[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Cornelius
Silver Member

marching to the beat of a different drummer
Thank you33

Activity
0%

Netherlands
Referrals: 0

4895.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2010, 02:54:09 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Alen Hassell . If I were you I would not be too proud of your  ,, copy righted ,,  article  . It is complete nonsence .  Better study up on science a bit before you make statements like you did . The worst part of it all , and that is why I take the trouble in writing this , is that so many of our members are thinking you are right about your statements . Just my opinion  though .  Cornelius

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10695.msg79762.html#msg79762

Offline Smokin_Cache
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%

United States

970.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2010, 03:19:43 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I have seen many good post from Alen. I am sure he did not intentionally mislead people with this post. And his suggestions will help and may prevent in most cases. Had he just added cooling for enough time to let the electronics come down to temp I would not have commented at all.

After post I thought about this more. I would bet that slow weeping of water through the O-rings is the main culprit of failures. After weeping into the case the water would vaporise and then after many "weepings" and time the detector internals would be cooled below the dew point of the air inside. That would cause the water to fall out and condense on the vital parts.

I would suggest installing a descant bag in your under water detectors and then checking it once a season or more.

Cornelius, I replied to an exchange between you and Dell that wost posted some time ago. I would love to see a post regarding your trip to Cedar Key. If you have already posted on it please point me in the right direction.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10695.msg79771.html#msg79771

« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 07:27:52 pm by BitburgAggie_7377 »
Offline Cornelius
Silver Member

marching to the beat of a different drummer
Thank you33

Activity
0%

Netherlands

4895.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2010, 03:54:01 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Dear smokin . Let's leave science outof this forum . It sometimes is too complicated to explain things to people that were not educated in the matter . And ... they don't have to be educated in science because their hobby is metal detecting . If there are any questions about leaking housings or coils I will give advice when asked for .  Referring to Cedar Keys I must explain to you that whatever I discuss here can be used against me . The laws in Florida are not something to ignore . So I can not discuss this matter on a public forum . I hope you understand . I had a wonderfull time though !   Cornelius

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10695.msg79775.html#msg79775

Offline Smokin_Cache
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%

United States

970.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2010, 05:49:56 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Very good!

I think we will have to agree to disagree on the science thing though. I think all things including science lead to science. For instance in order to find something you must decode the science of why it would have ended up where you intend to look.

I find your posts very interesting Cornelius, but I do wish there were more of them that were positive. I see that you are someone who has much to offer us who are trying to learn. Please don't take that as an insult. It is not meant to be. I, like you, find it very easy to post what I think.

Also while viewing this post there are two pics of a bottle below my previous post. I don't know how they got there. They are not my pics and I did not upload them. They are out of place in this thread.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10695.msg79800.html#msg79800

Offline BitburgAggie_7377
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Platin Member

Define Treasure
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Thank you116

Activity
74%

United States

26045.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Impulse , Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett AT Max, Whites Sierra Super Trac
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2010, 07:32:00 pm »
Go Up Go Down

"Also while viewing this post there are two pics of a bottle below my previous post. I don't know how they got there. They are not my pics and I did not upload them. They are out of place in this thread."

The pics are ghosts from our lost postings last week  (check the site FAQ board if you're curious and managed to miss the excitement).      If you notice stray pictures in your posts within the first 60 minutes after your post, you can remove them by modifying your post and unchecking the attachment boxes.  If it has been more than 60 minutes, notify one of the moderators so we can remove them for you.

BA

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10695.msg79836.html#msg79836

Print
Pages:  1 2    Go Up
Jump to: