[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline blue427
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United Kingdom
Referrals: 0

25.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Xp Gold Max Power , Minelab Explorer II
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2010, 09:53:44 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Mike ,

I was looking at the various Fisher offerings when I was looking to buy so do not have a F5 sorry but ended up with a XP Goldmax Power and a Minelab Explorer II . Two very different machines . I have still been looking to try a Fisher F75 or a Technetics T2 .

Cheers

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4606.msg117471.html#msg117471

Offline elliotboney
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

5.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher F5, Ace 250
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2010, 10:30:22 pm »
Go Up Go Down

i love my f5, had it about a week and found a lot of coins, still working out the perfect harmony of gain and thresh

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4606.msg119722.html#msg119722

Offline walking-dude
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

15.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Whites coinmaster 6000 & Fisher F5
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2010, 03:56:55 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I purchased an F5 this summer and I like the interface and controls.  However, I have a little germ of discontent that gnaws at me.  I hunted for years with a Whites Coinmaster 6000 and found a lot of old stuff.  I believe the oldest was a 1893 S Barber dime.  I used the F5 for a couple of months and have not yet found silver.

I checked the depth in my coin garden and it seems erratic.  It will sometimes hit at six inches and deeper then sometimes not a peep.  I am wondering if any of you have used the F5 and what kind of depth you get on a regular basis.  Does the F5 have the sensitivity of the corresponding White and Garrett models.  I loved my Whites and was going to purchase a matrix, then a dealer in Ogden, Utah talked me into the Fisher, not sure I am completely happy.  Any of you coin shooters have any experiences with the F5.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4606.msg130302.html#msg130302

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2010, 07:15:45 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by walking-dude
I purchased an F5 this summer and I like the interface and controls.  However, I have a little germ of discontent that gnaws at me.  I hunted for years with a Whites Coinmaster 6000 and found a lot of old stuff.  I believe the oldest was a 1893 S Barber dime.  I used the F5 for a couple of months and have not yet found silver.

I checked the depth in my coin garden and it seems erratic.  It will sometimes hit at six inches and deeper then sometimes not a peep.  I am wondering if any of you have used the F5 and what kind of depth you get on a regular basis.  Does the F5 have the sensitivity of the corresponding White and Garrett models.  I loved my Whites and was going to purchase a matrix, then a dealer in Ogden, Utah talked me into the Fisher, not sure I am completely happy.  Any of you coin shooters have any experiences with the F5.

Try turning your sensitivity down, not up. Remove all discrimination and run it over your test garden again.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4606.msg130339.html#msg130339

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline bobby bridge
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

235.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher F 5
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2010, 05:29:39 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I got my F 5 in the spring and I did about 2 months of research before I bought it, at first I was sold on the ace 250 as that was were my budget was at, but the more I studied the more money I manged to save up and the more I learned what was gonna fit me in a $500 mid range. That was my limit. Well the F5 had me hook line and sinker.
Only thing now was to convince the wife! She was expecting me to spend only $300 My way up to the F5 was to say I had a detector when I was a kid and knew what would fit me and if got the Ace I would only wanna up grade later and that would only cost more money.
Anyway I am still very happy with it!!! I got it mail order with a great package to boot. Deepest coin was a nickle at about 8" and a dime at around the same that came in I think at 72, it was very faint on tone #4 but it was right and I recovered it.
Slight learning curve but there is so much info out there it's not hard with practice to learn. Oh ya im still learning every time I go out!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4606.msg132547.html#msg132547

Be safe out there folks.

Offline richsls
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Canada

65.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2010, 01:34:59 pm »
Go Up Go Down

It's a GREAT unit!  Highly underrated by some!
Anyone tried the 11" coil for it?  Hoping someone has and gives us a report!
... best of the season.... Waveing... Rich

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4606.msg132925.html#msg132925

Offline dboy1980
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

65.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

fisher f5
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2011, 04:40:44 pm »
Go Up Go Down

i also have a f5 for about a week now and ive found 3 mercury`s....1943-d, 1942 and a 1921, 1942 silver washington, silver ring and a 6 x 3 old lock box with nothing but clay in it Sad but still fun to find Smiley happy hunting

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4606.msg170551.html#msg170551

Print
Pages:  1 2 3    Go Up
Jump to: