[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline OregonDirtFisher
Copper Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

170.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards

Garrett Ace 150; Garrett AT Pro w/NEL Hunter&Tornado Coils; Fisher Gold Bug Pro
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2014, 09:35:51 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Beachcomber
I will second the CZ21 and Excalibur II suggestions. The AT PRO is fine but not really at ease on salt water, despite the ground balance. Kind of same average results than a Fisher GoldbugPro,for instance.

If those beaches are poor in iron targets, you could buy a Garrett Sea Hubter MK II too, it's a PI unit and does only have limited discrimination. Nails will always come through. Larger ferrous targets too. Maybe a later investment as a backup for cleaner patches...

You should also take the time to learn how to read the beach. Most important skill of this part of the hobby.

HH & Good Luck !

Beach'

I go along with this as well, Excalibur is a good all around machine same with CZ.

HH

ODF

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,47718.msg281567.html#msg281567

Offline TREASURECAT
Pull Tab

Thank you2

Activity
0%

United States

90.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 6.3
Windows NT 6.3
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards

Tesoro
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2015, 05:22:12 pm »
Go Up Go Down

A friend of mine uses a White's Beach Hunter ID and does pretty well with it, but he says it isn't the quietest operating machine in the salt water. Wave action and just moving the coil in the salt water makes it act unstable and erratic. I've used a TESORO SAND SHARK in salt water with very stable results. The salt seems to have no effect on the SAND SHARK. But that detector isn't for coin hunting or relic hunting on land. The detector I would chooseto do a little saltwater hunting and a little land hunting & if finances permitted it, would be the CZ21, EXCAL,1280-x(2.4KHZ VLF), or Tesoro TIGER SHARK(12KHZ VLF). The AT PRO or AT GOLD may also be used but they, along with the 1280-x, aren't the best at hunting in salt water and are more suited to hunting in fresh water. It is my opinion (After owning over 30 metal detectors over the years)that no single detector can do everything and be equal to the task for all desired tasks. Pick a decent water hunting machine and then pick another machine for your land hunting. THEN HUNT! HUNT LIKE CRAZY! Good luck with your decision. Detecting Grin Great

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,47718.msg301371.html#msg301371

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2015, 02:48:44 am »
Go Up Go Down

If a person wants a quiet life with a machine on the beach then they need one of the TDIs or one of the Garretts sand and salt won't bother them but they will be digging deep holes so they need to be pretty fit.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,47718.msg301375.html#msg301375

Print
Pages:  1 2    Go Up
Jump to: