[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline oRoTopic starter
Silver Member

Gold is where it's left behind.
Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States
Referrals: 0

1190.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Infinium VibraProbe
« on: January 20, 2009, 08:57:10 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Nevada historical places that are no longer being put on maps.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2991.msg22226.html#msg22226

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

NV.pdf

Offline Eugene52
M.D. Electronic Builders Club
Gold Member

Mood:Happy
Happy

M.D. Electronic Builders Club
Thank you397

Activity
0%
Male
United States

17957.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Teknetics , Fisher , Discovery3300 and TIANXUN 19 kHz VLF Metal Detector
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2009, 02:44:23 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Thank-You for posting this 52 page PDF folder !!!!!! Nevada is over 110,000 square miles and ranks number 7 out of 50 states. I am in Southern Nevada and have been searching and looking for something close to home , where I can go to use my detector and maybe "Pan" a little . I know the northern part of Nevada has a bunch of places to go , I do not want to go up there because it is Cold !!!!............Anyway ,  You heard the old saying , Gold is where it has "ALREADY BEEN FOUND" !! That is true , but I also believe there are massive areas that have been overlooked or completely forgotten , such as ghost towns . Thank-You for the folder and maybe I will post areas in Nevada that have a Potential for a "RE-SEARCH" Shocked Shocked Idea Idea Idea Idea....................... Waveing.................... Wise Wise.............Eugene52

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2991.msg22592.html#msg22592

Let's Talk Treasure right here on Thunting.com

Offline oRoTopic starter
Silver Member

Gold is where it's left behind.
Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

1190.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Infinium VibraProbe
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2009, 03:12:47 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Eugene52, hope you can find a few places to hunt from my list. I will be making a gold location map for NV and will post here. There are so many I will probably split the state in several sections. I just read an account of a early trapper picking up diamonds and rubies off the ground. He was somewhere between old fort Mojave and where Searchlight/Pahrump is now. My guess is that he was following Plate Wash northward. He sold them in Sacramento CA I think.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2991.msg22598.html#msg22598

Offline Tazzy75
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

55.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher, White's MXT, Bounty Hunter
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2009, 12:37:19 am »
Go Up Go Down

come on up here Eugene 52, yep, it is cold,ha ha.  and yes, you are right, there are several old GT around, that have
literally been picked to pieces. It has lots of places to hunt from old stories and such, but you better bring your
camper,and enough food to survive.  These places are so far out from anywhere, it wouldn't pay you to just "travel" for a day. We had the "thrill" of visiting Tuscarora. We didn't think anyone lived there, guess what, there are several
people that still live there.  We went the back road, from  Carlin, NV, got hung up in snow, had to chain up turn around and go home.  The following week. we went to Elko, thru Mountain City Hwy to Tuscarora.  We got to see the town, but from old "stories", most of that activity went on just in the town. And it is very interesting.
There is a GT called Hamiliton.  Another road, you can get buried in..  It is close to Ilipah Res.  We went up there last summer. We 4 wheeled it thru the town, it has several open mining holes, so you need to be careful. Very interesting, saw about 6 other THers. Metal detected all day, then in the evening, you can take your fishing pole to the res. and fish.  This is an excellent place to spend a week.  They have porta potties, picnic areas. a nice place to go. I assume, ha ha, you know what assuming does, but I think you might live in Vegas, have you tried Red Rock?  Tazzy 75

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2991.msg29028.html#msg29028

Offline solarliving
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

80.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Whites Eagle II
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2011, 05:48:26 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi there,
Hey Eugene 52 I live in Las Vegas, NV.  I have not been able to go out with my Eagle II metal detector yet because of freedom restraint but Im chomping at the bit. I am seriously eyeballing this one dryriver bed going into lakemead called temple bar , and also around serchlight. let me know if your still on this site.
Earl

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2991.msg155676.html#msg155676

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: