a keen treasure hunter to a user now known to the moderators as a trouble maker. You have even graduated to a topic under discussion now in the moderator forum. That's not meant to frighten you. You were an "also-mentioned" in a discussion about another topic. But, if you really want to know, you are on the cusp of being considered a trouble maker. You have suggested that I treat members differently. Now, I suggest you treat moderators differently.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10726.msg189454.html#msg189454

Let's Talk Treasure!

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14   Go Up
Jump to: