[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.

Pages:  1 2 3   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline xavier
Platin Member

From a rainy Brussels
Thank you166

Activity
0%
Male
Belgium
Referrals: 0

32206.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2009, 04:27:12 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi GD

So would that be like some people can bend spoons and some can?t? Or is it some thing that works and that can be learned by any one?
I will try this dowsing thing. In the morning I will bury a gold ring and see what goes

Best regards
Xavier 

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10027.msg63976.html#msg63976

Xavier

So many questions so little time

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you226

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2009, 07:40:09 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by xavier
Hi GD

So would that be like some people can bend spoons and some can?t? Or is it some thing that works and that can be learned by any one?
I will try this dowsing thing. In the morning I will bury a gold ring and see what goes

Best regards
Xavier 

Some people swear by dowsing and others are non-believers. I fall into the "maybe" category but like all other flights of fancy, I need proof, not hysterical conjecture that something works.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10027.msg64000.html#msg64000

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline xavier
Platin Member

From a rainy Brussels
Thank you166

Activity
0%
Male
Belgium

32206.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2009, 04:05:54 am »
Go Up Go Down

I totally agree with you there GD I?m also a man of scientific proof but I tend to like to have my own proof too just like with my coils. I have found a new design that I will test in the new year and if it works as well in the field as on the bench then I will post it. Thanks for all the info

Have a good one

Xavier

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10027.msg64022.html#msg64022

Xavier

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you226

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2009, 05:20:21 am »
Go Up Go Down

I totally agree with you there GD I?m also a man of scientific proof but I tend to like to have my own proof too just like with my coils. I have found a new design that I will test in the new year and if it works as well in the field as on the bench then I will post it. Thanks for all the info

Have a good one

Xavier

This is spooky, mate. I just finished a design for a quadrature detection coil for an experimental machine of mine. It has four transmit coils and one large receive coil. I'll be winding it while the weather here is in the high zone and have it ready probably by New Year's Day for testing. I might post the results here if I don't totally embarrass myself by having it fail. You know how that goes.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10027.msg64026.html#msg64026

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline xavier
Platin Member

From a rainy Brussels
Thank you166

Activity
0%
Male
Belgium

32206.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2009, 08:03:44 am »
Go Up Go Down

Grin Grin I  sure do ?. How many times I thoght that I had something good going and it turned out to be a flop when doing field testing MAN the rubish bin is full of it  Grin My coil design is based on the double D type coils but with an extra coil in the centre. I don?t want to say more right now before doing any testing. I like what you said about your new coil as I had an idea of making a three dimensional coil what I mean by that is having three reception coils and one transmit coil but never made it perhaps I will once I get more wire to play with.

Best regards
Xavier

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10027.msg64032.html#msg64032

Xavier

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you226

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2009, 10:42:57 am »
Go Up Go Down

Grin Grin I  sure do ?. How many times I thoght that I had something good going and it turned out to be a flop when doing field testing MAN the rubish bin is full of it  Grin My coil design is based on the double D type coils but with an extra coil in the centre. I don?t want to say more right now before doing any testing. I like what you said about your new coil as I had an idea of making a three dimensional coil what I mean by that is having three reception coils and one transmit coil but never made it perhaps I will once I get more wire to play with.

Best regards
Xavier

Maybe we should start a mad scientist club here! We could send "Igor" out for more wire as we look skyward with up-stretched arms and utter, "More wire! Must have more wire!"

I've got 4 small transmit coils all on an offset plane from each other focused at a point below the receiver coil. The offset is variable for now so I can experiment with tilt and see the returns.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10027.msg64043.html#msg64043

Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline xavier
Platin Member

From a rainy Brussels
Thank you166

Activity
0%
Male
Belgium

32206.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2009, 03:58:49 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hey good plan so you can do a focus just like a microscope or a parabolic dish you will have to adjust the angle for depth focusing on one point and amplifying the return frequency you could produce an image from it too (I guess). Wire please give me more wire you dam right about the mad scientist thing but then that?s how great things were discovered like the transistor and who knows you might just become rich and famous and we do have the right to dream it is Christmas.  Wink

Have a nice Christmas
Xavier

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10027.msg64070.html#msg64070

Xavier

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you226

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2009, 05:02:38 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Yes, exactly. I intend to use it as 4 individually transmitted pulses being received to pinpoint a target. Ordinary use will be all four firing at once but pinpointing will take two at a time or 1 at a time to increase resolution on the target. That's the theory, anyway. No guarantees but the fun is in the experimenting. Eventually I want to couple this to an X pattern of high intensity LEDs on the coil as long as they don't use excessive power. When you move it so the middle LED is lit, you have the target in the exact center.

As to getting a 3D image, that, in my opinion, would need at least 32 transmit coils. Signal analysis will tell me more. Fingers crossed.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10027.msg64085.html#msg64085

Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline xavier
Platin Member

From a rainy Brussels
Thank you166

Activity
0%
Male
Belgium

32206.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2009, 05:22:07 pm »
Go Up Go Down

But if you use a micro controller you could do an analysis of the frequency shift or strength then produce an image or am I going in the wrong direction? What I think is if you analyze the frequency strength as the coil passes over the object (like a scanner) get all the data in memory then analyze it you should be able to produce an image(I think)

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10027.msg64094.html#msg64094

Xavier

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you226

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2009, 08:07:49 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Xavier, I don't think that 4 returns are enough to get an accurate image. Just a blob is all. You'd need a minimum of 32 based on the pixel to eye ratio to get a visual. That 32 matches the resolution of desktop icons which can be clearly discerned. With 32 target returns to analyze, the microcontroller will be able to do the job just fine. With 4, no chance. The best I can hope for is a very good pin-pointer from the analysis.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10027.msg64120.html#msg64120

Let's Talk Treasure!

Print
Pages:  1 2 3   Go Up
Jump to:  
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.