[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline garyncamiTopic starter
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

185.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Tesoro Vaquero
« on: June 17, 2010, 12:19:13 am »
Go Up Go Down

This find is one of my favorite pieces in my collection. And had to be one of the easiest to identify too. But only after I cleaned it off to be able to read it.  I know most people would scold me for doing such a thing to an old piece, but I love old car stuff. I restore vehicles for a living, and find that old automobile things very artistic and sexy.
This  had to be one of the longest days of hunting that I?ve ever had. My family and my father were all hiking through a local park right up the street from my house. Being the life-long treasure hunters we are, we noticed the ground was covered in glass and knew we were standing in an old dump.
Not long before we were digging like moles in the site. We had found so many bottles and jars of all shapes, sizes, and colors that we had to drive back to my house and unload to go back and load up again. We found 300+ ?COMPLETE? jars and bottles. Which I will be posting tomorrow after I take pics for everyone to check out. Along with all the glass were tons of other items, none of which were newer then 1950?s. WE found a lot of silverware, marbles, Zippo type lighters, jewelry, etc. What a blast!!
This gauge was made by  Schrader-Universal in Brooklyn, NY. It was made for The Fisk Rubber Company in Chicopee Falls, Mass. Which with some research, found that this is now Uniroyal Tire Co. It?s pat?d dates are July 6,1909 to March 23,1916. I love having all this information so easily identifiable.

Hope you guys like it too, I will put the glass pics up soon.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,15668.msg100589.html#msg100589

There are 3 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

DSC05766.jpg
DSC05767.jpg
DSC05769.jpg

Offline ImN4gold
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

110.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

None of my own - Yet!
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, 01:58:54 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Gary and Cami!  What a great family!  I LOVED reading your post.  It sounded like so much fun.  You've got some great finds.  I'm new - with a borrowed (cheap) metal detector!  Looking at your finds and reading about your fun have me really excited to get out there!  How on earth do you keep up with all your finds?  Bottles found have to be kept in unbroken condition.  Do you have a special place to put it all?  Do you keep or sell them?  Questions, questions!  Thanks!    Debra (:   Continued Success!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,15668.msg100601.html#msg100601

Offline garyncamiTopic starter
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

185.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Tesoro Vaquero
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2010, 02:10:38 am »
Go Up Go Down

We have made what we call the "Bottle Garden" in the backyard. It's where we put all of our bottles and some of our junkier findings. I only have time right now because my girfriend and I both just lost our jobs. So we look at it as more time to spend with the kids and eachother. That's the best find yet. Kinda corny I know. But we enjoy all of the time together doing what we love.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,15668.msg100604.html#msg100604

Offline ImN4gold
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

110.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

None of my own - Yet!
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2010, 02:25:38 am »
Go Up Go Down

Not corny at all.  Your life is all about who and what you love.  And what a great idea.  A bottle garden.  You ought to write that up and get pictures.  There's a market for that kind of thing in magazines.  Maybe you've already started a new career and just don't know it YET!  Sorry about the employment picture.  Keep your focus on what matters, and who matters.  Your circumstances are not bigger than you are.    All the best.  Debra

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,15668.msg100608.html#msg100608

Offline Rattlesnake Joe
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

965.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett 250 ace,  Whites DI Pro,  Fisher two box
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2010, 02:11:31 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Nice find and in such good shape too.  Looks like a cartridge case.  Does it still work?  When we didn't have plastic we had glass, brass, copper, bronze, tin and iron.  They would have flipped over a "Tupperware" party huh?  Who ever invents the first time machine is gonna make a killing.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,15668.msg110829.html#msg110829

Offline Tassie
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Australia

100.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2010, 09:53:56 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Great find Gary!   I found one similar here in Australia years ago,they sure built them solid in those days...   Cheers Tassie

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,15668.msg112628.html#msg112628

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

Tyre Gauge.jpg

Offline Karl
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you211

Activity
0%
Male
United States

15290.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounter Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 , Famous Trails MD3005 ,Cen-Tech Pin Pointer MD
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2010, 08:40:11 am »
Go Up Go Down

Nice Find, I too enjoy old Car stuff, Have you checked to see if the tire gage still works??
Over the years i have found a few old toy cars and the biggest one was a Murray Sadface pedal car from 1950's i think,
found it buried in a crawlspace , well the house was gone just the wall was left , its rusted really really bad , but its a great conversation piece. Sits out in the garage for everyone to see. Would like to find a tire gage like yours also.

K

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,15668.msg132079.html#msg132079

"Keep Digging Its Down There Somewhere" Treasure Hunting, Gold and Coins.

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: