[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline ramTopic starter
Silver Member

Thank you148

Activity
0%

Portugal
Referrals: 0

5270.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2009, 05:45:03 am »
Go Up Go Down

gener, i personally see with my two eyes and touch with my barehands the real yam goldbar.and real yam treas sign so you can't blame me..

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6590.msg40045.html#msg40045

Offline Gener
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

245.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

fisher
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2009, 06:25:36 am »
Go Up Go Down

Ram,
 I dont blame you of anything as i also know those bunch of yam-fakers flourishing in the philippines.. perhaps you are not the only one who saw and touched real yam-goldbar he-he! in ming forum? i only participated last 2007 and stopped on 2008,,,i was just screwed with many scams there but really some had touched real au there cause of my advice,,,

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6590.msg40046.html#msg40046

Offline goldigger
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

5400.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounty  Hunter and several more.
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2009, 05:21:26 pm »
Go Up Go Down

ram;
Hi, I can not see my note to you, so I do not know what I meant by using the word Capitol, but I would have used it about the upper-case(big)letters, on your keyboard(where I said it seemed like you were shouting.)

Did you read my questions/answers about placer gold mining...

I cant find it so, I am very puzzled. Maybe it is in another forum section.

When was this flood that brought down the nuggets?

Right now, today, the price of gold, on the stock market, was $954.50 US funds, and if you know the P.I. exchange rate, you can figure the value for  a gram... I get a figure of $30.16 US, but, hey, its worth $32.625 in Canadian dollars. There are about 31.645 grams in a Troy ounce. Of course, the gold buyers will not give full market value, because they have to make a profit... a REASONABLE profit.

I would like to know if anybody has tried to find where the nuggets are coming from.... somewhere is a mine waiting to be found!

The way to do this is work your way  up river, by panning a bit, moving on and panning a bit. When you do not find any more gold, in your pan, go back, to the last place you found some and look for a side river or creek even a dry canyon or gulley/arroyo, and follow it until the gold disappears.

This time, instead of going way back, when it disappears, start looking around, at the hillsides, IF there are no more little creeks or dry canyons, dig some gravel into a bucket, take it to the water and see if there is any gold.

If you find some gold, go higher, take samples, until no more is found.... go back to where you last found some, on the hill side, or where ever you are, now and plan the use of your metal detector. Have frequent rests so you can look around, you may spot an outcrop of rock that carries gold, and you can see if you are being watched. Be as paranoid as you can, it pays.

This is a way to find the gold source, roughly.

Once you find a likely  spot, on the hill side (or mountain side) use your pulse induction locator  to find the lode gold, also, be careful that no-one is following you, when you do this, as it is a real give-away to what you are doing. If they are watching, go somewhere else, for a while, until they give up.

You may have to chop underbrush, lots of underbrush, if you have a big coil on your detector!

If you find it, you will have a whole new set of problems!

Sorry about the language problem, I will try to be more careful. Local idioms, or ways of speaking, from here, you would not get, most likely, so I try not to use them.... I forgot about(capitol) letters.

The problem with the scam artists, is that they are getting up the hopes of poor people, that do not understand it is a scam. They think it is real, so they want their own bit of treasure! Can you blame them?

Now! I have given you an idea, on how to find real gold, not treasure, its up to you to try, but it will  take time, even so, you might not find it, but it IS there, or there would not be nuggets, in the river.

I forgot to mention: you can find nuggets, with a metal locator.... a pulse induction should work good for nuggets. Just walk along the high water mark, that is the most likely place to find them.

Brian AKA goldigger

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6590.msg40154.html#msg40154

« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 05:25:14 pm by goldigger »

goldigger

Offline b79
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines

315.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

pendulum, tm808, gemini3, gold bug
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2009, 04:42:58 am »
Go Up Go Down

goldigger,

thanks for the insight on gold panning. im from the cagayan de oro city, mindanao, philippines whose english translation means 'river of gold'. what's the advantage of sluice against panning?

hope you could talk more about your experienced. thanks a lot.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6590.msg40239.html#msg40239

got their digging tools! sooner or later the buried loot:}

Offline ramTopic starter
Silver Member

Thank you148

Activity
0%

Portugal

5270.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2009, 03:03:04 am »
Go Up Go Down

thank you goldigger for the idea, i build the delta pulse detector, but using 40cm search coil. can i used the dp detector? what ideal size of search coil i made, pls post also the diameter, turns,wire gauge for dp that could detect nuggets.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6590.msg40363.html#msg40363

Offline goldigger
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

5400.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2009, 08:11:47 pm »
Go Up Go Down

ram;

Sluices and Advantages:

Can be small or can be big enough to load with a bulldozer (I will upload a photo of both);
Can process massive amounts of gravel;
Can produce lots of gold.

Sluices and Disadvantages:

Big sluice needs big machines and many men, so big cost (small = 1 person, 1 shovel, screen, sluice box and water pump.... very LOW cost);
Big takes LOTS of water and dumps lots of mud and fine sand, into streams;
Sluices are not efficient;
Sluices take experience, to work right.

Even a small sluice box takes a good pump, able to pump 1500 or 2000 gallons per hour. That is 6800 to 9000 liters, per hour. I do not know if you use liters, but a Canadian gallon is 4.545454 liters and a US gallon is 3.79 liters.... of course, my gallons are 4.545  L.

There is probably more, but its too hot to think, right now! Its 27 C, inside, while that is not hot by PI standards..... its hot for here, and very humid. We may have a storm tonight.

There are other ways for one or two people to efficiently recover gold, faster than panning. A rocker is one way.... try Wikipedia, it seems to me I saw a drawing of one, there. Although a rocker has problems, too, the problems can be fixed. Like, traditionally, some one has to rock the rocker, ALL the time: well, you can use a small 12 volt motor and gear box. It should be slightly adjustable for speed and travel (how far it goes, back and forth.) A windshield wiper motor may be strong enough for a small rocker.

A rocker should have a 2 second speed cycle, 1 second over and 1 second back. Plus a manual quick cycle or a motor double cycle speed. It  only needs a trickle of water. Traditionally, the water was poured in with a big dipper tool. like an 8 liter bucket on a handle. Also, you need to control how far it goes, each way.

A small electric pump that can pump 300 to 600 gallons per hour, is good... it saves labour and frees hands. You need a small dirt box and screen. That is a trough, that you scoop the gravel into, while it has a low flow of water through it. The water and gravel goes over a screen, the rocks slide off the side and the fine stuff, with water, goes into the rocker. You can have another screen on top the rocker, also. and a bit more water.

Rockers are as efficient as pans.

The rocker has a few simple riffles and rug, under the riffles (rug with 1 cm knap at the longest.) The problem with rockers is the sand tends to cake at the end of the riffles, next to the rocker sides, when this happens, gold will not be caught. It can be fixed by tiny jets of water, from a 5 cm tube, down each side, of the riffle frame. the tube must have at least a 1mm or 2mm hole, at each spot, so the water squirts into the sand.... this keeps it loose so the gold can sink to the bottom and stay there. the tube looks like:

water in here
  v
  I
  I
  I
  I-----0------0------0------0------0------0------0------0-----+ pinch or plug

The I is tube and ---- is tube and 0 is a tiny hole on the upper side of the riffle. You can connect the  two tubes up with plastic tubing and run them back to a valve.

When you take the riffles and rug out, it has to be done over a tub of water.... rinse all the sand off the riffles, into the tub and turn the rug upside down and scrub with the hand to get as much fine stuff out of the rug knap, as possible. Finally, rinse the inside of the rocker, into the tub, and then pan down the stuff in the tub. Eureka!

You can clean up everyday, do not let the rocker dry, over night, clean it while it is still wet. You do not have to clean up this concentrate, everyday, once a week is good, Sunday?

It would be better if I was right there, I could teach how to do this, better, than trying to explain. I have been panning since 1956, using sluice boxes since 1967 and rockers.

Lately I have some spiral pans.... they are supposed to clean right down to raw gold... they do NOT do this, but, they will concentrate, as good as a gold pan and much faster... just tip the pan back until all the concentrates go through the pan center, into a plastic pail, which can be 8 or 10 liter or a 20 liter. Small pails work better. It has to be fed with a trowel sized shovel, through a 5 mm or 6 mm screen... it is OK if you do not have nuggets, like me... all flour gold.

One of the spiral pans is call Desert Fox and it all fits into a snap top case... it has its own pump. I have another, I made, that is, I bought the wheel/pan part and made the rest, and I feed it from a tap in the household water. It works a bit better  than the commercial one...
I will see if I can get a photo of the Des.Fox. set up and ready to work.

For me, the commercial machine is small, light to pack and I can concentrate with it, it just needs to have a 12 v battery. I also have 3 solar panels, that fold up like a suitcase, for charging batteries. BUT! you can use a little 2 cycle generator.... I have 2 of those, also. You have to mix gas and oil like a scooter, motor bike or powersaw. One of them, both air cooled,
puts out 12v DC and 120 volts AC, the other, just 120 VAC only, so I use a clip on auto battery charger, with it.

Later, in August, I will be going to my claim and I will  take a bunch of pictures! Fortunately, I do not have to resort to a metal locator, to find the gold, on my claim... I found it in 1981, but did not stake it... some bunch of idiots did stake it, and all the country around. I have been waiting for them to lose interest, until a year ago.... they never did find any gold. The area became available and with our new system of staking, I did not have to leave home and did it on line!

Staking online means you have to have a FREE MINER-s license, and be in the system. I pay my fees at the local government agents office. I have a password and user name to get online.

I also have some hard rock claims, in the same area, for soapstone and obsidian, for gem use. The soapstone is like jade but softer, and darker... good for carving. I have not seen the obsidian, I was told about it by another miner AFTER I staked. I am hoping the obsidian has white spots, it is called SNOWFLAKE obsidian. I will see if I can find it, when I go, in August.

Well, ram, treasure finding is good, if you can find it, but one needs a practical thing to rely on, when the treasure does not want to be found. Which happens most of the time, for me.

Enough for now!  I have not mention suction dredges, I will save that for another time.

Brian AKA goldigger

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6590.msg40532.html#msg40532

There are 2 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

big-box.jpg
small-box.jpg

« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 08:22:19 pm by goldigger »

goldigger

Offline goldigger
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

5400.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2009, 08:45:41 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by ram
thank you goldigger for the idea, i build the delta pulse detector, but using 40cm search coil. can i used the dp detector? what ideal size of search coil i made, pls post also the diameter, turns,wire gauge for dp that could detect nuggets.

Ram, I did not see this one  Grin

40 cm should go down a fair amount, but I have no the experience with the pulsee detectors, to tell for sure. I use a rough rule-of-thumb, as it is called. I take the inch radius, in this case about 7.5 inches, multiply it by a complex formula and I get 5.625 feet. That is just a guess, using 10 kHz for frequency.  My formula says 3.75 feet for 15 kHz and 2.8 feet for 20 kHz. Does it make any sense??

I can only guess, but 2 to 6 feet (0.6 to2 m, is good.) Eugene52 can guess the depth better than me.

Brian AKA goldigger

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6590.msg40540.html#msg40540

goldigger

Offline b79
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines

315.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

pendulum, tm808, gemini3, gold bug
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2009, 04:53:24 pm »
Go Up Go Down

goldigger,

thanks for sharing. pls keep it coming. Cool

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6590.msg40657.html#msg40657

got their digging tools! sooner or later the buried loot:}

Offline explorer125
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines

90.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2009, 04:49:19 pm »
Go Up Go Down

golddigger, any idea how reliable a electronic resistivity scanner is in detecting gold despite other minerals in its sorroundings ?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6590.msg42709.html#msg42709

Offline goldigger
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

5400.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2009, 01:48:17 am »
Go Up Go Down

explorer125;

The only way I can see resistivity finding gold, is a massive amount of solid gold , or gold particles, would lower resistivity. It would take experience to interpret the results.

Any metal would lower resistivity, so the survey can only indicate there is something conductive, so if a dig finds gold, everybody hears about it, but if it was a pile of buried gas barrels, no one ever hears about it , because it was a success, in surveying, but a failure in finding gold.

By its self, resistivity is not enough, it is useful in ore vein location, where leaching, of chemicals from the vein, will lower soil resistance.

It may be useful to a dowser.

Does this help you?

goldigger

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6590.msg42814.html#msg42814

goldigger

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6   Go Up
Jump to: