[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2012, 07:33:16 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by seldom
The sad thing GD

Even more sad is the fact that so many rocks having been tumbled by either glaciers or water have the shape of a turtle all on their lonesome. Without legs, even. Or a head.

My, my. What can it all mean? Does nature abhor a turtle?

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36659.msg226348.html#msg226348

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2012, 08:04:43 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by GoldDigger1950
My, my. What can it all mean? Does nature abhor a turtle?

There is an old Indian legend that the world is carried on the back of a turtle

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36659.msg226354.html#msg226354

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Offline wyoming
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

915.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

OKM 4000, gygercounter, bounty,locator
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2012, 06:40:24 pm »
Go Up Go Down

here  is  the  word  on  turtle   and  how it  is played out--

The turtle lays  low  to the ground,,apon  it's back  rests the  elephant.
Apon  the  elephants  back  rests  the world/seed of  life.
The  bird  of paradise holds  the  seed/world in its mouth.
The  serpent "  continuation-rebirth-imortality "  Encircles them  all.

Now--if  you can find  a place  with  all  of  these---You found  a  big  one!  I  have only seen  3 of  these places,One  in newmexico,,2 in wyoming  (  one was the site--the other  was the book at the HAND  OF GOD -SITE )

Posted on: June 22, 2012, 06:37:00 PM
No not  two turtles--It was different--It was 2 turtles sharing the same  shell.  Each  had 2 front  legs and a  head.  Carved in great detail into the  cliff   face

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36659.msg226436.html#msg226436

Offline jhd
Bronze Member

Mood:Happy
Happy

Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1205.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Etrac, AT Pro, F75, Propointer, large industrial magnet on a rope.
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2012, 08:24:17 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Wyoming, my first site had all four of those, and more. Im in New Mexico and so far nothing but rocks. Too include the two turtles(mating turtles, whales, rabbits/dogs, hearts.....ect. I had a lot of fun and learned a lot while researching my finds.

That is a very interesting poem you have.

The construction of the camp and the mine was interesting. In lew of timbers they cut invert "v" to shore up a shaft. Everything has been filled in mostly. I suspect the caves as possible treasure caches.  But recently found hollowed out rocks as another place for small ones.

Im researching the Lost Padre La Rue mine.

Was you able to locate any treasure or empty holes. It would help me greatly to narrow down many possible places if I had some idea of the construction of a small and large Cache. I do believe a set of rules was followed as I have been able to repeat my success elsewhere. This would make a good thread if we can keep it factual.

I can post pictures of rocks all day long. But without proof, they are just rocks. Dont want to discourage anyone from looking, but first you need to know there is a treasure, like La Rue and a few others in this area.

As far as turtles go, to me they seem to mark a direction. Some say they mark silver mines, which also seems to be true. I have found nothing about a turtles tail that leads to anything. Now the turtles head and body can give a few clues. I dont get the eyes open or closed stuff. That goes for the position of the mouth too.

I would stop here and note that not only the Spanish used Turtles as mentioned before. I also believe I have figured out the redundancy of signs. Seems like way too much work to keep cutting the same signs in hard rock over and over again.

Turtles and such dont go anywhere on TH as people become argumentative. Then bad science or science fiction gets involved. Also I dont want to look at rocks that could be a sign. If a person has a doubt, dont post it. Your going to be hard pressed to find trail signs that have lasted 200 years of the elements. But they are out there. There are some do's and dont about posting pictures. A google map showing your trail is a really bad idea lol.

The old guys I talk to here local dont use the internet. You wont seem em post. You would never guess what they got till you get invited over.

But turtles are fun if they lead to anything. Its up to the hunter to decipher what they see. Then move on lol. Dont get stuck in one spot. So what came after this turtle? I already know nothing as the guy is posting on here. You have to figure out the puzzles, how you would do it. Dont believe everything you read or see on the internet lol.

The photo is my favorite Turtle. On the neck is the infinity or sideways 8 sign. The head is looking up towards a entrance. There is a small hole only a child could crawl in close by. This is close to one of many springs that no longer carry water. You find turtles in water, so turtle could mark a source of water.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36659.msg226450.html#msg226450

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

turtle8.jpg

« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 08:50:41 pm by Occassionally, Reason: ad photo »
Offline wyoming
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

915.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

OKM 4000, gygercounter, bounty,locator
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2012, 09:05:35 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Actually,,I quit coming  to these sites a good  few  years back.I wasn't getting  much help  for  what  I  was faced with.  I  am  here these days,  mostly  to  shoot  the breeze.
Turtles  turtles,,hearts hearts,,all those turtles  and hearts,,yet not  many   know.

I  followed turtle  heads  a  long  ways in  the dark  with  flashlights--It  did  lead  me to some  things--Things I have  yet  to finish--put it  on my  list.
I am trying  to say  without saying  something---lol.
The  last  turtle  I found at  my  favorite  site was  only  paces away  from the entrance. It  was  a sea  turtle--Couldn't see  anything about it  to give  me  any  clue--other  than it was nearby.
My  hearts were  found  low,,one standing  up from  carved stone--about 4'  high  and 3'  wide--across the draw was another heart patterned out on the ground--yet   these were  no  where close  to  the  entrance at all.

You  said  you were in   new mexico,,I spend some time  down  there as well,,have  done really good  as well--not a  looker,,locals in  T or C don't care for  me.

Ask  yourself  what  all these  rock  figure  have  in  common---that is what  you need  to  know--the storyline.  Be  it  sea  creatures/gods/birds   or  desert creatures and etc.

let  me  think---ok  vcery  brief--( 4  faces--3 are same-4th  is hidden/shadow,,,,coin symbols,,snake eating its tail,,,a  female  name,,pack  horse, circles/triangles/squares/diamonds.
but no   double  daggers--I had the  twins instead.

Do you  take  lots  of  pictures?  Do  you carry field  glasses? compass? a  mirror? Very  usefull  items  for me.

Try   to think of   your  area as a picture  of  scenery  on your wall.  But the  picture hides things---like   look  for  waldo  crap,,,It  is an illusion.
They used to carry images etched into glass/crystal. Then stand  in the  special  still  marked spot--use a mirror  and combine the  images---this fit   perfectly--as a   new image--then  everything would be brought  to  the  eyes..Trick  is-----knowing what  image  was  used---knowing  your storyline,,and  finding  the  3  whites stones to stand  in while  doing  all  this.(  so   add  all  the  numbers,,step  the  paces,,,make it   difficult)
Its not that  hard really. People  make  it  hard,,,very very  hard.

Sounds fetched??? No  matter  to  me,,,,(  Its all going  into my  next book,,,ANCIENT GHOSTS ) After name of  treasure  team

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36659.msg226453.html#msg226453

Offline golden eagle
Copper Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%

United Kingdom

275.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Discovery tf900, rangerell
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2012, 03:34:05 am »
Go Up Go Down

Turtle without legs: means "treasure here".
I am assuming that the turtle has a head and a tale.

If the head feet and tail are missing then this means danger objects are hidden.
and possible booby trap.

The rope could suggest a depth of which the object will be found

Is there any markings on top of the turtles shell?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36659.msg227018.html#msg227018

Offline jhd
Bronze Member

Mood:Happy
Happy

Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1205.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Etrac, AT Pro, F75, Propointer, large industrial magnet on a rope.
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2012, 02:24:11 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Golden Eagle, are you speaking of the original posters turtle, or the one I posted.

I love giving examples to the guys who follow trail signs.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36659.msg227039.html#msg227039

Offline golden eagle
Copper Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%

United Kingdom

275.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Discovery tf900, rangerell
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2012, 03:29:04 am »
Go Up Go Down

I am trying to help the Filipino who found the turtle sign. I am trying to help some one with a genuine question, and to give a genuine direct answer without going off on tangents and posting things that do not help this guy with his treasure quest. I will only reply to "HELP QUESTS" if I have the information or treasure codes or experience of finding these symbols myself from sites I have worked on in the Philippines over a 6 year period. I won't comment on what others may say here.  There is no point. Unless you have experience of treasure hunting in the Philippines, how can you comment and give good advice on a subject you do not know about?  You cannot. I won't comment on American treasure sites why? Because I have not studied treasure signs there. I know where gold is buried over there but U.S. sites are of no interest to me. There are enough "experts" over there already who know everything there is to know about treasure hunting, so let them carry on and find gold in good ole USA. I hope I have clarified things for Mr Occassionally.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36659.msg227052.html#msg227052

Offline rey calape
Bronze Member

Thank you5

Activity
0%

Philippines

1070.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2012, 06:47:40 am »
Go Up Go Down

JUNJUN, The 2.5 meters long rope u found means continue digging down anotherr 2.5 meters & you'll find the tunnel entrance.  Be careful for bobby trap.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36659.msg227060.html#msg227060

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2012, 08:19:45 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by golden eagle
Unless you have experience of treasure hunting in the Philippines, how can you comment and give good advice on a subject you do not know about?

This is ridiculous in its foundation. The metal detector was invented by Alexander Graham Bell, therefore you can't know anything about them.

Besides all that, you have no idea who among us has searched for treasure in the Philippines. For example, I have. A lot. Probably did so long before you were born. I found a huge cache in a cave that was used as a bunker. Huge! I mean whopping huge!

What was it? It was 350 cases of GI beer in green steel cans. Still good for the most part. We opened them using an old fashioned church key opener and if it didn't go off like a rocket, it was safe to drink. A heck of a weekend, as I recall. What I recall of it. Oh, yeah. We also found a bit of coinage but the beer was more to our liking. No chips and Salsa though. Bummer.

Posted on: June 30, 2012, 04:15:44 PM
Quote:Posted by golden eagle
I am trying to help

No, you are helping to perpetuate the hysteria and the search for a nonexistent treasure that could not possibly be anywhere near a rock that happens to resemble the basic shape of a turtle. Out of a billion rocks on earth, probably 999 million resemble a turtle.

Forget about the turtle looking rocks. They mean absolutely nothing at all. Do not endanger yourself or your friends digging down 40 feet for an empty hole full of seeping water.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36659.msg227068.html#msg227068

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4   Go Up
Jump to: