[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline zues10Topic starter
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines
Referrals: 0

265.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« on: February 18, 2012, 05:44:01 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello All,U
   I am sorry for the loss of 2 of our fellow treasure hunters in Ilocos Sur, Luzon this past week. The two were digging a very deep hole in what appeared as mostly dirt by news photos. The Manager of dig site said there was an earthquake and the tunnel collapsed on the diggers burying them.
   Well, Let me tell you......There are BOMBS with many of these treasures and if not dug correctly CAN and WILL go off causing a collapse in tunnel and usually the gold vault is broken and gold falls into deep underwater cracks or holes where gold bars in mud run away probably never to be recovered. If recovered it is deep underwater excavation getting a few at a time.

The signs for bomb are as follows....one guy tried to say the meaning of XO......it means BOMB over Gold Vault  OR Bomb next to tunnel..... XX means bomb over vault dig dry follow path. XY or fish means dig underwater where XY has bomb. U means detonator wires around tunnels, Has bomb. Lightning bolt means has bomb and POINTS at bomb box.....remember.....these guys were NO slouches and were special forces military, experts in masonry AND Bombs! They built improvised explosives mostly or custom built so even if you are using high tech detectors you most times WON'T see a steel bomb......they built them however they wished and strung braided copper wires inside cement tubes filled with white powder for lubricant and put those even underwater.....still dry. I KNOW because i have cut one and lived to talk about it. They also have self igniting gas tubes that lead to the bomb predetonator box. I have opened many of those and they do work although gas is severely exposed so chance of them making detonation today is slight, but don't push your luck. They also used manufactured flint with gunpowder tubes for detonators that are like a gamble, but they can work. Word of warning, be VERY CAUTIOUS about these bombs. Even though they are WW2 the can work and still do as we have seen with the recent tragedy.
   I feel sorry for them and their families and my condolences are with them.
   Goodl luck to anyone like me that continues digging and God Bless. Be careful and happy digging.
                   Zues

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,35140.msg213570.html#msg213570

Offline ram
Silver Member

Thank you148

Activity
0%

Portugal

5270.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 09:19:04 pm »
Go Up Go Down

hehehehe...maybe if the gold is buried in this days..

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,35140.msg214438.html#msg214438

Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines

265.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2012, 05:04:49 am »
Go Up Go Down

Also asterisk and flower mean bomb. Bombs have many kind of detonators and some still work, so be careful. All areas I know about have bombs. I have dug past many only to be defeated at depth underwater with another bomb. Take care, zues

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,35140.msg215217.html#msg215217

Offline Christian
Administrator
Platin Member

Wuf! Wuf!
Thank you56

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2012, 07:48:40 am »
Go Up Go Down

There are no bombs with Yamashita gold. This is just an unproven legend. You can of course find granades nailed to the upside of boxes but that's it.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,35140.msg215237.html#msg215237

THunting.com - Your Friendly One Stop Treasure Resource

Offline el piloto
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

20.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2012, 06:40:01 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I do agree with you.Bombs are set up by the japs.But,so far,in my experience, in a 70 feet tunnel starting from a dry river ,7 skeletons were found at 15 feet from the entrance,then an explosive 30 feet farther ,and a deposit 25 feet further  ,on the right side of the main  tunnel,about 7 feet in a secondary small tunnel,which could be easily missed.South Luzon in the 1990 s.A 6 feet long copper wire preceded the explosive.the wire was attached to a long rope and pulled from outside the tunnel.Nothing happened,and the digging continued,the explosive was made of a container with a big amount of gun powder.The detonator was a (rusty) tank mine.( for info,this digging was unfortunately not mine ,and although helpful  in the location of the tunnel,I was left not richer than when I joined the group.I am still alive and happy!)

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,35140.msg228709.html#msg228709

Offline blackveil
Copper Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
Philippines

255.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

ds
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2012, 07:29:20 pm »
Go Up Go Down

hello...

we encounter a treasure before...when we dig we encounter a  sign "U" in digging ...is that a bomb?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,35140.msg228711.html#msg228711

Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines

265.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2012, 07:59:40 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Yes, U means wires around tunnel. Read what el piloto wrote above. Sounds real accurate. They used gunpowder for most their bombs so many don't go off. I have opened at least one three kinds of detonators and still alive thanks to God and the fact they are real old detonators. The style of U means braided copper wires next to true tunnel. They pour cement, cut lines with acid, laid layers like an umbrella of these wires. They look like roots to an unwary eye. They are about 12 strands of fine braided copper wire then degraded in acid to turn black and break easily. They put white lime powder for lubricant in tubes which are just holes in cement. They run about 6 inches to sides of tunnels. Tunnels are generally 28 inch by 20 inch ovals. Poisons are at near sides and bomb tubes and wires after that. I say bomb tubes and wires because they also use flint cement with gunpowder holes which I just lit one last week for first time by accident. I knew of them, but some poorly designed while others like one opened start. They have flint with holes and chisel will follow holes and friction sparks of the gunpowder. The one I started sounded like sparkler crackling, but thank God went out in 2 or 3 seconds. They also have a self-igniting rocket gas that are just tubes and when broken open and exposed to air, they automatically ignite and run to gunpowder or TNT cement box. All are fabricated, made of cement, in cement etc using bronze firing pins for running copper wires and gas bulbs that are suppose to explode into box. Gas tubes are a thin shell like cement or porcelain pipes like old British smoking pipes. They will usually tell you where bomb is located and where wires run, but not necessarily where tubes are. They are places wires don't run because wires run gentle curves past tunnels and tubes can completely encircle other sides. I am used to digging past them, but when I first started I opened many tubes etc not knowing. I heard the loud 'whoop' noises and quickly figured out they were self igniting gas tubes and no smoke or fire visible, only sounds. Markings are lightning bolt for those as well. Bombs mostly are in bad shape, but for me I don't push my luck and inside bomb areas of tunnel (about 9 to 12ft) I am VERY cautious now and mostly don't open a one anymore. Stay within the 28 by 20 oval they allow, expanding only when I am sure of sides and taking only poison area an inch of 2 more to stay clear of detonators. Sometimes they are closer like my recent flint experience. It was marked believe it or not with a balete root that formed into markers of arrow and lightning bolt. Believe it or not, I have seen many and they use roots to mark where tunnel does not go, as markers forming code and booby traps. Inside of official tunnel, there are NO roots, but at sides inside of cement where there is no water even, there are roots to mark warning of wires and they look like wires. I saw wire I cut run into hole or I would have never discovered the other side was wire that didn't run. Good luck, God bless and be careful.    Zues

Posted on: August 05, 2012, 07:57:48 PM
Also, J means bomb wire next to sharp turn in tunnel and if continued straight you will cut. Be careful for J markers. Some can be ugly cement markers in holes at exact sides of tunnels and they are warning for upcoming turn.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,35140.msg229929.html#msg229929

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: