[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline xavier
Platin Member

From a rainy Brussels
Thank you166

Activity
0%
Male
Belgium
Referrals: 0

32206.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2010, 05:31:23 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Sweeper

Well had a good laugh again but I?m sure that in a short while you will be showing off you first silver Dollar or gold ring (I hope that you do) any how keep at it and it will all come together

Regards Xavier

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11722.msg75798.html#msg75798

Xavier

So many questions so little time

Offline gambol1
Silver Member

At first we were all hunters
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

4800.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett 150, 250,Fisher F75S, Tesoro sand shark
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2010, 07:14:02 am »
Go Up Go Down

Sweeper, The reset procedure described by dinger45 is very important to get the best out of the 250. Try reseting the machine with the coil flat on the ground you are going to search and compare that with reseting with the coil up in the air. The difference is you get more sensitivity when it is up in the air but more likely to get false targets and more difficult to separate targets when it is reset in the air. If the soil is saturated or mineralized reseting on the ground is the way to prevent falsing. There is a procedure for improving pinpointing by reseting with the coil over the suspect target. You can see it on youtube search for "Pinpointing with the ACE 250". I tried this and it works. gambol

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11722.msg75914.html#msg75914

Offline bigwater
Silver Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

5870.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

White's GMT
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2010, 08:00:16 am »
Go Up Go Down

Another important thing to remember is that when you sweep that spade full of dirt to see if the target is in it, the spade better not be made out of metal.  Grin  That kicked my butt for the first couple of weeks I was detecting... then it dawned on me.  DOH!

I use those little flags that they sell at Home Depot to mark the perimiter of an underground dog fence to mark my targets when I'm searching, then go back and dig later.  200 of them costs about 5 bucks, a little more expensive than golf tees but much more visible than golf tees, especially when you're in the forest with leaves, mulch and other deadfall on the ground that makes it difficult to set something.  The flags are about 12" long, fairly sturdy wire, with a little pink plastic flag on the end.  Just poke the wire in the ground and move on.  You can't miss them when you go back.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11722.msg75928.html#msg75928

« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 08:03:17 am by bigwater »

Anybody who says "it can't be done" will usually be interrupted by somebody who is already doing it.

Offline SweeperTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

155.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Ace 250
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2010, 11:22:18 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Dinger, Thanks my friend! That worked wonders! I'm still hit and miss on my pinpointing but at least there were true targets in the holes even if they were trash. Got some sheet metal/aluminum siding that registered as strong coin signals from both directions but hey that's part of the game right? Actually got my first coin today and then 2nd , 3rd, etc... bunch of clad. I gave it to my boys and they love their buried treasure. Then Dad got his...found a civil war bullet in the backyard!! Thanks again my friend!
Hi Xavier! Still working onthe 1st silver and the 1st Jewelry but the bullet in the backyard made my day! :] Glad your still grinnin!  Wink
Gambol, great link and great advice! Thanks, had a blast today!
"Another important thing to remember is that when you sweep that spade full of dirt to see if the target is in it, the spade better not be made out of metal.  Grin  That kicked my butt for the first couple of weeks I was detecting... then it dawned on me.  DOH!"

LOL! I did the same sort of thing on day 1...kept waving the clumps I was digging in front of the ace to see if the target was in there and ya know what? It was always in the clump according to the Ace.. but I'd go through it like mad not ever finding anything...by the end of the day I realized I was waving it by the 250 with my ring hand. Wedding ring was setting it off all day...DOH!

"I use those little flags that they sell at Home Depot to mark the perimiter of an underground dog fence to mark my targets when I'm searching, then go back and dig later.  200 of them costs about 5 bucks, a little more expensive than golf tees but much more visible than golf tees, especially when you're in the forest with leaves, mulch and other deadfall on the ground that makes it difficult to set something.  The flags are about 12" long, fairly sturdy wire, with a little pink plastic flag on the end.  Just poke the wire in the ground and move on.  You can't miss them when you go back."

Sweet! I got me some and tried your method... wont ever change! The flags and digging later rock! Also helps you see patterns...Thanks, Thanks and Thanks again!!

By the way, anyone help me out on why my individual replies end up grouped in one long reply?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11722.msg76154.html#msg76154

Offline BitburgAggie_7377
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Platin Member

Define Treasure
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Thank you116

Activity
78%

United States

26045.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Impulse , Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett AT Max, Whites Sierra Super Trac
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2010, 11:47:33 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Basically, that happens anytime you post consecutive messages without someone else getting a message in between your post.    Don't know how to get around that, but if you think it is awkward you can either address the individual or wait for someone else to post before you do your next individual post.   Personally, I prefer the first option (mainly because I don't know how long I'd have to wait for someone else to post before I can add my next message).

BA

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11722.msg76162.html#msg76162

Offline xavier
Platin Member

From a rainy Brussels
Thank you166

Activity
0%
Male
Belgium

32206.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2010, 03:27:53 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Sweeper

Just think how much fun you?re going to have one?s you?re rid of that snow and cold.

Xavier

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11722.msg76193.html#msg76193

Xavier

Offline dinger45
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

330.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher x 1265 * Garrett ace 250  * Garrett Sea Hunter
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2010, 10:28:47 am »
Go Up Go Down

This is a picture of a couple of things that i have found this month

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11722.msg76245.html#msg76245

There are 2 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

DSCF0008.jpg
DSCF0010.jpg

Offline heathen1
Bronze Member

NOT ALL WHO WANDER ARE LOST
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1825.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

omega 8000 titan 2000
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2010, 10:40:30 am »
Go Up Go Down

hmmmm maybe you need to rent a backhoe for your yard that will make the wife happy.we all have gone through this.. I just got a omega 8000 and the ground is so frozen and cold I keep wondering why did I buy it so early in the year for... I'll bet I've read that dumb manual a 1000 times so far..

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11722.msg76246.html#msg76246

Offline xavier
Platin Member

From a rainy Brussels
Thank you166

Activity
0%
Male
Belgium

32206.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2010, 12:41:21 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Grin At least now you read it, if the weather was fine you would have gone out with out having read it.

Xavier

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11722.msg76263.html#msg76263

Xavier

Print
Pages:  1 2    Go Up
Jump to: