[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline BitburgAggie_7377
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Platin Member

Define Treasure
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Thank you116

Activity
75%

United States
Referrals: 0

26045.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Impulse , Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett AT Max, Whites Sierra Super Trac
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2011, 10:35:55 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Roo
The rectangular 'rock' is very symmetrical for rocks - very remote possibility it is weathered concrete.

I agree the rectangular 'rock' could very well be weathered concrete.  It definitely does NOT appear natural too me.  But there is nothing except the machete to give it any context or idea of size.  It could be weathered concrete or it could have been a rock that was dressed to serve as the threshold for a sizable building or the lintel for a door way or the mantel for a fireplace, or it could be a stelae (either well worn or face down).   In any of those non-concrete cases it is much older than world war II and therefore is not related to Yamashita Treasure.   
    The round rock in the second set of pictures looks natural to me, but without pictures of the area and of other rocks nearby, I'm not going to say it definitely is natural.   It may also have been brought in as part of a much older building project.   
     Finally, I think the lines that form either a Y or an X in the final picture of the second set were put there deliberately, but I don't think they are treasure signs.....especially without first having explored all the other possibilities for the other rocks.

BA

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,17421.msg189568.html#msg189568

Offline hobgob
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines

515.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

whites 808
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2011, 06:07:17 am »
Go Up Go Down

i notice you have a very large stone marker. the first pic is a huge stone there have you notice the unwanted holes covere so those lines and acid marks on the stone mean something. the y with a dot on the lef side normaly pointing to a creek or river that has another tributary wicth makes it as a y creek. now the cache is normaly located at the left side of that creek or river. i normaly look at the terrain first and look for stone hints that points me to a stone with markers. like multiple arrow ways to the sight. and lots of other sign. hope it helps just another wild guess

hobgob

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,17421.msg193080.html#msg193080

Offline hobgob
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines

515.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

whites 808
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2011, 11:36:47 pm »
Go Up Go Down

tibagib na yan!, i mean break the slab already, youll never know whats inside! dont forget to bring a digicam to post what inside.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,17421.msg193901.html#msg193901

Print
Pages:  1 2 3    Go Up
Jump to: