[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline BugarTopic starter
Silver Member

IF IT BEEPS=DIGIT
Thank you3

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

505.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Scorpion,Garrett Master Hunter,And Garrett Scorpion #2
« on: February 03, 2010, 10:19:25 am »
Go Up Go Down

Did you ever just set back and look at the new improved, super detectors, from the last models, they got fancy paint, decals, touch pads, backlights, programable,  OHH  SOOO much, very nice-you want fancy=they got it, I'm talking $1,000.00 and on up, many $$$$$$. this is nice, Iv'e been there, bought them, tried them, been given them, and  DANGIT, I can, and You can find the same with a single knob detector ( OHH  Jump on that) but when  you ask what program to put in the new improved detector to find what your'e hunting=they say  DIG IT ALL,  HUH?Huh?  how can this be, I spent many $$$ on this programable  ********* detector, HMMMM, could it be the operator- WELLL, think it out.
Few years back was detecting with my son, I was using a $1,000.00 detector, latest, from the factory, digital, had it all, He was using a WalMart $70.00 special he found in a storage shed, after a week of detecting for relics, we both had just about the same amount of stuff, and this was where some Iron ore/gravel actually laid upon the  rocky soil, yep folks, unless you hunting for somthing real special and need a specific detector, well for general detecting , like about all of us do, save your money, unless you just like the pretty stuff, I like pretty, but got my limits, so money wise, just think it out and investigate before the fancy decals and advertising get you in some money trouble, .
JUST A FEW WORDS FROM A GEEZER, WHO'S BEEN THERE,=DONE THAT
BUGAR

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11070.msg70868.html#msg70868

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

GO-RILLA (262 x 229).jpg

If It Beeps=DIGIT

Offline Alan Hassell
Bronze Member

Banned
Academics are Androids
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United Kingdom

2530.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 11:03:48 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hehehe manufactures are in the business of making money thats all hehehe they get their techo's to develop new fancy gizmo's that attract the gullible public into believing they have produced the ULTIMATE must have gizmo with all the knobs flashing L.E.D.s great meters large enough for a blind man to see lol.  Has all the latest ring tones on it so you might be able to tell whats underneath your coil hehehe. And yes they do put flashy stickers on em tooo.
But people forget that irrespective of all the gadjets they put on it all detectors have one major problem and that is depth because of the laws of physics they can only make a machine thats stable all the time they are restricted by how much power they can apply to it before it becomes unstable.  So you might ask why i still use my old Spectrum dating back to the 90's when there have been many new improvements.  Hmmm its only a tool and my ones paid for. Do I need anything better? Will it find me more finds.
A detector is only as good as the man thats using it in my opinion large hoards have been found with el cheepo machines as well as top of the line expensive ones.  If manufacturers didnt make new fancy machines they would of gone out of business long ago.
Today its called keeping up with technology its a sales pitch nothing more nothing less.  Remember you have to find a target and dig it before you can call it your own.  Horses for courses and some mothers do have me and ones born every day. But hey, thats progress for you. Take it or leave it.  A bad workman always blames his tools too.  Why not master the one youve already got?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11070.msg70872.html#msg70872

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 12:56:30 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Yep!

Like the Dumbing Down of America, they make them so simple to operated you can't!

I'll keep my Old Garrett S3 running as long as I can and find just a much as the new ones do taking my time.

Don't Need No Stinking Program other then the one between my Ears! Wise Wise

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11070.msg70892.html#msg70892

Offline oldcoon
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

410.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Tesoro, Nautilus and Whites.
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 02:42:56 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I used to run a old Garrett American S3 too.   Solid as a rock and steady.  I wish I still had it but the grandkids got hold of it.   I believe todays Ace 250 is the more modern successor to the S3.

I've gone through a lot of detectors over the years, and to be sure there are improvements, especially in the ground balance and discrimination areas, but the power, meaning depth penetration, seems to remain about the same.   I don't care if you are using a Bounty Hunter versus a Whites V3 you are going to get about the same depth.   Maybe the more expensive machine will cancel out mineralized ground better and most likely the discriminator is more accurate, but the V3 is going to tell you what's down there, or at least try to, and if that's important you you, go for it.

Now I have made it clear since I came here and am an old fuddy.    I started detecting in 1966, so you know I've seen a lot come and go.   I came into this hobby as a beep and dig guy and I am going to leave the same way.   Recently I decided to get back into the hobby after a number of years hiatus.   I went to a dealer who handles several brands, all the while figuring I was going to come away with a V3 or a Garrett's 2500.   I know this was going to be my last detector and I wanted to make sure it was a good one.   I looked at these more expensive machines, running air tests and handling, but I didn't feel comfortable with them.   The readout screens left me confused and I knew, basically, that's what I would be paying a lot extra for.  I kept going back to a third machine the guy put out for me and that's the one I left with, a Tesoro Vaquero.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11070.msg70920.html#msg70920

Offline old miner
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

125.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Xj9 pro vision
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2012, 11:41:29 pm »
Go Up Go Down

WOW now your talking i just got a Xj9 vision pro because after reading reviews it sounds pretty good and the price was good maybe not what some might want but ill let you know if its working out i should have it on the 26 and you can bet ill be out their for hours having a great time.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11070.msg237239.html#msg237239

Offline jhd
Bronze Member

Mood:Happy
Happy

Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1205.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Etrac, AT Pro, F75, Propointer, large industrial magnet on a rope.
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2012, 02:51:02 am »
Go Up Go Down

I made the jump to a better machine from my vintage Bounty Hunter 202. I am happy with my purchase of a slightly used Fisher F75. Im still learning it. I have run it side by side with my Bounty Hunter. Even had the same tones and factory preset on the F75. I could tell a different. I was calling coins and trash as it came out of the ground. The F75 when set properly has pretty good target id and Depth. The Bounty Hunter is a turn on a go machine. Yes both machines found the same items till about 7" depth, then the F75 would report items as deep as 16 inches. Since I was showing the wife how to set and use the Bounty Hunter, it was a quick hunt in a park.

The F75 produced some staples today. Im glad there was only two. The Bounty Hunter most likely would not have picked that up. Who wants staples anyway.

I hope they keep inventing. But yes a old VLF machines will do a good job. I especially enjoy the vdi and ground mineralization readings. I found a tone setting today that lets me go even deeper. Yes its gonna be a great year.

I will say one thing, and I hope the makers are listening. The old machines are shielded better, dont wobble, and work where the new machines wont. They need to add a little more shielding and better build design on the new machines for sure.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11070.msg237244.html#msg237244

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: