[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Eugene52Topic starter
M.D. Electronic Builders Club
Gold Member

Mood:Happy
Happy

Thank you398

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

17957.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Teknetics , Fisher , Discovery3300 and TIANXUN 19 kHz VLF Metal Detector
« on: January 02, 2009, 11:07:38 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I was scrolling through again on this Great New and Improoved Thunting Website and saw this Topic "By Location" "Oregon" ... So It is a great opportunity for me to tell my story again about a book I read year's ago from the public library . I will try to brief , and maybe someone from North Western Oregon remember's about this un-discovered treasure at the mouth of the columbia river . The book I think was called "Gold in the Pacific Northwest " I read it around 1994 and it said that in 1810 two brothers from Norway or Denmark immigrated and settled near the mouth of the columbia river on the extreme west side of southwestern Washington or Northwestern tip of  Oregon  , they buried $100,000 dollars in Gold Bars somewhere on their huge acreage or Homestead . They past away and a surviving relative told the local newspaper many years later about the buried lost gold .  I wish I can locate the book to make sure the details are correct , but the treasure has still not been found and could be worth millions by today's gold PRICES !!!! Anyone in North Western Oregon who remembers this story accurately is Welcome to please post any information . I will search for the book again and try to post more information like  names of the closest towns and how / where the treasure "Might Be" buried. .............Regards............Eugene52

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2798.msg21046.html#msg21046

« Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 11:09:35 pm by Eugene52 »

Let's Talk Treasure right here on Thunting.com

Offline Eugene52Topic starter
Gold Member

Mood:Happy
Happy

Thank you398

Activity
0%
Male
United States

17957.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Teknetics , Fisher , Discovery3300 and TIANXUN 19 kHz VLF Metal Detector
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2009, 10:48:42 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Again  , The book was called Buried Treasures of the Pacific Nothwest by WC Jameson . 1995 and 191 pages , it is at the Library . And from my Research there is more Buried Gold and Lost Caches still not found , in Oregon , not much in  Washington State . So anything written related to Oregon in this Book should be taken serious. A goodbook to read , Do not buy it just find it at your public  library !!!!!!!! Wise Wise Wise the old man with the white beard reminds me of me !!!!...............Eugene52

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2798.msg21207.html#msg21207

« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 10:50:21 pm by Eugene52 »

Let's Talk Treasure right here on Thunting.com

Offline Bud
Copper Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%

United States

240.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Minelab-XT17000/Explorer
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2009, 12:01:22 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hey Eugene52,

I'm not real impressed with W.C. Jameson. I have the book you are talking about and he seems to be merely 'parroting' other writers. His 'sources' don't bear close scrutiny.

I admit I am a devout follower of Ruby El Hult. The woman was a master researcher of the Pacific N.W..

Having said that; Jameson's info re. the Norway or Denmark brothers immigrating to the mouth of the Columbia in 1810 is highly unlikely. Lewis & Clark did not see the mouth in the Astoria area until Nov. 24, 1805. It seems questionable that 4+ years later someone would sashay across America and 'settle', bringing $100,000 to 'their huge acreage or homestead'. This in the 'Lousiana Territory' where only a few white men (mountain men/trappers) had trod, waaaay before settlers arrived to take up land.

Jameson also puts the Lost Meek Train of 1845 in Nevada which, according to existing diaries is an impossibility.

I could be wrong......but I don't think so.

Bud

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2798.msg26759.html#msg26759

« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 12:11:42 am by Bud »
Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: