[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline GozzoTopic starter
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
Australia
Referrals: 0

740.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett AT Gold, Whites GMT GoldMaster E - Series, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Grand Master Hunter cx11 (dead ), Garrett Ace 350  , Cen- Tech Hand Held
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2012, 03:32:56 am »
Go Up Go Down

You know how some people salivate, at the sight of certain foods? Well that yellow stuff, especially pieces that size seems to have the same effect on me  Kiss  Kiss  Kiss . But cant say i have ever seen to much of it in the wild.  Cry . I went to an old goldfield just outside Leyburn in Qld once. I took my old ADS, and old mate brought along a couple of gold pans. After a few hours detecting in the water of the creek we were at, I was ready to give up with disgust. My friend had really just taken me there to show me where it was and was more interested in drinking beer, as that was all he had done all day. I said to him " You sure there's any gold round here, or are you yanking my chain "? "yeah " came a fast reply next thing you know he is by the creek pans in hand and proceeds to tell me I would have more luck with one of those. He gives me a quick lesson on it's use, then left me to it. After an hour of me trying, and him calling instructions from his shady spot on the bank. I pretty much told him he was full of it ( not Gold ) although the beer he was drinking was called "4x gold " ( seriously ) he replies that i just needed the right technique. so i invited him to show me how it was done or to shut the hell up. so he gets up grabs a pan fills it from the bottom of the creek and proceeds to work the contents after 15/20 minutes he says here see this. It was the first time I had ever seen gold in the wild, and the last so far. in the bottom of his pan was a tail of bright yellow gold dust. Would have been 10mm long and a mm wide no idea how thick, but it looked impressive to this greenhorn. All of a sudden I'm full of renewed enthusiasm, when he dips the pan into the water again and rinses out the pan. Gold and all. I was rather taken aback and said what the hell are you doing to which he replied getting more beer and heading home lets go.
 Needless to say I will never go prospecting with him again, he would probably find a nugget, then try and see how many times he could get it to skip across the surface lol.
Keep On
 Detecting
Gozzo

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,35901.msg219302.html#msg219302

Dig it, you know you WANT to.

Sorry this isn't that kind of Swingers club.

Offline hardluck
Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2012, 05:52:44 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Gozzo you will hear this time and time again.

Some times you just need a little luck on your side. I cannot count the times I come home empty handed. persistance in the search is numbers game your bound to find some eventually. Just remember 315 ounce nugget is worth $504000.00 in gold alone, just one of those babies and it makes life a hell of a lot easier. But you got to be in it to win it.

Good luck with your search

Hardluck

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,35901.msg219310.html#msg219310

Offline Renegade7
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1070.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounty Hunter  Qwik Draw II
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2012, 08:14:28 pm »
Go Up Go Down

thats true, if you dont play you wont win. Hell just to go and say you did would be enough.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,35901.msg219390.html#msg219390

Offline FlowerOfTheSea
Knight
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1685.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett ADS III / Garrett Sea Hunter
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2012, 08:39:16 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Wow, opportunities abound. I am with hardluck, start buying those mining stocks.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,35901.msg219400.html#msg219400

FlowerOfTheSea (Flor Do Mar)

Print
Pages:  1 2    Go Up
Jump to: