[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline OkletseeTopic starter
A.R.T.
Bronze Member

A.R.T.
Thank you66

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

2385.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Gold Bug SE, Tracker IV
« on: February 04, 2011, 07:38:45 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I don't know about all this lost treasure talk but I'll give you boys something to do.  I lived on Clark Airfield in 1966.  I was an 11 year old boy.  There was a hill in the middle of the base that at the time had some type of electronic equipment at the top and it was off limits.  But only the top was off limits.  It was called Lilly Hill at the time.  The sides were covered in jungle and I used to go exploring up in the hill.  I found several bunkers dug into the side of that hill and they were old WWII bunkers.  I went into a few of them but they were dark and the bats and bugs freaked me out.  Anyway, no-one that I know of at the time ever walked in there but me because I found WWII stuff laying around in the open like land mines.  I never told my folks because I knew they would not let me go back.  On one excersion I found something BIG buryed in the dirt and I dug on it for days.  It had the japanese sun emblem on it and it was flat like a huge door or a tailgate off a big dump truck.  I don't know what it was because I gave up on it.  It was too big and too heavy.  When I lived there one side of Lilly Hill faced the base housing and that's the side I explored the most and where I found the japanese stuff.  The other side of the hill was the NCO and some other buidings it's hard to remember.  If anyone else ever was stationed there and reads this thread they can confirm the existance of this hill.  I don'tknow if those bunkers were ever found again.  Some of them had been covered but I guess the rains exposed them again but the openings were small and hardly noticable.  I crawled thru one bairly got thru as an 11 year old.  Came right back out!  I'm not saying I saw something glittering or whatever.  The japanese metal door or what ever it was was at the base of the hill laying flat on the ground, not up on the side.  If you face the side of the hill from the residences where I lived, I think it would be located about 2/3 of the way to the East at the bottom of the hill.  I will never return so there you go, its all yours.  Clark is no longer there for those of you who don't know.  The town of Angeles City was nearby.  By the way I loved the Phillipino people they were good to us.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21195.msg142532.html#msg142532

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 10:46:21 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I don't know what you found buried there but I do know why the hill was off limits. The SatCom station was there. They always picked the highest place and since disrupting the station meant loss of communications, it was always off limits. Every base has one, mate. In time of real crisis, they wouldn't rely only on the commercial telephone lines.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21195.msg142624.html#msg142624

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

A.R.T.
Bronze Member

A.R.T.
Thank you66

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2385.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2011, 09:07:11 am »
Go Up Go Down

If I were a treasure hunter in the Phillipines I would go to places like Lilly hill and take my metal detector.  I heard stories of people finding buried caches of japanese rifles still in the crates, etc.  And you know when the invasion was upon them I bet alot of people buried stuff to keep it out of japanese hands.  There are caves and bunkers all over those islands dug by the japanese and the resistance.  You'd stay busy for the rest of your life digging relics and maybe even stumble across the you-know-what?Huh???  But at least you'd have something to show for all your exploring.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21195.msg142700.html#msg142700

Offline Bugar
Silver Member

IF IT BEEPS=DIGIT
Thank you3

Activity
0%
Male
United States

505.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Scorpion,Garrett Master Hunter,And Garrett Scorpion #2
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2011, 09:29:03 am »
Go Up Go Down

Oh- WOW- Clark AFB- was stationed there for a while in the late 50's, but don't remember any hill, guess that's cause I was a Marine, I was a aviation ordnanceman, and we were bombin the heck outa someplace or the other with our attack aircraft, but do remember some of the base and the town of Angeles, was a very rowdy town,
Yep the Phillipines should be a detectorists dream, was also at , Subic Bay, and Cubi point, they Navy, or was at the time,, town , Name of Olongopo or mebbe somthin like that, did tour the Islands some, absolutely beautiful, snorkled in the south china sea, Woooo was that fine .=OHHHHhh well,  Thanks for bringing back some memories Great

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21195.msg142703.html#msg142703

If It Beeps=DIGIT

Offline LeRoy Silver
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1431.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2011, 11:05:47 am »
Go Up Go Down

I loved Clark AFB and Subic Bay. Never treasure hunted there. The Barrio I will never forget. I wish that I was into treasure when I was in the Navy. I know that there is unlimited places to look though.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21195.msg142735.html#msg142735

A.R.T.
Bronze Member

A.R.T.
Thank you66

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2385.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2011, 05:00:35 pm »
Go Up Go Down

In 1966 the NCO club was right at the base of that hill.  I
Quote:Posted by LeRoy Silver
I loved Clark AFB and Subic Bay. Never treasure hunted there. The Barrio I will never forget. I wish that I was into treasure when I was in the Navy. I know that there is unlimited places to look though.

Do you remember the hill with the electronics on it kinda in the middle of the base?  I've been to Google Earth and I think I've located it.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21195.msg142853.html#msg142853

Offline Karl
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you211

Activity
0%
Male
United States

15290.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounter Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 , Famous Trails MD3005 ,Cen-Tech Pin Pointer MD
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2011, 05:04:22 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Time to start  {alt}

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21195.msg142855.html#msg142855
http://www.topglobus.ru/skin/smile/s1783.gif

"Keep Digging Its Down There Somewhere" Treasure Hunting, Gold and Coins.

Offline LeRoy Silver
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1431.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2011, 05:22:27 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I wasnt there until 1983 and dont remember the hill. I can remember the good times there

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21195.msg142860.html#msg142860

Offline Tirediron
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

5.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2014, 02:11:56 pm »
Go Up Go Down

OKLETSEE......Send me an email at Tirediron555@gmail.com
I wish to chat with you about Clark AFB.
Thanks

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21195.msg272970.html#msg272970

Offline Nil Heard
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

5.00 Gold
View Inventory
Mac OS X
Mac OS X
Safari 12.1.2
Safari 12.1.2

Awards

Bounty Hunter Commando
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2021, 10:02:54 am »
Go Up Go Down

New here; found this site while web searching for Lilly Hill Treasure!  Novice at detecting.  Was stationed at Clark in 72-73 and this Hill was right behind our barracks and ball field (6922nd Security Sqadron).  It had a large, very hidden opening to a canyon type inset which was very neat to discover.  Construction folks were cutting into hill for addtional dorms and uncovered two caves. Project halted. I later was at the top edge near ball field, concealed (chilling with first wife to be and fine wine) when an entourage of Japanese reps/Diplomats and Base officials walked into this little flat canyon area.  They posed for photos just inside this opening as we watched and found out later, it was about a cache discovered in the caves.  I did go up to top, and took sunset photos from top of the water tanks that were up there and had a great view of the busy runway and tarmac.  A most interesting time was had while stationed there.  I worked at a compound called the “Elephant Cage”..

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21195.msg332830.html#msg332830

Print
Pages:  1 2   Go Up
Jump to: