[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline kendavid
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Philippines
Referrals: 0

1465.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Master Hunter CX, Treasure Hound
« Reply #160 on: September 06, 2009, 09:16:39 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I've heard that goldigger. I personally don't process any gold although I have tried a little panning here and there with limited success. But here in the Philippines it's like living in the dark ages sometimes and it is common to find local pocket miners separating their gold ore with mercury. Anything to put food on the table huh. If you would be so kind as to post your video, I would gladly spread the word around here about your process. That could really help a lot of poor prospectors here. I am really anxious to see your method.
Thanks so much, goldigger Great

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,5360.msg48446.html#msg48446

KD

Offline goldigger
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

5400.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounty  Hunter and several more.
« Reply #161 on: September 06, 2009, 09:38:58 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by kendavid
I've heard that goldigger. I personally don't process any gold although I have tried a little panning here and there with limited success. But here in the Philippines it's like living in the dark ages sometimes and it is common to find local pocket miners separating their gold ore with mercury. Anything to put food on the table huh. If you would be so kind as to post your video, I would gladly spread the word around here about your process. That could really help a lot of poor prospectors here. I am really anxious to see your method.
Thanks so much, goldigger Great

Yes I know.... that is why I want to DO the video.... I have not even made it yet! Ive only gotten to the talking stage, with the person who has the camera, my sister... If you have a sister, then you know how hard it is to get her to do anything!  Shocked

The first question is always- "Why?"

How about putting it on a CD, and practically giving it away! CDs are cheap, now, with all the DVDs floating about. They are around $1 apiece and cheaper.... probably $2.50 Can, would cover the CD and postage and If I could send you a bunch, you could pass them out.

Neither of us have had much success at doing an actual video and getting it on CD... We both have done lots of still, slide shows, but the videos seem to screw up.

How plentiful are Cd or DVD players, there, they are around $28 Canadian, for a player, in Walmart, here! That is a few pesos, and I do not know the exchange rate, anymore.

I will keep you informed.

goldigger

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,5360.msg48449.html#msg48449

goldigger

Offline kendavid
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Philippines

1465.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #162 on: September 06, 2009, 09:57:53 pm »
Go Up Go Down

goldigger, cd/dvd players are fairly plentiful around here except in the extreme provinces (they don't even have electricity). The exchange rate here is near P50 to $1US for simplicities sake. I know the prospectors here would love to find a newer, safer and cheaper method for processing their gold. I'm looking forward to your video.... good luck with the sister Grin I don't know why it's so hard to get them to move. I've been waiting for two years for an oil painting my sister is supposed to send me from the states. I even sent her the money for the shipping!  Angry  Love her anyway  Kiss

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,5360.msg48451.html#msg48451

KD

Offline goldigger
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

5400.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #163 on: September 06, 2009, 10:14:47 pm »
Go Up Go Down

goldigger, cd/dvd players are fairly plentiful around here except in the extreme provinces (they don't even have electricity). The exchange rate here is near P50 to $1US for simplicities sake. I know the prospectors here would love to find a newer, safer and cheaper method for processing their gold. I'm looking forward to your video.... good luck with the sister Grin I don't know why it's so hard to get them to move. I've been waiting for two years for an oil painting my sister is supposed to send me from the states. I even sent her the money for the shipping!  Angry  Love her anyway  Kiss

I have to be really nice to my sister as I live with her and my bother in-law, if I cross her, I can hear about it FOREVER!

Right now, we are having a cold, rainy spell, but it will be warming up later in the week. So I will try to convince her.

P50 = $54.35 Canadian... the $ Can = $0.92US, right now and gold is up to $996US! A peso is like a dollar, right, in that case postage alone would be very expensive, in pesos.
So if I can send a package to you, that would avoid that.

Working on it, working on it! If and when, it gets done, I will ask for a secure PO address, if there is such a thing, there.

goldigger

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,5360.msg48452.html#msg48452

goldigger

Offline kendavid
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Philippines

1465.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #164 on: September 06, 2009, 10:28:47 pm »
Go Up Go Down

You're right. Sending the package to me would be the easiest and safest way. No real secure PO here. Any mail is risky but FedEx is fairly reliable.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,5360.msg48454.html#msg48454

KD

Offline judecharlo
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines

60.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #165 on: September 07, 2009, 10:28:24 am »
Go Up Go Down

Dudge,

5' from the natural ground, the corals stones appeared? 20' from that, mixed finger corals/sand/clamps?...8' from that another coral stones, take it off and look for the signs and direction in the stones. 6' from that under black sand or black stones. Remove all the sand, look for the 2 almaciga wood/ 6-12" diameter black outer with yellow inner core...if edges of the wood is sharpened (pointing direction), if clean cut (see if the wood are positioned parallel (take note of the distance of separation and the lenght of the wood) it show the passage way portal and lenght connotes distance from there. I think we have a similar case...I'll show you some pix.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,5360.msg48531.html#msg48531

Offline goldigger
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

5400.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #166 on: September 07, 2009, 12:19:27 pm »
Go Up Go Down

You're right. Sending the package to me would be the easiest and safest way. No real secure PO here. Any mail is risky but FedEx is fairly reliable.

That sounds good but for one problem.... I do not think we have a FEDEX here..... DHL,UPS but not FedEx....??
goldigger

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,5360.msg48556.html#msg48556

goldigger

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #167 on: September 07, 2009, 02:20:49 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by goldigger
That sounds good but for one problem.... I do not think we have a FEDEX here..... DHL,UPS but not FedEx....??
goldigger

Fedex is international, Brian. They have it here even. I know they have it in Canada because I sent something via Fedex last year to a friend in Vancouver. Burnaby, actually, but he wanted it sent to the Vancouver office so he could pick it up a day earlier than delivery to his office.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,5360.msg48572.html#msg48572

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline kendavid
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Philippines

1465.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #168 on: September 07, 2009, 04:37:35 pm »
Go Up Go Down

FedEX is international but nevermind the FedEx...... DHL is more common here anyway.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,5360.msg48602.html#msg48602

KD

Offline b79
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines

315.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

pendulum, tm808, gemini3, gold bug
« Reply #169 on: September 07, 2009, 07:38:49 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by goldigger
Yes I know.... that is why I want to DO the video.... I have not even made it yet! Ive only gotten to the talking stage, with the person who has the camera, my sister... If you have a sister, then you know how hard it is to get her to do anything!  Shocked

The first question is always- "Why?"

How about putting it on a CD, and practically giving it away! CDs are cheap, now, with all the DVDs floating about. They are around $1 apiece and cheaper.... probably $2.50 Can, would cover the CD and postage and If I could send you a bunch, you could pass them out.

Neither of us have had much success at doing an actual video and getting it on CD... We both have done lots of still, slide shows, but the videos seem to screw up.

How plentiful are Cd or DVD players, there, they are around $28 Canadian, for a player, in Walmart, here! That is a few pesos, and I do not know the exchange rate, anymore.

I will keep you informed.

goldigger

[/quote

goldigger,

if you could upload it in youtube, much better...the whole wide web would see it.

uploading it in youtube is a little bit of challenge but its nothing compared to your sister.

good luck  Grin Grin

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,5360.msg48628.html#msg48628

got their digging tools! sooner or later the buried loot:}

Print
Pages:  1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18   Go Up
Jump to: