[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.

Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 20   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Cornelius
Silver Member

marching to the beat of a different drummer
Thank you33

Activity
0%

Netherlands
Referrals: 0

4895.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2009, 04:52:48 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hey Tony , you old pirate , glad to have you on board . I fully could read between the lines when you mentioned the artifacts for sale from the Flor do Mar .  I see that you have met with Pascal . The area East of Banka   , Belitung is rich in wrecks . You have to have the right maps to start in this area though .  I am still investigating the resting place of the Flor do Mar . Needless to say that my strong contacts in the area are of great benefit  to me . The Flor do Mar will be found by research .  The names given in the leterature are of great importance to all of us researchers . My personal friends in the area are of great help to me .  The  ( in name only ) king of Natal is my friend  and through him I am in contact with a lot of the old rulers of the region in North Sumatra . They still have old documents written in Arabic that I can use . Well anyhow welcome to the forum .  Regards   Cornelius

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,5194.msg33501.html#msg33501

Offline Christian
Administrator
Platin Member

Wuf! Wuf!
Thank you56

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2009, 06:46:05 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Welcome aboard Tony! I am also very happy to have you hear and hope that you will share some of your vast expirience with us.

I have just deleted the member's account and postings where he was offering his gold buying service. As Tony pointed out it is just a scam. No need for such a scam to be posted here.

Best wishes,

Christian

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,5194.msg33513.html#msg33513

THunting.com - Your Friendly One Stop Treasure Resource

Offline TonyWells
Copper Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

460.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

U/W Metal Detectors
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2009, 08:35:51 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Cornelius and Christian,

Good to hear from you both. Yes, Cornelius, I'm sure you know exactly who I'm talking about regarding the bogus Flor do Mar artifact sales. Its ashamed that a guy of his calibur could result to such a shameful act. No I didn't actually meet Pascal in Jakarta yet. We only communicated through emails so far. Good luck with whatever projects you're doing in Indonesia now.

Christian, thanks for letting me know that my email box was full quota. I didn't even realize it and have emptied it now so its OK now. Will email you soon.

I don't know what else to say about those Filipinos looking for buyers of 'Yamashita's Gold'. Well, one thing is for sure is that this 'sucker' here won't entertain them anymore cause I've already learned my lesson about all that crap.

Cheers to you all.
Tony

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,5194.msg33533.html#msg33533

Offline cap miwa
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%

Japan

830.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2009, 08:55:33 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi TonyWells... too bad you've met the wrong people. you might have entered the deal alone without checking their backgrounds. you should have at least a Filipino guy with you on your side. These kind of people you met are small syndicates victimizing everyone even fellow Filipinos. Last year, one of these groups have been caught in Baguio. I also had one leader arrested when tried to mess and set us up. He is now busy with the court. We are eyeing on another group who again are posting as sellers. We found them out as another small syndicate. i'm not a cop but these people are putting us to shame and destroying the dignity and integrity of other filipinos and we need to act. If there will ever be next time, let us know about the group you are dealing with so we could help you check it out. Pay attention to their enticing but contradicting talks... you can figure it out.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,5194.msg33534.html#msg33534

Offline cap miwa
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%

Japan

830.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2009, 09:03:58 pm »
Go Up Go Down

evidence of our WW2 recoveries...check this out... inside one of the old japanese tunnels

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,5194.msg33535.html#msg33535

There are 2 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

27012009(023).jpg
27012009(047).jpg

Offline TonyWells
Copper Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

460.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

U/W Metal Detectors
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2009, 09:50:07 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by cap miwa
Hi TonyWells... too bad you've met the wrong people. you might have entered the deal alone without checking their backgrounds. you should have at least a Filipino guy with you on your side. These kind of people you met are small syndicates victimizing everyone even fellow Filipinos. Last year, one of these groups have been caught in Baguio. I also had one leader arrested when tried to mess and set us up. He is now busy with the court. We are eyeing on another group who again are posting as sellers. We found them out as another small syndicate. i'm not a cop but these people are putting us to shame and destroying the dignity and integrity of other filipinos and we need to act. If there will ever be next time, let us know about the group you are dealing with so we could help you check it out. Pay attention to their enticing but contradicting talks... you can figure it out.

Yes, I met the wrong people all right. I met many wrong people there. Is there any 'right' people there? Well, I guess there are some right people cause I ended up marrying one and brought her back to the States with me. haha...

I had one of my Filipino friends there with me at the time I got robbed at gunpoint in the Legend Hotel. No, I won't be involved with any of that nonsense anymore cause, like you said, there's too many syndicates there looking to rob and cheat people (even fellow Filipino's).

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,5194.msg33542.html#msg33542

Offline TonyWells
Copper Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

460.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

U/W Metal Detectors
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2009, 09:55:11 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by cap miwa
evidence of our WW2 recoveries...check this out... inside one of the old japanese tunnels

The Japanese were there in the Philippines for over four years. Many of those years were spent digging fortifications and tunnels preparing for the inevitable US invasions. Of course when the war ended so quickly, they left lots of junk behind (as seen in your photo of the old gas masks). I didn't see any gold bars in your photos there so why you're showing us a photo of a bunch of old gas masks? Are we supposed to get excited about that trash?

I can't even tell what that the heck that other photo is supposed to be so can you please explain that one to us?

Cheers,
Tony

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,5194.msg33543.html#msg33543

Offline cap miwa
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%

Japan

830.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2009, 10:25:04 pm »
Go Up Go Down

So you always attracted the wrong people  Grin Grin until you ended up the right treasure and married her... well perhaps you already know, not everyone here is bad. There are bad people everywhere... even here in this forum  Grin Grin Grin but of course there are many also who are good... we'll see when the end comes  Pray

Trash? not to everyone, others (of different nationalities) got interested in the gasmask and wanted to have it placed in a museum. Still, its PART of the recovery and nope, i can't show you everything. That other photo was a japanese tunnel, that photo is one of the access at the same time an exhaust, this is connected to two other access; entrance/exit, safely preserved. Here's one of the other access.

Don't think what i'm showing for other things, i'm not soliciting. i'm just sharing my experience to this forum, nothing more. 

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,5194.msg33545.html#msg33545

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

27012009(029).jpg

Offline boylara
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Philippines

635.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Deep max lorenz, 2 box, TM, L rod, Y rod
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2009, 10:42:33 pm »
Go Up Go Down

hi tony Wells, are you the original one? author of the Sunken Treasures???hmmmmmm. What happened now? where are the gold bars that you and your group recovered....hahahahaha.... Regards you from your friend Mr. Pobre..

Buried WWII Treasures in the Philippines     

This is a sample article from the discontinued journal "Treasure Quest Magazine". Rare unused & non-circulated back issues of this magazine can be purchased in the "SPECIAL OFFER" section of this web site.

Buried W.W.II Treasures in the Philippines by Tony Wells.  You may not know it, but there are literally billions in gold, statues and other Asian looted treasures buried in hundreds of secret locations throughout the Philippines right now. No, this is not some wild, imaginative fiction story written by a bored author on a Sunday afternoon. The story The story you are about to read is based on years of research, interviews and fact. Absolutely, no fiction involved

Because the Japanese General, Yamashita Tomoyuke (a.k.a.-The Tiger of Malaya), was in command of the Philippines when it was invaded by the Americans, these hidden treasures have become known as Yamashita's Gold or the Tiger's Gold. Shortly following the end of World War II, Yamashita was tried for war crimes and hung in the Philippines. He never disclosed any of the secret locations of Asia's buried looted war treasures.

During the earlier part of the war W.W.II looted treasures were being shipped back to Japan for badly needed war finances. However, when American patrolling naval vessels made the shipping of these looted treasures to Japan much too risky to continue with due to almost certain loss, another plan was devised.

Investigative reports show that a great bulk of World War II treasures reached the Philippines from the latter part of 1943 through October, 1944, at that period when Field Marshall Count Terauchi was in charge of the Japanese Imperial Forces in the southeast area of the Pacific. He had ordered Admiral Masaharu (then over-all military commander of the Philippines before General Yamashita) and several other admirals and generals (including Yamashita) that all war booties taken from their respective occupied territories comprising Java, Sumatra, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Burma, and Northern India be collected and thereafter transferred to the Philippines.

Japan had always considered the Philippine Islands to be a very important strategic location for military bases in Southeast Asia. Unknown to the rest of the world, the Japanese had a major plan for post war sovereignty, and the Philippine Archipelago was included in this elaborate scheme. Once the shipping lanes became too dangerous due to American Naval vessels, almost all of the loot that the Japanese had accumulated thereafter was being channeled to the Philippines and buried. Their ultimate plan was that when the war was over they were going to withdraw forces from all the other Asian countries, but try to maintain there colonial rule over the Philippine Islands.

Under the banner of "Asia for Asians" they prescribed some reforms in the guise of nationalism. In hopes to win over the Philippine people, in 1943, the Japanese went as far as setting up a "Philippine Republic" and installing a puppet government with the Judge Jose Laurel as president. By winning over the hearts of the Philippine people and later even granting them independence, the Japanese hoped that they would then be regarded as "heroes" by them. This would also allow them to put military bases there as a pretext of "protection for the Philippine people". In this way, they could remain in the Philippines for as long as they liked and take their time to re-excavate the stolen W.W.II loot at their leisure. It was a good plan but in the end it didn't work out--the Americans invaded the Philippines in October 1944.

However, before this U.S. invasion, the Japanese were very busy hiding and securing its Asian W.W.II loot. Elaborate tunnels were dug, some down to depths of a few hundred feet, to the final "storage chambers" where the gold was to be kept. Most, if not all of these tunnels, were booby-trapped and rigged with 1,000 and 2,000 pound W.W.II bombs and poisonous gas. This trick would help deter the buried loot from falling into enemy hands. Detailed maps of the sites were drawn up on rectangular rice paper--all written in the 2,000 year-old Japanese script known as "Kungi", which hasn't been used for the past 150 years. Numerous concrete markers, which were to be left as clues, were also buried at strategic locations that would later lead the looters back to the hidden caches. These markers were in the shapes of different animals and had Kungi writing on them.

In most cases, POW labor was used to dig the intricate tunneling systems. In all cases, upon completion of securing the gold in the pits...the POWs were all executed and buried along with the treasures. In some rare cases, Japanese officers even had their own soldiers killed and buried along with the treasure to protect their secret locations.

In all there were 172 "documented" Philippine burial sites (138 land and 34 water sites) left by the Japanese. This is not to even mention the numerous "private" burials of W.W.II loot by greedy officers and renegade soldiers. There was still much treasure remaining to be buried when the U.S. abruptly invaded the islands. Japanese forces took all of this with them up into the mountains in the northern Philippines and other areas during their retreat, where it was all buried at many different locations.

It is estimated that the total worth of this war loot ranged up to three billion 1940's dollars--the equivalent of over $100 billion today. According to various post war estimates, the amount of gold bullion alone was 4,000 to 6,000 tons. Top U.S. and Japanese sources claim that it would take at least one hundred years to unearth all of these hidden treasures.

If you're wondering why the Japanese themselves haven't gone back to the Philippines to try and secretly recover some of this hidden booty, the answer is: They certainly have...but only a very small percentage of what was actually buried! Ex-president Ferdinand Marcos himself managed to recover several sites (with the assistance of some ex-Japanese soldiers) and that is how he became so wealthy.

Tony Wells is President of SEARCHMASTERS, a salvage group based in Singapore, and he is the author of Shipwrecks & Sunken Treasure in Southeast Asia. Searchmasters is seeking investors to participate in the recovery of billions in W.W.II treasures buried in the Philippines. MD of Searchmasters: (

Please Register or Login

http://www.singnet.com.sg/~twells/smloot2.htm
) E-mail: twells@singnet.com.sgThis e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it [/i]

Well I didn't mention golds, I mention artifacts....
Right now, because of my Post, a group of US/Japanese and even Filipino are interested in the site..even british curators.... but because of some reason, we will not show them the actual location...btw, if we recovered something valuable, well  Wise ..hehehehehehehe...just wait Amen

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,5194.msg33546.html#msg33546

Offline boylara
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Philippines

635.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Deep max lorenz, 2 box, TM, L rod, Y rod
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2009, 10:44:17 pm »
Go Up Go Down

about Tanks, any curator or military historian interested...we found 3 burried in a creek...location  Wise

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,5194.msg33547.html#msg33547

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 20   Go Up
Jump to:  
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.