[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline scexplorerTopic starter
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

290.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

minelab sovereign, whites eagle ii sl,white's dfx
« on: October 07, 2010, 12:28:42 pm »
Go Up Go Down

hey everyone,

i know this is a silly question but thought i'd ask anyway. i primarily beach hunt here in south carolina because i don't know any relic/coinshooting areas around my area.
if anyone knows any sites anywhere in the state worth coinshooting or relic hunting please contact me. i'm also up for hunting with any detecting buddies on such sites throughout the state. if you have any ideas i'm in. would love to hit old farms, plowed fields, homesites, military skirmish sites, any place i can get a detector in basically.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18395.msg119170.html#msg119170

« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 01:08:16 pm by scexplorer »
Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 12:42:12 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hey scex
As the site where the first shots of the Civil War were fired, and as the first Southern state to succeed from the Union, South Carolina was a major player in the Civil War. With a little research you should find lots of places to start a relic hunt. I have not been to NC in some years but remember lots of abandoned home sites off the beaten path Talk to some old timers and  land owners they know where lots of sites are.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18395.msg119171.html#msg119171

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

290.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2010, 01:07:48 pm »
Go Up Go Down

seldom,

thanks for the info. i know about the history here but the most of the info i have found all leads to state parks - off limits or historical markers-also off limits. i have yet to find a site to search that is not historically marked or state owned. that is why i'm resorting to asking if anyone wants to actually share a known site. even a hunted out spot because i can't find any sites at all no matter what research i do.
also when it comes to free information in this state most people do not want to share. it really revolves around the almighty dollar here i'm ashamed to say. when it comes to certain things like metal detecting, fossil hunting, etc- hobbies that are shared between people in a lot of states, there is a  greed factor here that kicks in and a person has to work very, very hard to even find a friend or 2 who isn't looking to "cash in". there are people here that take people out on "excursions" to fossil sites and metal detecting sites. a few shrewd people who charge ridiculous prices to take you to absolutely hunted out areas. so you spend hundreds to look in an area that 200 people looked in before you.
i'm just trying to find a few honest people who love the hobby and want to share or want a hunting buddy to detect with without the almighty dollar being the first thing they think of. those people do exist, i'm just trying to find them in my state. anyone can reply and share to prove me wrong. i'll be the first to eat crow.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18395.msg119175.html#msg119175

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2010, 02:33:05 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Yeah I know what you mean its getting hard for new folks it get into many places. Hopefully someone will come along and give you a lead or to.
Good Luck

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18395.msg119199.html#msg119199

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

290.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2010, 04:04:12 pm »
Go Up Go Down

i'll keep researching but meanwhile maybe someone will want a hunting buddy. i could always hope.

i still have the beach areas,   i know them  extremely well and do well at detecting those areas. just want the option of a land area once i a while to mix it up. if not i'll be fine with the beaches. they have given up over an ounce of gold my past 2 hunts in the past week.i can't complain about that. happy hunting.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18395.msg119211.html#msg119211

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: