[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.

Pages:  1 2    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline adacanTopic starter
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Canada
Referrals: 0

30.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2011, 10:04:22 pm »
Go Up Go Down

yera its pretty sweet out here, theres a big festival going on at Cates park this weekend so might be work running the dfetector over there mon or tue after work in the evening

Come to think of it anyoenknow any good places a guy cha check out i heading to galiiano first week of aug for a week thers a historical site just off where we are going to stay
Dionisio Point Provincial Park

History
The arrival of Spanish explorer Captain Dionisio Alcala Galiano and his ship Sutil in 1792 marked the European discovery of the Gulf Islands. The name Dionisio Point first appeared on a British surveying chart around 1859. From the early 1900s to the 1960s the area was a summer camping spot for commercial inshore fishing families from Vancouver Island. Many of the descendants of these families still use Dionisio Point today, and have assisted with the management of the park.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,26326.msg186066.html#msg186066

« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 10:17:51 pm by adacan »
Offline Ace of spades
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Canada

210.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

none yet
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2011, 06:05:59 am »
Go Up Go Down

Cates park holy crap there is a name I havent heard in a while. My mom use to take me as a kid hunting crabs there! If ya find any coins from about 1976-1990 good chance I dropped it lmfao. Ya Galiano would be good I think, I have been there numerous times I have a uncle with a huge cottage on there. Try detecting on the other side of the island on that beach but I cant remeber the name of it. See if the lady who has thast little bar/cafe up the hill from the ferry dock will let ya its a old place and untouched. Man im jealous.  Amen

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,26326.msg186103.html#msg186103

Offline adacanTopic starter
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Canada

30.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2011, 09:57:31 am »
Go Up Go Down

yea i will do that,  old cafe hmm trying to think the name of it i know the one you are talking about though... yea where we go there tons of people go in and out of there a year.. especially there was a crew or archaeologist out there  staying at the camp site we where and where  doing searches just off the point where we where, from California..
i am currently checking out old slumachs   mine in the upper Pitt lake area,  i use to hunt and fish up there all the time and know 2 people that have actually found the rock formation of a tent  in the third valley in bute inlet.. so i been reading up on that might figure out if its worth  heading up that way.. one day.. one day..

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,26326.msg186119.html#msg186119

Print
Pages:  1 2    Go Up
Jump to:  
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.