[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Robert PeckhamTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Canada
Referrals: 0

30.00 Gold
View Inventory
budbear2005
WWW Awards

n5v 3s3
« on: March 22, 2011, 01:10:31 pm »
Go Up Go Down

i have read that when it comes to meteor s n such if u find one in canada that the object u find belongs to the property  owner now i was wonder if this if for all things found when u r dectin n if there is a gen rule or actual tks

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22266.msg155938.html#msg155938

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2011, 02:22:27 pm »
Go Up Go Down

If you're just asking about meteorites (not meteors which are never going to be found on earth), then the answer is that some countries treat them as a natural resource forbidding private ownership. Some treat them as ordinary property and the land owner does own them. Others treat them as found items which are different from lost items because they are truly a chance occurrence.

It's all down to where you live. National, state and local laws all must be applied to what you find. Presume nothing. Even though you believe it is a good thing to ask here, all you can hope for is a good guess. Drop in the your local museum of natural history and ask the curators there for advice. If anyone knows, they would.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22266.msg156564.html#msg156564

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline divichr
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Canada
Referrals: 0

35.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Ace 250  Minelab 305
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2011, 10:09:13 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi,

I recently contacted the Mines Branch, Minerals, Lands, and Policy Energy and Resource, now that was a mouth full, here in Saskatchewan.  I had asked about panning and using a md for finding gold and/or meteorites.  They said if on private property get permission from the owner.  Crown land would be fine to search and dig as long as no one has an active claim.  Last he said a call or email to the ministry of the environment in the province would be a good idea, in case the area if sensitive and access would then be restricted.  Federal parks and Historical site are off limits and provincial parks are accessible if you get permission from the rangers.  Hope this helps some, best of luck and if you find something I have said is wrong or different in your area please post.  I am new and just learning the ropes too....  

PS:  The only sticky point with a meteorite is that you need a export permit to sell it outside of Canada.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22266.msg158113.html#msg158113

Have a good one or two......

Ace 250 Minelab 305

Forever Libertarian

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: