[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline GoldDigger1950Topic starter
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2009, 03:37:31 pm »
Go Up Go Down

This discussion should lead most folks here to conclude that chasing after openly marked treasure maps is a waste of time. The real treasures are in small caches, stored secretly and later abandoned either by choice or by accident of fate. Even today, a good friend of mine's wife asked me to help her unlock his password from a file of their joint bank accounts. Seems he died without leaving her the key to the vaults. She has access by right of inheritance and he never intended to lock her out as he did but death has a way of surprising people.

The banks can't help on this one because the file that is locked on his computer was recently discovered by family who can't crack the password. That file contains the bank account details and when we crack it, the tax office will love them for it. She's already joint on the accounts but never paid attention to where the accounts were. I'm sort of good at this type of thing and they are close friends. I hope she makes lots of coffee for this one. A digital treasure hunt awaits me!

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9034.msg59331.html#msg59331

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline darylluke
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

135.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2009, 02:52:02 am »
Go Up Go Down

Goldigger: Southern BC is mighty BIG!! Is there an existing town nearby that the stagecoach went through? It is quite common what this fellow did. Common the stagecoach robbers back then. They would lay in wait, take the booty.Hide most of it, so they could get away, hoping to return later to retrieve it. I've come across more than a dozen incidents just like that here in the midwest.Some of the "smart ones" buried the whole thing, and got lynched right on the spot anyway.So, you are absolutely correct.There are probably hundreds just like these associated with stagecoach robberries, still waiting for US to go out, snoop, detect, deduce and get into the minds of the original bandits. I'd really like to know more details about your treasure-story!Was all of it bars? What year was this? Do you have a starting point for a search narrowed down any?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9034.msg59389.html#msg59389

Offline sumatra
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines

70.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

gpa
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2009, 05:41:07 am »
Go Up Go Down

yes i been doing now, and there are so many deposit 0n the site, and there are many bom that are trap.
this treasure that was deposited before are from the 2nd world war.
there many sign that indicate the tons of treasure in this site

this treasure was buried by japanese soldier

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9034.msg59402.html#msg59402

Offline goldigger
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

5400.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounty  Hunter and several more.
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2009, 12:21:43 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by darylluke
Goldigger: Southern BC is mighty BIG!! Is there an existing town nearby that the stagecoach went through? It is quite common what this fellow did. Common the stagecoach robbers back then. They would lay in wait, take the booty.Hide most of it, so they could get away, hoping to return later to retrieve it. I've come across more than a dozen incidents just like that here in the midwest.Some of the "smart ones" buried the whole thing, and got lynched right on the spot anyway.So, you are absolutely correct.There are probably hundreds just like these associated with stagecoach robberries, still waiting for US to go out, snoop, detect, deduce and get into the minds of the original bandits. I'd really like to know more details about your treasure-story!Was all of it bars? What year was this? Do you have a starting point for a search narrowed down any?

The story is documented history... all I have to do is look in the right place and I will have 95% of the details.... IF I want to pursue it, I have not decided, yet. Yes, it was all bars. So, maybe he buried them separately, maybe not, as he did not have a lot of time.

When the robbery occurred, the robber HAD been working at the mine so got his info first hand AND, there were no NEAR towns, in those days, maybe Sandon, I do not remember without looking it up.  Exhausted

The amount of gold is recorded, so that has never changed, not like some tales, the only change is the value per ounce! It has increased by about 500 times.  Great

Maybe some day..... trouble is, I aint getting younger! You see, I was born in N.BC and except for about 4 years of Vancouver area living, I have always lived in the North, and know it best.... S. BC is largely unexperienced by me... I know ABOUT it but do not KNOW it.  Wise

I have a friend at Keremeos, that I can talk into a deal, if I do decide.  I really have not given it serious thought, because I do not succumb to gold fever, never have, just H1N1.  Funny

goldigger

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9034.msg59594.html#msg59594

« Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 12:29:54 am by goldigger »

goldigger

Offline treasuremomo
micmomo
Bronze Member

micmomo
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1990.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

I'VE USED MANY BRANDS AND MODELS-TESORO, WHITES,GARRETT,FISHER,NAUTILUS,D-TEX,WILSON NEUMAN,ETC.
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2010, 12:37:47 am »
Go Up Go Down

You're right. No mortal man could just toss down a box containing 1000 pounds of gold...LOL!!!
 He'd have to be a cross between the Incredible Hulk and the Bionic Man to do so...LOL!!!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9034.msg70193.html#msg70193

Offline goldnboy
Silver Member

Thank you3

Activity
0%

Australia

6165.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

gold stinger
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2010, 05:38:06 am »
Go Up Go Down

Nice thread, I think poeple would leave markers in some situations. IF hiding a hord you may want a marker or two so you can find the the X spot, especially after the stagecoach type of robbery.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9034.msg99993.html#msg99993

The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2011, 01:41:04 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by goldnboy
Nice thread, I think poeple would leave markers in some situations. IF hiding a hord you may want a marker or two so you can find the the X spot, especially after the stagecoach type of robbery.

This is an old thread with validity today so I am adding this to bump it up again. For the new treasure seeker, read the first post through to the last.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9034.msg195834.html#msg195834

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline casca
Bronze Member

some where else.
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2245.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Pioneer 202 Bounty Hunter, cen-tech pinpointer, Chicago Tools 43150.
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2011, 02:19:10 pm »
Go Up Go Down

This is a absolutely must read. What makes me crazy is post about tree carvings. The second is Yashimoto Treasure. I just dont get it. I will share this little bit with you.

I live in a area that has lost treasure. Its documented and a part of History. I read everything I can about The Lost Padre La Rue mine. Also the Victorio Peak comes to mind also, which is a pile in itself.

The area is known for minerals, and if you want to see trails with markers and signs. I have posted a few. The real treasure was learning about the people who were here before us. This area has been searched by many. A few finds have been noted and some that havent.

But I learned 200 years ago they used things like backstaffs, and sextants working off a meridian for navigation and laying out acreage. They were very educated. You can see their lifestyles in some of the artwork I call it. But the trail is there to show you something, not mark the spot. I do believe the edge of the trail is a good place to look.

People back then were also superstitious.

I do know for the last few thousand years this area has had people in it. So to not find something would suggest it has been destroyed. But they traded in blankets and corn back then. Silver was used, but gold probably was not except by a few. Mines were no more than open pits. Sorry, no spark plugs in a rock buried a mile under the ground, lol.

If you just think about how people lived back then. The struggles, to eat and have water, then go off to work. Realize there were no Walmarts handy, nor doctors, and life was dangerous.Kind of makes that trail sign something really special, but not so special that gold is here. More like water or game.

Do we have semi secret society's that exist and use signs. Yes we do. Masons come to mind. The military and religious aspects of our lives also use signs and symbols. So could it be we are seeing these types of signs. I think so.

But when I come across Pancho Villas face painted perfectly on a rock while chasing a old trail up a mountain, my heart beats just a little faster. Of course using what has been said here I quickly discount it as a hoax.

Now I did figure out a trail the other day. Problem was, I had already found what was buried there months before. I just used my eyes and followed the trail on the ground. No markers or signs lol. Off the side of the trail was a dry spring. The dry spring was covered with small rock chips......to end this. I found a small flat stone 18" in the Shape of a heart. Some would say that is a map, or a marker. I tell you what it is, buried back in the hole for another 200 years lol.

I also found a hidden chamber behind a obvious marker near the same area. It was empty. It had been found a long time ago and then covered up and marked as a dummy entrance. The signs they wanted you to follow took you the other way. I found this not by signs, but by exploring just off the trail.

I have documented these two examples very well. I enjoy going out and finding the stuff left behind. I am more than happy to share photos if anyone is interested. But the real work has just begun as I need to figure out why all the trouble when I found it so easily. I use signs to verify what I have found. Never signs to find stuff. Guess Im backwards that way.

I spent the summer with a page out of Kenworthys book of signs. I located as many as I could. I have a Noah's ark of animals on my computer. I also found other shapes such as bells, triangles, and the such. I noticed the same measurements over and over again between markers. Just eyeballed it, no fancy electronics needed. When I stepped on a rattle snake and realized it would have required Search and Rescue to come get me I realized my folly. I wasnt bitten, but I sure broke some land speed records as it was a tight area.

But no gold. Maybe some raw silver ore. Lots of good pictures, and fresh air. But no gold.

I hope this post saves at least one person from wasting quality time with family and hard earned cash on a treasure search as he found a turtle on a rock. Im semi retired and the wife dont let have money so Im free to do what I want. Just dont put yourself in harms way.

I would love to take Golddiger up on his offer, but I will have to armchair it as Im not getting a passpost. I dont fly. I spend too much time on here lol.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9034.msg195898.html#msg195898

The more I learn, the less I know.

The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2011, 03:00:42 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by casca
But I learned 200 years ago they used things like backstaffs, and sextants working off a meridian for navigation and laying out acreage. They were very educated. You can see their lifestyles in some of the artwork I call it. But the trail is there to show you something, not mark the spot. I do believe the edge of the trail is a good place to look.

Your insights and contribution to this thread are magnificent, Casca. You're correct to point out that most signs in the wilderness from hundreds of years ago are mere markers pointing towards forgotten places which were important in the day. Today, we see brass metal plate bench marks placed all over the USA. Everyone I know in this hobby knows what they are. In 300 years time, when GPS is accurate to a single millimeter, who will tell the treasure hunters that the "BM" initials with an "X" embedded in rock are not pointing to treasure?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9034.msg195905.html#msg195905

« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 04:09:39 pm by GoldDigger1950 »

Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline ArfieBoy
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you294

Activity
1%
Male
United States

16031.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Compass X-70; Compass X-200; Compass Coin Scanner Pro II; Whites Coinmaster 2/DB Series 2
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2011, 04:01:55 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Excellent subject, GD1950!  I very heartily agree with your first post on this thread, and many of the other posts subsequent to yours!  I have often had many of the same thoughts about hurried burial following a robbery, maps drawn by outlaws on deathbeds,etc., etc. , etc.!  I can understand someone not being able to recognize a site after not having been there for a few years because I've had it happen to me.  Well put my friend and well thought out!  Thank you for posting it.   Great

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9034.msg195914.html#msg195914

ArfieBoy

Government can not give anything to anyone...  without first taking it from someone else!

Print
Pages:  1 2 3   Go Up
Jump to: