[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline poptopTopic starter
Silver Member

Wait for the beep!
Thank you45

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

3000.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

ADSIII, ACE 250
« on: November 15, 2011, 09:19:42 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I can't stand it! I guess I'm hooked. I'm a junk coin junkie. leaving work in the evening, I look to the west to see how much sky remains between the sun and the horizon. Then I scurry to the old ball field as the sun disappears. I have been hunting some pretty trashy yards and haven't found a coin in days...
that reminds me... Homefire! I now have a hubcap! Does that make me a prospector?

Before dark I finally have a quarter and several pennies to show for my effort. I feel vindicated!

now I have a question about the 11 inch coil that came with my ADS III. When would you use this thing and where, what targets? I have already read that it will find things deeper than I am probably willing to go. I have not mounted it yet; anybody use one of these?

Poptop!

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28520.msg201616.html#msg201616

“Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”  ― Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Silver Member

Wait for the beep!
Thank you45

Activity
0%
Male
United States

3000.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

ADSIII, ACE 250
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2011, 01:40:45 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Anyone have input about using the 11 inch coil on the old ADS machines? Reviews? Opinions?
Thanks.
Poptop

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28520.msg201739.html#msg201739

“Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”  ― Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2011, 02:10:59 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Yep, you got the bug bad!   LOL

I have a ADS (One of the First ones)  .     You should look around and see if you can get the 7 or 8" coil for it.

That one is going to get heavy fast.

Coin getter for sure but that large of a coil, I think your going to be missing some small jewelry items.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28520.msg201741.html#msg201741

Offline ArfieBoy
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you294

Activity
1%
Male
United States

16031.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Compass X-70; Compass X-200; Compass Coin Scanner Pro II; Whites Coinmaster 2/DB Series 2
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2011, 08:25:13 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hey, Poptop.  Congratulations on your hubcap! (?)  Now you can go gold panning! 

I wish I could tell you something about the ADS  11 inch coil, but I have never used one of them (detector or coil).  What size coil are you running on your ADS now?  From my experience with large coils, unless you are looking for something fairly large and deep you don't really need it for coinshooting.  Like Homefire says, you will miss a lot of smaller coins and gold and silver jewelry with the big coil.

Good luck!    Detecting

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28520.msg201791.html#msg201791

ArfieBoy

Government can not give anything to anyone...  without first taking it from someone else!

Silver Member

Wait for the beep!
Thank you45

Activity
0%
Male
United States

3000.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

ADSIII, ACE 250
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2011, 09:47:11 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello homefire, arfieboy, thanks for posting! Yeah, the coil that is mounted is 6 1/2 to 7 inches, and swinging that puts a cramp in my neck. You were right about the batteries, new ones straightened things out in a hurry. I am truly amazed at how well it centers up on target. part of my 'game' is to cut a 3 inch plug and see how close to the center the target is... then it winds up being 6 to 8 inches deep and I look like a monkey in a coconut trap. just thought it would be a hoot to try the big coil out once. maybe I'll adapt it to a baby carriage.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28520.msg201796.html#msg201796

Silver Member

Wait for the beep!
Thank you45

Activity
0%
Male
United States

3000.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

ADSIII, ACE 250
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2012, 09:37:10 pm »
Go Up Go Down

finally have a weekend free and the weather is lining up for a mild afternoon. Several yards lined up where the houses were torn down, Tomorrow might be a really good day.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28520.msg211021.html#msg211021

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

happy.jpg

Offline ArfieBoy
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you294

Activity
1%
Male
United States

16031.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Compass X-70; Compass X-200; Compass Coin Scanner Pro II; Whites Coinmaster 2/DB Series 2
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2012, 11:34:20 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Good luck!  I hope tomorrow pays off big for you!           Detecting

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28520.msg211023.html#msg211023

ArfieBoy

Government can not give anything to anyone...  without first taking it from someone else!

Silver Member

Wait for the beep!
Thank you45

Activity
0%
Male
United States

3000.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

ADSIII, ACE 250
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2012, 07:37:01 am »
Go Up Go Down

well, that was then, this is now. I pretty well summed up that weekend on another thread. This week I have added a magnetic sweeper to my bag of tricks. If the temp comes up and the wind dies down, I will clear the iron and see whats left.

Posted on: January 22, 2012, 07:33:57 AM
this will be a good chance to put the big coil on the ADS. I am going to do more raking than swinging.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28520.msg211611.html#msg211611

Silver Member

Wait for the beep!
Thank you45

Activity
0%
Male
United States

3000.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

ADSIII, ACE 250
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2012, 10:38:09 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Day is done, gone the sun. worked about 400 sq. foot of ground this afternoon. mostly cleaning up iron to get a good clean area just to start. I looked over to the street and an old crown vic threw on the binders driving past, backed up and parked. Fellow I never met before that lives up the street saw my detectors and had to come over. He said he used to detect all around the area, but just walks and bikes now for his health. Nice guy, nice visit. I tried to encourage him to dust off his old Whites and show me a trick or two. I learned some just from the conversation. we'll see how it goes. I found a couple of coins and a copper wingnut...a good day.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28520.msg211659.html#msg211659

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: