[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2010, 09:55:43 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I sure don't see anything Man Made.   Wise

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20377.msg134477.html#msg134477

Offline casca
Bronze Member

some where else.
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2245.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Pioneer 202 Bounty Hunter, cen-tech pinpointer, Chicago Tools 43150.
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2010, 10:41:09 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Pictures are killing you here. I know turtles and crosses means treasure. Hearts I have no idea. But if you really think these are signs wont hurt to look. know they are in a series of markers. here is a good primer on symbols.

Please Register or Login

http://petergill.webs.com/apps/forums/topics/show/3927142-spanish-symbols-and-buried-treasure-mines

This site has a few users, but lots of good info. Its free to sign up. Mr. Gill is from South Africa, and helps with other sites as well.

I would look in the direction the turtles eye is pointing, and try to figure out what one leg means. The cross is also a marker of sorts.

Good Luck

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20377.msg134494.html#msg134494

The more I learn, the less I know.

Offline EcraTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

30.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2010, 11:59:00 am »
Go Up Go Down

Here are some more photos from same area other things we found or different angles of the turtle.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20377.msg134622.html#msg134622

There are 5 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

treasure sign 2.jpg
treasure sign 3.jpg
treasure sign 6.jpg
treasure sign 7.jpg
treasure sign.jpg

Offline casca
Bronze Member

some where else.
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2245.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2010, 12:06:07 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Not seen markers like that before. If you have a detector, try running it around the base of the markers a few times. If you get nothing, change the settings to a negative numbers and see if you get any movement of your indicator. Dig deep if you do. Follow the signal if there is one. Good Luck

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20377.msg134628.html#msg134628

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2010, 01:23:46 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Cool Rocks!   Great

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20377.msg134638.html#msg134638

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you226

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2010, 04:26:58 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Ecra
Here are some more photos from same area other things we found or different angles of the turtle.

You can show 1000 pictures and you still have nothing but 1000 pictures of natural rock formations and stones.

Please, for the love of God, keep these things a secret so you can go and get your treasure. Seriously.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20377.msg134685.html#msg134685

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline casca
Bronze Member

some where else.
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2245.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2011, 07:07:12 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I ran into this today, you might find it helpful.

"The Spanish had trained "trail makers" solely responsible for making monuments; their full time job.  They marked every repeatable trail.  12-14 hours a day, 365 days a year; less religico and weather.  They were in there for 200 years.  Imagine....
They accomplished amazing feats. Moved huge rocks for miles.
They sometimes used odd colored rocks, or rocks brought from elsewhere to "catch" attention, then would be a marker close by.  They actually chipped some, but usually stacked rocks to look a special way.  Look for hearts (<3) as a monument or as a pointer.  A heart means gold at the end of the trail.  A 5 or V or circle of 5 dots could be silver".

Please Register or Login

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,136290.0.html

You'll have to read down the post, but you will find it there. I was surprised myself.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20377.msg135803.html#msg135803

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2011, 08:00:46 pm »
Go Up Go Down

casca we all agree that the Spanish left signs all over Mexico and the Southwest of the US but they were trail markers signs for water holes etc. not treasure signs. No where in the archives in Madrid or Mexico city is there any record of the Spanish using are leaving signs to treasure. The heart the turtle pointing to gold all are fabrication of early 20th century  dreamers. In 40 years of hunting and finding treasure I have yet to have a sign lead me to one for that matter I have yet to see a real treasure map. Signs and maps are two conman tools of the 1930's and 40's that will not go away.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20377.msg135808.html#msg135808

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Offline casca
Bronze Member

some where else.
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2245.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2011, 09:11:22 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Ty for the info, Im not trying to help someone sell a book. I found this info as a new guy very informative. I take more pictures, than dig for gold thats for sure. I thought this may help another guy who wanted to know about the symbols.

I know I cross post from other sites a lot. But theres a lot of regular joes like me who enjoy learning. I can quit posting if Im stepping on toes. I always try to promote the sport.

It seems when I get close to certain subjects it gets quiet. I am stumbling along the same stuff that has already been found before. Its the nuggets everyone walked over I want.

Gold and silver along with other things have been going through my area for at least 500 years of the written word. Even if one in ten of the con mans stories were true, it leads me to stay informed in case I ever come across a marker or cave.

I think that the guy who found a marker did great. That he moved it is tragic. But with the exploration or these areas, more are being destroyed every year.

Maybe next time Ecra finds a marker, he will take pictures, and maybe a gps.

I do believe there is some truth to even a lie.

I do believe there will be some finds in this area, either by accident, or a well trained person. Im not sure I would trust any old signs or markings unless they accompany a actual treasure.

But there is probably more nuggets that can be detected than placer gold panned. Detecting is a lot easier anyway. Treasure Troves are most likey buried so deep, they will never be found.

My fishing buddy from Hatch ran into a homeless guy walking the desert up by Caballo. They guy showed him gold nuggets. Said he found them laying on top of the ground. All this homeless guy did was walk the desert till he found enough nuggets. Sounds nutty I know, but my fishing buddy had no reason to lie.

My point is, if this guy wants to travel the el camino trail, who cares. All he wanted was info on the markers. I took your post to say there was no such thing. I find several post on here about scams and things being non-sense. But then I find lots of info on what people are looking for.

Are you gentlemen hiding something? Or are you too smart for everyone else? Look, its all about fun, and I applaud this site for being accurate, if not anal. Most people do not have your knowledge or experience, and ask for help in good faith. You shoot them down with off comments. Now who is sidestepping, who is the scam?

I dont have to believe in Spanish symbols, or any other form of treasure hunting to enjoy reading about history, and learning about other treasure hunters experiences.

You guys need to learn how to bake a pie. I may be new, but there is no excuse for bad manners. Make it a closed forum if your not looking for new input.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20377.msg135821.html#msg135821

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2011, 09:27:58 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Once again casca you are misreading what is being said. We are trying to keep you from making the same mistakes that many of us have made over the years. You ask me to remove you awhile back because people were arguing with you its because when you are told something are given advice and its not what you want to hear you become argumentative. You need to learn some matters on how to act in someone else house O and bring a pie.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20377.msg135827.html#msg135827

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Print
Pages:  1 2 3   Go Up
Jump to: