[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Nc-Dirty-diggerTopic starter
Bronze Member

Thank you5

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

745.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

minelab xterra70/garrett1350/minelab relic hawk
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2009, 04:28:57 pm »
Go Up Go Down

thank you golddigger

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9825.msg61766.html#msg61766

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2009, 04:43:14 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Nc-Dirty-digger
thank you golddigger

My pleasure. Now go heat up your soldering iron and break out your crimping tools! Time's a-wasting!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9825.msg61768.html#msg61768

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline xavier
Platin Member

From a rainy Brussels
Thank you166

Activity
0%
Male
Belgium

32206.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2009, 04:54:39 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi NC

The wiper pin is all ways the centre pin on the pot a pot can be used for a volume control where you will only use the centre pin (wiper) and the outer pin to the right of the pot (knob facing you and pins pointing down) that way the more you turn the knob to the right the more you reduce the resistance in the pot and the more the volume will go up and for a balance like you have on your HI-FI for the speaker balance you will use the wiper (centre pin) and the two outer pins for your left and right balance. Hope that will help

Regards Xavier

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9825.msg61769.html#msg61769

Xavier

So many questions so little time

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2009, 05:04:56 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by xavier
Hi NC

The wiper pin is all ways the centre pin on the pot a pot can be used for a volume control where you will only use the centre pin (wiper) and the outer pin to the right of the pot (knob facing you and pins pointing down) that way the more you turn the knob to the right the more you reduce the resistance in the pot and the more the volume will go up and for a balance like you have on your HI-FI for the speaker balance you will use the wiper (centre pin) and the two outer pins for your left and right balance. Hope that will help

Regards Xavier

Note: Almost always the center pin. Not always. For now, just trust me on this. I've been around the industry for more than 40 years now and I've seen many that don't conform for one reason or another.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9825.msg61771.html#msg61771

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Bronze Member

Thank you5

Activity
0%

United States

745.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2009, 08:06:30 pm »
Go Up Go Down

thanks everyone im gonna try this tonight.if i need some help i'll be back on here.i don't mind asking cause i dont wanna screw anything up
what gauge wire should i use?
i have 22 gauge insulated

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9825.msg61817.html#msg61817

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2009, 08:09:22 pm »
Go Up Go Down

18 SWG stranded would  work fine for that stuff.

Grin

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9825.msg61818.html#msg61818

Bronze Member

Thank you5

Activity
0%

United States

745.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2009, 09:37:14 pm »
Go Up Go Down

golddigger i checked out the site you recommended and it was informative, thank you.i have another question now though.in the diagram part B from what i read on the site about wirring diagrams is that when there are 2 wires that intercect and they have a dot on them that means it is a junction there between the 2 wires.so my question now is on my diagram B #5 pot (10k)connects with pot #2 (220k) but it intercects with #4. does this mean that it is a junction there it has a dot?and does it mean the 2 wires should be soldered together?or how would you make a junction between 2 wires? thank you i know i have a lot of questions i just want to get it right.
hers a picture of the board.
i assume at the bottom right hand corner the connector there with 2 prongs is for the coil. Right?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9825.msg61830.html#msg61830

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

PI board.jpg

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2009, 12:32:05 am »
Go Up Go Down

golddigger i checked out the site you recommended and it was informative, thank you.i have another question now though.in the diagram part B from what i read on the site about wirring diagrams is that when there are 2 wires that intercect and they have a dot on them that means it is a junction there between the 2 wires.so my question now is on my diagram B #5 pot (10k)connects with pot #2 (220k) but it intercects with #4. does this mean that it is a junction there it has a dot?and does it mean the 2 wires should be soldered together?or how would you make a junction between 2 wires? thank you i know i have a lot of questions i just want to get it right.
hers a picture of the board.
i assume at the bottom right hand corner the connector there with 2 prongs is for the coil. Right?

It means that all three of the wires indicated by terminating at the dot should be soldered together or should be crimped into the same connector element. One wire from the 10k pot, the wiper (probably center pin) from the 47k pot and wiper (probably center pin) from the 220k pot should all be soldered together or crimped into the same connector element.

In other words, solder a length of wire from the center pin of the 10k pot. Then solder a length of wire to the center pin of the 220k pot. Solder a a length of wire from one of the two outer pins of the 47k pot. Then solder all the unconnected ends of the three wires together either into the PC board hole or crimp them into a connector pin. I recommend that you use a connector. The hole on the PC board won't be big enough to accept all three wires.

I'm going to suggest that you find within the group of people known as your family or friends, an electronics technician to help you with this aspect of your project. Just this once. It's a skill set you can easily learn but are better off being shown.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9825.msg61865.html#msg61865

Let's Talk Treasure!

Bronze Member

Thank you5

Activity
0%

United States

745.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2009, 03:28:02 am »
Go Up Go Down

Ok i started soldering up everything and it is easier once you start and see what everything is doing.the diagram just messed me all up i have never done this before so i guess it was my nerves.i am sorry but i do have another question.i've wired everything in diagram B except #11 #12 i have wired  pin #12 to the fuse holder and i have a wire from the holder to nothing yet, then i have wired pin #11to nothing. from what i just stated you should be able to see where im at on the diagram. what i need to know is what the fuse holder connects to and the #11 wire?it looks like to switches to me one of them being on/off the other being a the battery. am i right?oh and thanks so much for all of your help its just what a newbie needs
ok i figured that out its for the battery. everything is soldered except for the headphone jack.i have the speaker soldered up to the connector but where do you wire in the headphone jack? inline with the speaker?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9825.msg61883.html#msg61883

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2009, 04:17:33 am »
Go Up Go Down

Ok i started soldering up everything and it is easier once you start and see what everything is doing.the diagram just messed me all up i have never done this before so i guess it was my nerves.i am sorry but i do have another question.i've wired everything in diagram B except #11 #12 i have wired  pin #12 to the fuse holder and i have a wire from the holder to nothing yet, then i have wired pin #11to nothing. from what i just stated you should be able to see where im at on the diagram. what i need to know is what the fuse holder connects to and the #11 wire?it looks like to switches to me one of them being on/off the other being a the battery. am i right?oh and thanks so much for all of your help its just what a newbie needs
ok i figured that out its for the battery. everything is soldered except for the headphone jack.i have the speaker soldered up to the connector but where do you wire in the headphone jack? inline with the speaker?

If you imagine that the little lever looking thing connected to pin 11 is a switch that is shown in the open position, it may help you. The battery negative is wired through the switch to pin 11 which, as I said, is shown to be open. The other side of the 12 volt battery, the positive side, is wired to one side of the fuse. The other side of the fuse goes to pin 12. Is that clear now?

The headphone jack is much more complicated. For the time being, simply wire the jack in place of the speaker. Don't install the speaker at all. You probably will never use it anyway. Seriously.

However, the proper way to wire the headphone jack is so that when you plug in the headphones, the speaker is disconnected from the circuit. You don't want both of them on at the same time. That will use up your battery too rapidly.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9825.msg61891.html#msg61891

« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 04:19:08 am by GoldDigger1950 »

Let's Talk Treasure!

Print
Pages:  1 2 3   Go Up
Jump to: