[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline dog44wgmTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines
Referrals: 0

90.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« on: August 04, 2009, 08:42:46 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello, this is my first post, I'm a retired Canadian living in the Philippines.

My partner has a recovery operation here currently in progress. He is the son of the Japanese general in charge of hiding the treasure so he knows what is underground, how much of it there is, and exactly where to dig and how deep. So he runs the operation while I help him fund it. The digging is mostly done, but we aren't quite there yet.

Our problem is money, we have none left. We are both all in and can't provide any more of our own money, we've exhausted our cash and credit, and we have no assets left to sell. Our combined income is tiny, so we have to raise the funds some other way.

We are seeking an investor to help us complete the operation. Our two major expenses are diesel fuel and frequent equipment repairs. Our total operational cost (not including repairs) is $250/day. Major breakdowns are crippling and expensive, although we haven't had one for a while so perhaps the worst is over. But we prefer to have cash in reserve for that to avoid unnecessary delays. We would love to raise $20,000 from one person only, but frankly we'll take whatever we can get.

The good news for you is we can offer a rate of return as high as 100 to 1. The bad news is I will not broadcast any specific information over the internet, so I really don't expect any success here at all. But if you are in Luzon or willing to travel here I'd be happy to meet with you in person to discuss the details.

Like I said, I won't give out any specifics here, but I'll try to answer some questions if possible.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6850.msg41512.html#msg41512

Offline capnrich
Bronze Member

I'm hungry like the wolf...
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Ace 250, GTI 2500, ProPointer, kneepads
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 08:55:11 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Sounds intriguing...good luck with your venture.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6850.msg41517.html#msg41517

I'm hooked on Thunting!

Offline Christian
Administrator
Platin Member

Wuf! Wuf!
Thank you56

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2009, 09:11:14 pm »
Go Up Go Down

So would you mind letting us know what is undeground and why both of you (a retiered Canadian Software Developer and a Japanese citizen whose father was a General) have failed to raise as little as USD 20.000 in cash yourselves? Considering the Canadian and Japanese payroll this doesn't sound like big money for you.

Also what puzzles me is that you are looking for a most specific thing (money) but do not want to disclose any specific information.

However I take your word that you will take whatever you can get.

To sum up this sounds like a very simple scam to me.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6850.msg41518.html#msg41518

« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 09:14:01 pm by Christian »

THunting.com - Your Friendly One Stop Treasure Resource

Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines

90.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2009, 01:22:31 am »
Go Up Go Down

SO WOULD YOU MIND LETTING US KNOW WHAT IS UNDEGROUND
Gold bars only.

... AND WHY BOTH OF YOU (A RETIERED CANADIAN SOFTWARE DEVELOPER AND A JAPANESE CITIZEN WHOSE FATHER WAS A GENERAL) HAVE FAILED TO RAISE AS LITTLE AS USD 20.000 IN CASH YOURSELVES?
Because it's supposed to be a secret, I have to be very careful who I approach. And when I do it sounds too good to be true. Even my friends who trust me with their lives will not part with their money. They are all in Canada and do not know my partner. I didn't pressure them, just invited them, and all I could raise was $8000 which was spent long ago. My partner has no family left and seeking funds from his acquaintances is not an option under any circumstances. In short, everything I've tried has failed. So I thought I would try to reach someone who is actually seeking this kind of investment.

CONSIDERING THE CANADIAN AND JAPANESE PAYROLL THIS DOESN'T SOUND LIKE BIG MONEY FOR YOU.
When you have nothing left it is. I am not on a Canadian payroll, my income is zero and my nestegg is gone. My partner works in the Philippines and has financial commitments, he can't save much.

ALSO WHAT PUZZLES ME IS THAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A MOST SPECIFIC THING (MONEY) BUT DO NOT WANT TO DISCLOSE ANY SPECIFIC INFORMATION.
I don't want to convince the members of an internet community that we're sitting on a huge quantity of gold. If people believed it and they knew the location, or determined it via our identities or other specifics, can you imagine the mess we would create for ourselves? Our success depends on security, and our security depends on secrecy. And we don't want to be targets later on when we are wealthy.

