[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline K5EXX
Remember POW/MIA
Bronze Member

Remember POW/MIA
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

580.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

Whites DFX E-Series
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2010, 01:29:02 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by toleary34
Thanks for that picture Mark.....I don't know if you know the history of that photo, but that guy got trapped in that house with a bunch of insurgents and took each of them with his pistol, and got hit with something like nine bullets.  It was my unit when I was in the Marine Corps that tore down the Statue of Saddam, in Baghdad in 2003.  we definitely are a proud group of folks, as should be every military member, no matter the branch of service or country.  thank you very much for your picture.  i appreciate it greatly.  take care brother, and thank you for your service to our country like so many of our other members....we are all truly a brotherhood that has no bounds and limitations.  thank you.

I did not know the story behind the picture, but it does not surprise me at all. I found it last night while I was at work, and I felt that it spoke volumes about the resolve and courage of ALL service men and women. It is a good reminder of the things that our troops face every day. As you know from our conversations, I was Army, but like you said....we are all in a special brotherhood. It is something that most people will never know. Thanks for checking out the picture, and for the background on it as well!

HOOAH!
Simper Fidelis

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,14749.msg96012.html#msg96012

Mark - K5EXX
Cry havoc, and let slip the dogs of war

{alt}

Offline toleary34Topic starter
Silver Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

3160.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounty Hunter Quick Draw 2
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2010, 09:23:02 am »
Go Up Go Down

HOOAH Mark ! ! ! the band of brothers continues....my military family history is one of the things I am the proudest of...the Civil War..services during WW1....fighting in WW2, Korea, Vietnam...services during Vietnam while not deployed, and then Iraq and Afghanistan.  As rough as it may be, war is one of those histories that has forced us to globally change eachothers history.  the band of brothers and sisters continues.  thank you once again for your post.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,14749.msg96098.html#msg96098

Print
Pages:  1 2 3    Go Up
Jump to: