[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline zul32Topic starter
Knight
Silver Member

Thank you31

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

2365.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett AT Pro
« on: January 06, 2013, 11:05:26 am »
Go Up Go Down

I went last Thursday to a local auction. It appeared that perhaps they have an agreement with one of those storage places and clean them out when people don't pay for their units - that people never end up picking up from an auction. Just speculating here.
Anyway, I was the low (and only bidder) on these items...
1) Three NFL New England Patriots rubber bouncy balls - blow up to about 12-16" - this is kind of a fun story in itself. I love to drink hot Mocha Lattes at my favorite coffee shop. The owner of the place is a big Patriots fan.. so, I immediately thought of him when these came up for auction and bartered one of them for my morning mocha and one of the employees there did it in a heartbeat for me! So, we both got a good deal out of it. So, with one gone, I now have these two left. Any Patriots fans out there want to buy one (or both)?

2) Wicker ducks - these will make a great White-Elephant gift at our next Christmas party next year!   Cheesy

3) Sports cards - I found out (after buying these) that there's a coworker that collects the cards, so lucking I'm not losing money on these. They're from the 80's - 90's and I'm guessing worth around $30 but only bought them for $5!

4) Horse collar - My wife rides horses at a barn (English-style hunter/jumper) so I thought that the owner of the barn would love to have this as a nice decorative piece.. and she is very interested! I just need to drop it off to her.

Overall my wife thinks now that I'm bidding on all the white-trash finds, but sometimes you get pretty good deals on these things. All the coins they had there were going for twice, sometimes 3x what you'd pay on eBay for them, so I never had a chance on any of them for a reasonable price.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,45573.msg247084.html#msg247084

There are 4 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

horsecollar.jpg
patsballs.jpg
sportscards.jpg
wickerducks.jpg

2017 Find count
Penny- 300