TO SUM UP THIS SOUNDS LIKE A VERY SIMPLE SCAM TO ME.
As it would to me also. Like I said, I do not expect any success here, but I am desperate and have nothing to lose by trying. I'm just seeking to meet an interested party so that we can feel each other out in person and possibly continue from there.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6850.msg41528.html#msg41528

Offline Christian
Administrator
Platin Member

Wuf! Wuf!
Thank you56

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2009, 04:13:36 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by dog44wgm
SO WOULD YOU MIND LETTING US KNOW WHAT IS UNDEGROUND
Gold bars only.

How can you know this?

... AND WHY BOTH OF YOU (A RETIERED CANADIAN SOFTWARE DEVELOPER AND A JAPANESE CITIZEN WHOSE FATHER WAS A GENERAL) HAVE FAILED TO RAISE AS LITTLE AS USD 20.000 IN CASH YOURSELVES?
Because it's supposed to be a secret, I have to be very careful who I approach. And when I do it sounds too good to be true. Even my friends who trust me with their lives will not part with their money. They are all in Canada and do not know my partner. I didn't pressure them, just invited them, and all I could raise was $8000 which was spent long ago. My partner has no family left and seeking funds from his acquaintances is not an option under any circumstances. In short, everything I've tried has failed. So I thought I would try to reach someone who is actually seeking this kind of investment.

If your friends who obviosuly know you do not want to invest any of their money why would someone else want to do this especially if you want to keep everything a big secret!?

CONSIDERING THE CANADIAN AND JAPANESE PAYROLL THIS DOESN'T SOUND LIKE BIG MONEY FOR YOU.
When you have nothing left it is. I am not on a Canadian payroll, my income is zero and my nestegg is gone. My partner works in the Philippines and has financial commitments, he can't save much.

Being a retired software developer you should get a good pension each month. A worker in the Philippines is maybe 5 - 10 USD a day. Hence if you hiure 10 workes it will be less than USD $3000.00 a month and fuel isn't expensive in the Philippines either. So what do you need 20.000 USD for?

ALSO WHAT PUZZLES ME IS THAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A MOST SPECIFIC THING (MONEY) BUT DO NOT WANT TO DISCLOSE ANY SPECIFIC INFORMATION.
I don't want to convince the members of an internet community that we're sitting on a huge quantity of gold.

Then why did you decide to post it on the internet?

If people believed it and they knew the location, or determined it via our identities or other specifics, can you imagine the mess we would create for ourselves?

No I can not. Maybe you can explain it to us.

Our success depends on security, and our security depends on secrecy. And we don't want to be targets later on when we are wealthy.

No, success in treasure hunting depens on down to earth facts which everbody can understand and double check. Do you think any of the big and successfull salavage companies will make their projects a big mystery and say: Hey give us your money but we won't tell you what's going to happen with it and who we are ... Huh?

Suggestion two: If you are arfraid of getting wealthy then why not just try to get ppor. This can be accomplished much easier and will safe you all the troubles of being a wealthy man - which you seem to be affraid of ...

SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6850.msg41545.html#msg41545

« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 04:50:44 am by Christian »

Offline Hobbyist
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

Malaysia

4220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2009, 04:58:44 am »
Go Up Go Down

dog44wgm, only you will know in your hearts of hearts if this is a scam or not. I am giving you the benefit of doubt. If you are interested in letting an established group of businessmen take over your project and you settle for a percentage of any finds, private message me and I shall initiate contact.
If they are interested, you will be thoroughly interviewed in Makati. I am not part of that group, nor will I want anything for my effort. Call it helping out old acquaintances. If your venture is not on the level, please disregard my post.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6850.msg41556.html#msg41556

"Gold rides an iron horse." (Old prospector Homefire)

Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines

90.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2009, 05:54:44 am »
Go Up Go Down

Re: Gold bars only.
HOW CAN YOU KNOW THIS?
As I already said, his father was in charge of hiding it there.

IF YOUR FRIENDS WHO OBVIOSULY KNOW YOU DO NOT WANT TO INVEST ANY OF THEIR MONEY
Wrong, as I said, some did invest. None are rich but all of them have families to provide for, the market crash hurt them all, no one has anything extra to play with. And, as I already said, I thought I would try to reach someone who is actually seeking this kind of investment.

... WHY WOULD SOMEONE ELSE WANT TO DO THIS ESPECIALLY IF YOU WANT TO KEEP EVEVRYTHING A BIG SECRET!?
I don't expect anyone to want to. I already said I don't expect any success here.

BEING A RETIRED SOFTWARE DEVELOPER YOU SHOULD GET A GOOD PENSION EACH MONTH.
Says who? What do you know about who I worked for? Maybe I was a self-employed consultant, did you ever think of that? No, of course not. The point is my nest egg is gone and I have no money left, period. If I did I wouldn't be on here.

A WORKER IN THE PHILIPPINES IS MAYBE 5 - 10 USD A DAY. HENCE IF YOU HIURE 10 WORKES IT WILL BE LESS THAN USD $3000.00 A MONTH AND FUEL ISN'T EXPENSIVE IN THE PHILIPPINES EITHER. SO WHAT DO YOU NEED 20.000 USD FOR?
I already told you. Major breakdowns are crippling and expensive ... we prefer to have cash in reserve for that to avoid unnecessary delays.

THEN WHY DID YOU DECIDE TO POST IT ON THE INTERNET?
I explained that. You are going around in circles.

Re: the mess we would create if everyone on the internet believed there was gold and knew the location.
NO I CAN NOT. MAYBE YOU CAN EXPLAIN IT TO US.
It is self-evident.

NO, SUCCESS IN TREASURE HUNTING DEPENS ON DOWN TO EARTH FACTS WHICH EVERBODY CAN UNDERSTAND AND DOUBLE CHECK.
Again you are not paying attention. This is not treasure hunting. As I already said at least twice, including in the subject of this thread it is treasure recovery.

DO YOU THINK ANY OF THE BIG AND SUCCESSFULL SALAVAGE COMPANIES WILL MAKE THEIR PROJECTS AND SAY: HEY GIVE US YOUR MONEY BUT WE WON'T TELL YOU WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN WITH IT AND WHO WE ARE ...
Please quote for me where I say or imply that I expect money for nothing. As I stated clearly, I'm just seeking to meet an interested party so that we can feel each other out in person and possibly continue from there.

SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM
Your previous comments can be explained by your inattention, an understandable mistake. But this makes you sound like a twelve-year old trying to win an argument.

I'm happy to answer any serious questions as best I can, but from now on I'd appreciate it if you would read my words the first time so I don't have to repeat them. Thank you.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6850.msg41564.html#msg41564

Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines

90.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2009, 06:14:59 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hobbyist, thanks for your post.

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN LETTING AN ESTABLISHED GROUP OF BUSINESSMEN TAKE OVER YOUR PROJECT AND YOU SETTLE FOR A PERCENTAGE OF ANY FINDS, PRIVATE MESSAGE ME AND I SHALL INITIATE CONTACT.
Thanks but since we are so close we couldn't possibly accept that. But a businessman might want to get in anyway, he can invest as much as he wants and we can still multiply it by a hundred. Once we recover the gold money is no object, but right now $20,000 seems like a trillion to us.

I would really welcome a serious businessman with lawyers and non-disclosure agreements and anything else we can use to bullet-proof a legally-binding deal so I can put an end to this thread right now.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6850.msg41566.html#msg41566

Offline Christian
Administrator
Platin Member

Wuf! Wuf!
Thank you56

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2009, 06:45:34 am »
Go Up Go Down

Well, I again I have to repeat myself. This venture is nothing but a scam. We have the typical conman who wants to talk som fool into sending him thousands of dollars to a 3rd world country.

I welcome and encourage anybody who is stupid enough to buy this bogus into sending off whatever savings he or she may have. This is total nonsense.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6850.msg41571.html#msg41571

Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines

90.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2009, 07:08:34 am »
Go Up Go Down

WE HAVE THE TYPICAL CONMAN WHO WANTS TO TALK SOM FOOL INTO SENDING HIM THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS TO A 3RD WORLD COUNTRY.
I asked you to quote me where I said I expected money for nothing. You did not. And yet again you say I want someone to send me money. I don't. I want to meet someone in person before either one of us commits to anything. We can communicate via email, skype, whatever before that. But I will not divulge certain specifics about our gold recovery operation over a public internet forum! Why that seems dishonest to you is beyond me, I am merely being prudent.

After the first two posts you made up your mind that this is a scam. I pointed out your mistakes but that meant nothing to you, your mind is made up. I expect better from an administrator, I'm sorry I wasted my time answering your antagonistic questions. I will ignore you from now on.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6850.msg41583.html#msg41583

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Jump to: