[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline tybrandonTopic starter
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

30.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« on: July 22, 2012, 09:13:24 pm »
Go Up Go Down

So this should be a no brainer for most people out here... i looked into this subject and found some pretty interesting facts. Here is the interesting part. i found a map which actually displayed coordinates for his island. a few things went through my mind though. so im at the coordinates and there is nothing here, and then i realize that this map is from over 300 years ago. the amount of volcanic activity in this region has been substantial underwater in the past couple hundred years, hence the earthquakes in the area. so i did some calculations and found out that the island also supposedly laid directly on top of the split in tectonic plates. now either have 2 choices look north or look south. i decided to look north because of the way the current flows. you also have to remember technology wasnt that great 350 years ago so Kidd was bound to be a few degrees off. well what do you know i am smack dab on top of an island that is the same exact shape as the one on the map just a little further north than the given coordinates. now granted the island has no trees... if this is the island i would like credit for finding it... haha oh yah i am 19 and this took about 25 minutes so i might be wrong but it could be something to look into   Detecting Smiley ps i will only post exact coordinates if requested cuz i want to get credit

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,37200.msg228717.html#msg228717

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 10:44:51 am »
Go Up Go Down

So your a kid and spend 25 whole minutes looking on the internet to solve a mystery that 100's if not 1000's of researcher have spend years working on, and now you want credit? Credit for what? Being an know it all kid that is looking for 5 minutes of fame. Son you have a lot to learn about dealing with folks.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,37200.msg228739.html#msg228739

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Offline tybrandonTopic starter
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

30.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2012, 03:01:52 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Seldom why are you so stuck up? i may be 19 but im not a kid. my son is a kid. now on the other hand i am in the military and have extensive training due to my fathers exploits from the marines and raising me. i know navigation and also have some common sense which obviously you dont have while your sitting on here yourself acting like a know it all and deciding to call someone stupid that you know nothing about. oh yah and you also have not looked at the facts behind anything. so before you go around being a stuck up know it all why dont you try looking at the facts. and no it wouldnt be 5 minutes of fame it would be a lifetime. because if this is the treasure and i found it while no one else could... i myself would be a millionaire but not just a millionaire i would be THE millionaire who found Captain William Kidd's treasure after 350 years and 25 minutes of his time. no before you go running your mouth again i suggest you think twice and not give a halfass remark on something which you obviously know nothing

Posted on: July 23, 2012, 02:41:17 PM
look. just because you are a lonely old man who spent half of his life looking for something does not mean that you need to discourage everyone else that would like to give it a try. maybe you should look at the information given and think about what you say since my father himself joined the military in search for treasures and wasted his life searching finding only clues. now it was a map that he showed me 3 years ago before his death that i found this island. i did my correct calculations according to information i have done. i have used the coordinates marked on the actual map that Kidd had on his person when he died. it has been a family heirloom passed down in a family who still has the last name Kidd. now i have coordinates and a point on a map. the point on this map from Kidd himself lie on a tectonic plate. over 350 years the plates were bound to move. i took the direction of the ocean water current around the coordinates and the position and motion of the tectonic plates. i do not think that it is the actual island but if it is the yes i would like some if not all credit for MY FIND.
{alt} 

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,37200.msg228761.html#msg228761
http://www.thunting.com/smf/Themes/default/images/warnpmod.gif

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2012, 05:44:07 pm »
Go Up Go Down

You have no clue who any of us are so I will enlighten you. Several of us myself included are pro or part time  pro treasure hunters any of us have written books and articles about treasure hunting. Many of us have been hunting treasure and finding it for many years. So you showing up with you 19yo arrogant smart mouth ain't cutting it so you have been moderated for now.

If you get involved with some conversations and prove you do have an interest in treasure hunting and want to fit in I will lift the moderated level. But anymore name calling or disrespect to me or others will get you muted.

Seldom

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,37200.msg228783.html#msg228783

Offline au fever
Mod
Silver Member

Thank you84

Activity
0%

Australia

3950.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

whites MXT Pro , minelab GPX 4000
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2012, 05:50:31 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Buddy you have made a lot of assumptions , the only thing that will give you credibility on this subject is confirmation of a Treasure find , Kidd's Treasure . You are not the first to claim the where-abouts of Kidd's Treasure Island , so far no-one has produced the "goods" . Goodluck searching doubt you will find anything . cheers Mick

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,37200.msg228784.html#msg228784

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2012, 08:51:00 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by tybrandon
i found a map which actually displayed coordinates for his island.

This statement alone shows you are a poor researcher but you do seem to be have an interest and determination so you may go far if you stay with it.
You say you found a map with the  coordinates where did the map come from? What is the provenance on the map?

You also said in a PM that there was a Kidd map found in France that was proved to be real but in fact it was not proved real it was only proved to be on paper of the right age and ink of the right age, not that it was a map made by Kidd. I have in my collection a Bill of sale for a group of slaves from 1829, it would past the same test because the paper and ink is period but I know its a fake because I know who made it.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,37200.msg228794.html#msg228794

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2012, 09:16:45 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Cheesy

WoW!       That's all I can say to this guy.    LOL

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,37200.msg228796.html#msg228796

Offline George Edmunds
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United Kingdom

20.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Chrome 91.0.4472.114
Chrome 91.0.4472.114

Awards

Whites Surfmaster
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2021, 06:22:05 am »
Go Up Go Down

The trouble with people pursueing Kidd's treasure via his so-called treasure charts is they believe the charts are real. They are not, so all wasting a  lot of time and money. Read 'Anson's Gold'.The truth - who, what, when and why, is all in there.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,37200.msg333325.html#msg333325

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: