[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.

Pages:  1 2 3   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Dell_WindersTopic starter
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Referrals: 0

2355.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2006, 08:34:52 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Thank you very much. Show business has been a part of my life and I am very grateful for that experience. All that feels as if it were in  another life time.

No, nobody guessed that I was a Porpoise (Dolphin) trainer. I later appeared on the New, What's line, as an Alligator wrestler, and brought a 7 footer to the studio to demonstrate. He got loose from the handler, crashed thru a giant projection screen, and the rukus  back stage could be heard throughout the studio and audience while I was being interviewed on camera.

During the sixties & seventies,  I made appearances as a personality,or with animals,  on  probably fifty or more TV shows. To Tell the Truth, Capt. Kangaroo (13) times, Johnny Carson, Merv Griffin (3) times,  Mike Douglas (3) times, Sonny FoX, Pixann, Let's take a trip, to name a few. Later, I was signed  to portrait Johnny Weismueller, in his life story,  and to be the next Tarzan, except for a dispute over gift & souviner items by the family of Edgar Rice Burroughs.

I met many, and  actually worked with, and became friends with some of the famous  Singers, entertainers, celebrities and movie stars of that period, including Grace Kelly, before she became Princess Grace on Monaco.

It was quite a dramatic change of lifestyle for an uneducated Hillbilly bumpkin from the Kentucky woods, who ran around bare footed a lot because I couldn't find shoes for my size 16 feet.

I  feel very fortunate, and blessed to have been allowed to participate in many different  lifestyle adventures during this lifetime, and survive.  Dell

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,296.msg8674.html#msg8674

« Last Edit: December 16, 2006, 08:45:57 am by Dell_Winders »

"WHAT HAS BEEN DONE, CAN BE DONE"

Offline dr.dtector
GET OFF MY PROPERTY
Gold Member

FALSE CAUSE A BANANA DONT HAVE A BACKBONE
GET OFF MY PROPERTY
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

20.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

minelab
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2006, 02:29:36 am »
Go Up Go Down

amazing!~grace kelly...all those folks. what an honor it is to be sitting here typing to you.i'm a hillbillyboy myself living at the foothills of the appalachains in southwestern pennsyltucky(pa.) Grin your life has been truely amazing so far~i hope you have many many more years of it! Grin

thanx for joining a very unique,great bunch of people here.& that wonderful intro.

happydirtfishing! Grin

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,296.msg8692.html#msg8692

BEEP BEEP BEEPBEEP BEEP BEEP BEEPBEEP BEEP BEEP BEEPBEEP BEEP BEEP BEEPBEEP BEEP BEEP BEEPBEEP BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Offline Dean
Silver Member

Robin Hood was the 1st Commie
Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

5897.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

T2
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2006, 06:24:11 am »
Go Up Go Down

THats Great..I worked in film for 11 years until it slowed down in Toronto.
I have about 30 signed 8X10s of actors I worked with and liked..

DEan

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,296.msg8696.html#msg8696

Offline Goldfinger
Silver Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

370.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Gold Bug 2
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2006, 10:57:34 am »
Go Up Go Down

WOW!!!! How in the world does anyone  wind up as a porpoise trainer? What an interesting proffession.

Steve

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,296.msg8720.html#msg8720

Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male

2355.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2006, 01:50:43 pm »
Go Up Go Down

When you come from poverty and don't know anything else, there aren't many choices of  what you can do and  life is pretty much  governed by circumstances. I quit school when turned 13. Being very shy and unable to relate with people didn't help, so my friends were always nature and animals which I could love and relate to.

Without going into detail, before the Army drafted me, I was being groomed to become the next heavyweight boxing champion with my public debut planned for the Ed Sullivan show in January 1954. One of my sponsers was Sammy Snead, the golfer.

Near the end of my Army term I got married. After Discharge I went to work at a stables with my first love, horses, and following the race tracks. The stable forman was a drunkard and was fired. I asked for the job.They asked me if I could drive a tractor-trailer, and I said yes, and got the job. If they had asked me if I had ever driven a tractor-trailer, I would have to had said no. I had no experience with big rigs, whatsoever

Anyway, they required me to Winter the horses on their farm in Silver Creek, Nebraska. When my wife and I  arrived there and experienced the freezing wind blowing across a lonesome  pararie, I didn't see much future. 

We had almost enough money for gas to make it to Florida, and the front wheel bearings wore out and the front wheels literally dropped off the car when we arrived.  After 6 months of hardship, I contacted Sammy Snead,  and asked for help. He was an investor in the new Miami Sequarium, that was to be opened soon, and he arranged for me to get a job there in 1956 for $1 an hour. That's where I became acquainted with Porpoise(dolphins) and Marine life. I  became a protege of Adolph Frohn, the first trainer of porpoise at Marine Studios, St Augustine, Fl.

I was later hired to create the shows for a new inland multi-million dollar Marine attraction in Philadelpha, Pa, called Aquarama. Several of my staff went on to become aquatic annimal trainers of other marine attractions that were opening around the world. I went on my own, performing aquatic animal shows and exhibits across the country under the  company name,  Universal Animal Attractions, featured Dell's Dolphins, and the Flipper II show, and served as a consultant, supplied trained animals to other attractions, movies, and TV shows.

I was contracted to go to  Buena Park, California to create the greatest acquatic show in the world for the Japanese Deer park, then owned by Alan Parkinson. With Power and Greed, the man took everything my wife and I had worked for and left us stranded and inpoverished.

I'm still governed by circumstance, but it has been a fantastic learning experience that I would not trade. I figure the only thing I might possible be able to take with me when die will be my knowledge. And I love learning.  Dell

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,296.msg8908.html#msg8908

« Last Edit: December 22, 2006, 12:53:22 pm by Dell_Winders »

Offline dr.dtector
GET OFF MY PROPERTY
Gold Member

FALSE CAUSE A BANANA DONT HAVE A BACKBONE
GET OFF MY PROPERTY
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

20.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

minelab
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2006, 02:48:26 pm »
Go Up Go Down

AMAZING DELL! Grin

PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO POST ABOUT ANYTHING.I AM ALL EARS. Grin

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,296.msg8916.html#msg8916

BEEP BEEP BEEPBEEP BEEP BEEP BEEPBEEP BEEP BEEP BEEPBEEP BEEP BEEP BEEPBEEP BEEP BEEP BEEPBEEP BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male

2355.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2006, 10:50:01 am »
Go Up Go Down

DELL & CROCODILE

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,296.msg9461.html#msg9461

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

croc.jpg

« Last Edit: December 22, 2006, 10:58:44 am by Dell_Winders »

Offline Goldfinger
Silver Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

370.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Gold Bug 2
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2006, 12:07:08 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Amazing!!! Grin Grin Grin

Steve

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,296.msg9465.html#msg9465

Offline outback
Internet Pirate
Gold Member

Internet Pirate
Thank you11

Activity
0%
Male
Canada
Referrals: 9

1555.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

Tesoro Cibola
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2006, 12:10:30 pm »
Go Up Go Down

you kinda look like Steve Irwin The Crocodile hunter

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,296.msg9466.html#msg9466

Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male

2355.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2006, 05:29:23 pm »
Go Up Go Down

{alt}

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,296.msg9835.html#msg9835
http://www.treasureamerica.com/photo/Christmas.jpg

Print
Pages:  1 2 3   Go Up
Jump to:  
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.