[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Hobbyist
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

Malaysia
Referrals: 0

4220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2011, 09:30:05 am »
Go Up Go Down

If you really want help, post good photos of what you claim to have found.

Other than that, the only thing I could say to help you is : Don't let gold fever overcome your senses; rocks and cement slabs are mostly just what they are, and nothing more.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22644.msg162533.html#msg162533

"Gold rides an iron horse." (Old prospector Homefire)

Offline goldnboy
Silver Member

Thank you3

Activity
0%

Australia

6165.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

gold stinger
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2011, 03:09:12 pm »
Go Up Go Down

If you find stone markers it may be wise to leave them as they are. Good luck  Cool

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22644.msg162606.html#msg162606

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2011, 05:35:47 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Hobbyist
If you really want help, post good photos of what you claim to have found.

Other than that, the only thing I could say to help you is : Don't let gold fever overcome your senses; rocks and cement slabs are mostly just what they are, and nothing more.

Quote:Posted by goldnboy
If you find stone markers it may be wise to leave them as they are. Good luck  Cool

You Guys are honest enough to give the best advise, WTG

AU

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22644.msg162631.html#msg162631

Offline Karl
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you211

Activity
0%
Male
United States

15290.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounter Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 , Famous Trails MD3005 ,Cen-Tech Pin Pointer MD
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2011, 05:55:36 pm »
Go Up Go Down

welbornsbeachresort there is no treasure if there was it woud have been found by now.
and all ur marking mean is that u will soon be broken hearted.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22644.msg162633.html#msg162633

"Keep Digging Its Down There Somewhere" Treasure Hunting, Gold and Coins.

Offline goldnboy
Silver Member

Thank you3

Activity
0%

Australia

6165.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

gold stinger
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2011, 04:24:27 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Karl
welbornsbeachresort there is no treasure if there was it woud have been found by now.
and all ur

Hello Karl

How can you be so sure no treasure isn't left to be found? The reason I say this is that our on the other side of the globe ,and how can you be so sure of the local terrain and what has been searched there. If so what methods were used ..
 Au whats the meaning of " WTG " I'm a bit slow on the uptake sometimes especially with the abb'??
 Good Luck with the Queats    Cool

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22644.msg162696.html#msg162696

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2011, 04:46:17 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by goldnboy
  Hello Karl

How can you be so sure no treasure isn't left to be found? The reason I say this is that our on the other side of the globe ,and how can you be so sure of the local terrain and what has been searched there. If so what methods were used ..
 Au whats the meaning of " WTG " I'm a bit slow on the uptake sometimes especially with the abb'??
 Good Luck with the Queats    Cool

WTG = Way To Go!

I'm convinced that most of the larger WWII treasures in the Philippines have already been found. They were found within hours of the surrenders of the major players. The soldiers in the trenches making their last stand probably buried keepsakes and small treasure caches but nothing on the  scale of what the Yamashita treasure seekers believe. Anyone who has ever been in combat will tell you that no matter what your orders are, you will abandon any treasure you are guarding when things fall apart. Soldiers making their last stand will not have the months required to excavate a cave, bury tons of gold, and then cover it up. And don't forget, the true believers think they also took time to carve rocks into symbols based on some super secret treasure code that nobody seems able to find today.

Thus you have a growing number of so called treasure sign interpreters who profess to be able to read the signs left behind by the Japanese and tell you where the treasure is hidden. Mind you, if they really knew where it was, they'd dig up the alleged billions themselves instead of settling for a few thousands of dollars in fees for interpreting the signs.

The whole Yamashita treasure hunt is, as some have called it, a multilevel scam on the entire nation of the Philippines and a few others from other countries with gold fever. There are very few real treasure hunters who believe wholecloth in the Yamashita treasures. I believe there are small caches left behind with a note to loved ones that were buried or hidden by soldiers who truly believed they would not see another sunrise.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22644.msg162698.html#msg162698

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline goldnboy
Silver Member

Thank you3

Activity
0%

Australia

6165.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

gold stinger
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2011, 05:27:42 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hey GD you must know the old tale that dead men tell know secrets.
 I've been to Japan and know a bi t about their way's" >  Go back to the post Hardluck had about the bank volt. To get an idea how they roll. Add a major war onto the mix and anything can happen   Cool

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22644.msg162707.html#msg162707

Offline welbornsbeachresortTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines

100.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2011, 06:55:30 am »
Go Up Go Down

ill keep digging ..... i love my family that's why ill keep digging..tnx  i got a a pile of stone which has a big letter B on it,got another marker a diamond shaped stone and a round stone with a hole in the middle!  whew!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22644.msg162720.html#msg162720

Offline Hobbyist
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

Malaysia

4220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2011, 08:01:02 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by welbornsbeachresort
ill keep digging ..... i love my family that's why ill keep digging..tnx  i got a a pile of stone which has a big letter B on it,got another marker a diamond shaped stone and a round stone with a hole in the middle!  whew!

Use of logic and a bit of research can be your best friends. I've often wondered why there are similar markings using Roman alphabets on rocks in Borneo and the Philippines. Ask yourself: why would anyone bother to carve out letters in hard stone? Why would anyone bother to mark a spot where they buried valuables. Are they so generous that they want others to find their possessions? I think not. Keep Ockham's razor in mind: "Entities should not be multiplied unnecessarily."

So why are there Romanized letters carved into rock?
1) It's graffiti.

2) It's a land survey mark (B for Baseline, or a lazy short form for backshore, backsight, bank etc). I've encountered N's D's O's and S's nicely carved by man in large hard boulders. And I've asked myself: why should a surveyor chisel out the marking letters instead of just painting them. Easiest answers are: it's lighter to carry a small hammer and chisel than to lug around buckets of paint in remote areas, a chiseled-out letter is more permanent than paint, and perhaps paint was simply not available!

3) Various marks may also denote deposits of natural minerals and were made by the geological survey teams sent to that area.

It's only because you mentioned your family that I bothered to type so much. I'd hate to think of women and children going without while the head of the household chased a dream of tons of treasure. Small caches of sequestered valuables do exist and are best pursued as a hobby using only excess funds after the family's needs have been met. But if you choose to disregard what I've written, then all I can say is: DIG BABY, DIG!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22644.msg162722.html#msg162722

"Gold rides an iron horse." (Old prospector Homefire)

Offline northhunter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Philippines

100.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

pistolize
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2011, 12:04:04 pm »
Go Up Go Down

....some foreigners are afraid to visit our place except to those who already experienced and got something expensive________________ you know what I mean!!!!Philippines is the place where bullions of treasures(Gold bars,Buddhas,diamonds etc.) are buried...I have a friend from AU and we found something here in our place them he gave me some amount then he went home with the item.I can upload the photo as an evidence......  

Posted on: April 14, 2011, 11:34:12 AM
Locators,detectors,pin pointers?Huh??those are for shallow sites only.....the Japanese are very intelligent they buried the treasure with covers and in the water level there are only few in a shallow level but those are in the mountainous/on the hilltop position sites..... Wink

Moderators Note This is an English only site non English will be deleted.

Posted on: April 14, 2011, 11:43:06 AM
don't give up you'll find treasures someday.....spend your money wisely!!!! Cool Cool

Posted on: April 14, 2011, 11:51:46 AM
sorry for the moderators!!!!

Posted on: April 14, 2011, 11:53:00 AM
Quote:Posted by Ridge Runner
The whole Yamashita treasure hunt is, as some have called it, a multilevel scam on the entire nation of the Philippines and a few others from other countries with gold fever. There are very few real treasure hunters who believe wholecloth in the Yamashita treasures. I believe there are small caches left behind with a note to loved ones that were buried or hidden by soldiers who truly believed they would not see another sunrise.
-------Your wrong buddy--- Large caches but, I respect your opinions because you did not experienced yet isn't it?.......

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22644.msg162774.html#msg162774

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Up
Jump to: