[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2013, 06:17:47 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by goldnboy
Hello taurus, that is an interesting rock you have found. Perhaps the way it was facing will be of some help. Look for more rocks, more signs / clues if you want to figure out this mystery.

It's not a treasure sign. It's art.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,46132.msg252071.html#msg252071

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline rey calape
Bronze Member

Thank you5

Activity
0%

Philippines
Referrals: 0

1070.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2013, 06:18:40 am »
Go Up Go Down

In our country we consider that a treasure sign which means the "X" approximately closed and the " 2 parallel lines" means double the distance.   IN MY HUMBLE OPINION. . .

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,46132.msg254340.html#msg254340

Offline kent13
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

465.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

fisher
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2013, 02:52:41 pm »
Go Up Go Down

For me u have an interesting rock that u need to do some more investigating in area where this rock is. How much activity did the japanese have in this area, If posssible talk to the old people.  Looking at it it looks like there may be a tunnel somewhere on mountain or large hill. There may be something there that tells u where to look. Many of the smaller treasures in the philippines were burried by lower ranking officers and only they know the meaning, of the characters. They have the map and when they can find the landmark then they know where to look for entrance or where to dig. I have sevaral good markers, two of them i know have been taken, and when u ask if anyone can read kunji they will say yes untill u show them the signs, and then they dont know. Kunji was taken from the Hoken chinese character language of ancient times. (dont know if the spelling is correct). The japanese adopted these charcters. The younger generation now of Japanese have no idea of what it is. Get more history on the area u are in and if possible get help from someone who has some equipment. good luck

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,46132.msg255087.html#msg255087

Offline Hobbyist
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

Malaysia

4220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2013, 08:42:40 am »
Go Up Go Down

The character doesn't mean "earth". If I am not mistaken, there are 2 possibilities.
1) if the hole directly above and at the middle of the topmost horizontal line is a character stroke, then the character means "Host"
2) If the aforementioned hole is natural and not part of the character, then the character means "King".

If you have an android device, consider downloading an app called "Peico" from Google Play. Be sure to add on the necessary dictionaries. You can then input character strokes with your finger and a list of matches will appear. Tap on the best match and you'll get an English translation. Keep in mind that some of the modernized and simplified characters of today may have little resemblance to some ancient characters.

Posted on: March 31, 2013, 08:16:45 AM
Something was nagging at the back of my brain and I finally recalled it. My eldest aunt was 9 when the Japanese invaded. She had once mentioned to me that the Japanese soldiers would designate "hosts" wherever they made an encampment or bivouac. Such "hosts" were usually merchants, farmers or shopkeepers who had stores of food, and the soldiers would eat them out of house and home, and carry off whatever they liked. The victims had to smile, bow and accept their losses or be beaten up/killed.

If that character means "host", then the rock may have been a marker to indicate to soldiers the location of a most unfortunate and soon-so-be-bankrupted host.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,46132.msg255145.html#msg255145

"Gold rides an iron horse." (Old prospector Homefire)

Offline BitburgAggie_7377
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Platin Member

Define Treasure
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Thank you116

Activity
76%

United States

26045.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Impulse , Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett AT Max, Whites Sierra Super Trac
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2013, 01:20:33 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Hobbyist
Something was nagging at the back of my brain and I finally recalled it. My eldest aunt was 9 when the Japanese invaded. She had once mentioned to me that the Japanese soldiers would designate "hosts" wherever they made an encampment or bivouac. Such "hosts" were usually merchants, farmers or shopkeepers who had stores of food, and the soldiers would eat them out of house and home, and carry off whatever they liked. The victims had to smile, bow and accept their losses or be beaten up/killed.

If that character means "host", then the rock may have been a marker to indicate to soldiers the location of a most unfortunate and soon-so-be-bankrupted host.

Now THAT IS what I call a logical and good explanation.   Much like the signs "hobos" left in the US during the Great Depression to let others know where they could find food and shelter.

BA

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,46132.msg255568.html#msg255568

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2013, 07:02:18 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by BitburgAggie_7377
Now THAT IS what I call a logical and good explanation.   Much like the signs "hobos" left in the US during the Great Depression to let others know where they could find food and shelter.

Basically what most of us have been saying for years. They point to practical things, not treasure.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,46132.msg255609.html#msg255609

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Print
Pages:  1 2 3    Go Up
Jump to: