[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline BongTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines
Referrals: 0

45.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

ml 100, md5008
« on: December 31, 2009, 12:10:46 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I'm a treasure hunting enthusiast here in Mindanao, Philippines. I got the chance to accidentally dug a possible treasure site here in the Philippines a few years ago when we were constructing a building in a private land. I was able to lead our group to 5 empty vintage bombs weighing 235 kilogram per bomb before i decided to stop the activity . Other items we've found on the site were the followings: wheelborrow, lifting bronze cable wrapped (with 32 bronze cables strands) in an aluminum bar  , a welding machine, round reddish-brown rock , bottles, wires, corrugated bars, and a chassis which i believed is a military truck and a dynamite bundle found in one of the truck's chassis. As of now, there was still one empty bomb on the said site which i was not able to get. The site was a former japanese camp and its location was near the former camp's gate. I stopped the operation because were not sure where we were going during that time and it seems that we are going towards an area which needs some major reinforcements- its leading us underneath a major road. There are ways to excavate again the site but i think we need an underground surveyor or GPR  before doing the same to precisely unearth any valuable items if found.  See attached photos.. Actually, i documented the excavation and took some shots while were digging. Unfortunately, i misplaced majority of the photos but will try to find it again and send it here.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10339.msg65071.html#msg65071

There are 3 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

military truck's chassis breather.jpg
round reddish-brown rock found.jpg
wheelborrow.jpg

Offline Christian
Administrator
Platin Member

Wuf! Wuf!
Thank you56

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 01:04:19 pm »
Go Up Go Down

What makes you believe this being a treasure site?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10339.msg65075.html#msg65075

THunting.com - Your Friendly One Stop Treasure Resource

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2009, 02:54:25 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Yea I am with Christian what makes you think treasure sounds like a trash dump to me.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10339.msg65085.html#msg65085

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2009, 04:14:17 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by seldom
Yea I am with Christian what makes you think treasure sounds like a trash dump to me.

Well, you know. There's something there so it must be treasure.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10339.msg65104.html#msg65104

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline Shoto
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines

95.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2009, 05:21:28 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Bong:
You never mentioned the depth of your dig, however, at the moment, guys here are correct.. that could be a dumpsite during WW2. Been code breaking for years now but none of those you mentioned are markers.

IMHO

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10339.msg65109.html#msg65109

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2009, 05:34:19 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Shoto
Bong:
You never mentioned the depth of your dig, however, at the moment, guys here are correct.. that could be a dumpsite during WW2. Been code breaking for years now but none of those you mentioned are markers.

IMHO

Someone agreed with me I must be wrong

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10339.msg65111.html#msg65111

Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines

45.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

ml 100, md5008
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2009, 08:24:13 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi,

I thought of it as a possible treasure site because theys before  place was frequently visited japanese before and would like to excavate the area . In fact, another japanese guy bought a lot at the cemetery at the back of the said site and also manifested his intention to excavate the area. One of the stories i got from some local folks living near the area was that a japanese  was looking for the location of the main gate of the former japanese camp (which is now a cemetery), referred to as THEl SITE.  . Actually, the site is part of MADAPO HILLS IN DAVAO CITY.  The deepest we've dug was 15-18 feet deep. We've found the first bomb at 8 feet, then I just followed the tip of the bomb as pointer until i saw another bomb and the rest of it . By the way, the site was covered by a 4 inches thick of hardened white sand or corrals , the size is about 2 meters x 4 meters or more. Upon reaching 16 feet, its sandy and we even tried to use a cococnut shell  freely to dig further. I even thought that there's a bunker or cave underneath it . One night, it heavily rains and the site where we operated was submerged fully with rainwater, that was round 9:00 in the evening. When I checked it again after between 2-3 hours on the same night, the rainwater was gone.  It's quite unusual since it is not the same case compared to other grave site near the vicinity as relayed to me by my men who are also experienced gravediggers and are familiar with the soil composition in the cemetery. I'm planning to excavate it again this year as soon as I can freely manage the site including buying the lot where i could have good access to the site. Will keep you posted. Thanks for all your comments sirs.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10339.msg65129.html#msg65129

Offline Christian
Administrator
Platin Member

Wuf! Wuf!
Thank you56

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2009, 08:43:41 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Well, I habe a GPR but would by no means take visit your site. Why should I pay USD 1000.00 for a plane ticket and bring my 20k gear with me to investigate a site on which there are old bombs?

I hear the same old storries again and again. some digging down very deep holes to find solid soil (the famous mysterious Yamashita concrete Smiley ) ... and of course if there are no Japanese ghosts then there is a Japanese guy who wants to buy the site because the is treasure on it.

If any filipino who thinks he knows a treasure site would give me only one buck I would be really wealthy.

You can easily find out if there is treasure on your site! Buy a good PI machine at around USD 1000.00 ... sruvey your site. Dig were it beeps but no deeper than 1.5 m. Maybe you will find some treasure!
What I forgot to say: FORGET about this whole pointer / marker bogus. I have seen hundreds of these so called markers ... guess where they did point to? Yes, they didn't point to anything ...

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10339.msg65134.html#msg65134

THunting.com - Your Friendly One Stop Treasure Resource

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2009, 09:42:13 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I think I will retire move to the Phil and open a shovel store. Just saw in Book collectors World that a new book call Treasure Signs of the Philippines is due out in Feb, think it help.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10339.msg65138.html#msg65138

Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines

45.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

ml 100, md5008
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2009, 10:18:26 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Its ok. Thanks again for your prompt responses and allowing me to share my thoughts about it.  Will get back to you if I'll find it. I'll have to prove it first and see the bacon.  Will definitely show it to all of you if i already have it. No need to have a copy of the japanese treasure codes and signs and symbols. I already have one from a japanese tourist thru my friend- hotel bell captain even it was discreetly reproduced by the latter from the former when he left it on his hotel bed. Unfortunately , the 1st copy was lost with a treasure map of fort santiago , Manila at the back of it. The original was made of wax paper and its actually part of the treasure book brought by the japnese-guest. Bye!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10339.msg65141.html#msg65141

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Up
Jump to: